Default balance leveling interruptions

new players, not just new to nc but low lvl toons need to have their space to level and cap out in order to pvp. lets not think about this in terms of now days where the community is small but lets say like it was in nc 1 and beginning of nc 2 through the start of DoY.

NC shouldnt be about getting ganked while leveling as it happens too often even now days. after the start of doy i vowed not to take le out untill cap and rares are obtained, i made an exception recently with my first tank (amazing i havent tried tank before) to experiment to see if gankers are still out there and ofc they are, it has been hard to lvl without le even with the increase in xp because i get killed wherever i go.

its just a big resistor to what i could be doing at cap not to mention you loose items and have to go rebuy stuff when they hack your belt... So i think this basically comes down to being able to reach cap faster so i can pvp.

* I think doing away with le and prevent pvp untill all skills are caped may be the way to go

whats the point of having low lvl toons without le any way? they are absolutely no match for anyone a few ranks higher anyway and in many cases even someone of lower rank can have more levels in their main stats and less in other less important stats from doing something like repairing a rhino thus allowing them to equip higher lvl weapons at lower ranks.

* Or prevent pvp in certain known leveling zones and disable le in other rare parts farming zones and op's

this one would be a much tougher decision to do, it would be hard to decide which zones to make pvp or nonpvp like areas where you have epic objectives and rare part farming mobs like the garbage dump.

Basically anywhere you have a situation where a dominate player can take advantage of a less dominate player theres gonna be issues. In closing; although the community is awsome there are and may always be a large part that who put a big resistor to the games desirability. The dev team has been doing a great job of keeping everything togeather and implementing new features and rethinking others.

Side note; in the future when theres a new release for a new Neocron id like to see tru-aim fps kinda like counterstrike or blacklight retribution instead of the target box's.

Your problem seems to be that you re unclanned/playing alone. If you had a clan, your guys should take care of the "gankers". You can also always ask on faction channel or hire the City Mercs (17th squad) to take care of any guys harassing you.

The problem with being able to level until you re capped without restrictions is, that it would make the game a lot more boring.

not everyone in nc wants to be in a clan and not every clan has the time to helps their m8's getting ganked especially now days when theres only between 22-115 players on at any given time (mostly 22-80). Even back in the old days sure clan m8s didnt always help out because they were doing their own stuff but when they did it worked out here and there mosltly though it was short lived, gankers would bring friends then it turned out to be a clan war where trying to lvl and still the ganking continued so thats really not a solution. Mostly it was rl friends or my rl brother who helped anyway.

Ive been playing solo since i came back a year or two after DoY got evacuated. lol last night i was lvling a and a group of folks pk me a few times telling me to join them and they leave me alone, they said they were tired of ppl saying they join but dont so they pk everyone unless they join.

honestly I thought really it was cool clan aspect if they were rollplaying because it fit in perfectly with the whole NC vibe but they werent rollplay they were just being "you know whats" and its definitely not fun getting ganked a constantly when your trying to lvl, it just makes it next to impossible to level a toon.

If ganking didnt occure as much i think there would be twice as many people still playing. not to mention some noobs are talked into taking their le out early, back in the old days it wasnt an issue, just get max si your rank drops and put it back in but now si doesnt effect si as much as it did so no going back when that happens.

Ive been around long enough and i never had a caped non led toon.

The problem with being able to level until you re capped without restrictions is, that it would make the game a lot more boring.
    a lot more boring for who? I cant speak for anyone but myself but preventing someone from leveling is not entertainment by seeking them out and killing them time and time again is not or griefing them for that matter. It detures someone from wanting to level their non led toon.

* so heres another suggestion, non led toons can not get killed by runners in leveling areas more than once every hour or two, give them some time to level before they get ganked again. I think that is a fair aspect to have

you got ganked and you came and made a thread about it.

I recognise your comments about the putting LE back in at max si and all that from the help channel. Are you Dyne Wallace?
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

This just sounds like a massive moan about being pked. It's really tough to see what the constructive parts of your post are.

You say there are only 115 players. There are about that many zones in nc... So if every player was in 5 or 6 popular zones that still gives you a few dozen to go to where you can level alone.

If you level at crp or regants or one of the other popular spots you will get ganked. Nc is a PvP game.

If your clan doesn't help you they are a shit clan. Join a good one.

If you can't find any better zones to level in then it's not the game at fault buddy... It's more likely to be you.

I levelled all of my toons in regants and some other places too and I got killed a few times but I fought back plenty too. Just suck it up. It happens.

Failing that you can always keep the le in. There are two easy solutions to your problem.

If you click my sig below you can potentially find a better clan than you had before. If you can PvP we might be able to give you a trial perhaps.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The only thing I'd change is, give us the chance to put an LE back in (with restrictions, once a month or so).

For the Rest: no. Just no.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Nc is a PvP game.
    No. It just isn't. NC is a ganking game. Its all about that. If PvP was its main focus it was all about consistency and fairness.
    NC is all about who has the better gear and more people to gank the others harder.
    An even fight must be arranged and does not come natural. I will never be a true PvP game if that doesn't come natural.
    Which MMORPGs will only grant in instanced, regulated battlegrounds.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

stone, i hate to say that, but: keep that LE in if you dont want to be killed. yes, theres a small EXP malus above level 30, but that wont keep you from reaching cap. another advice comes to us from the past. in NC1 we all plugged that LE out on our way from MC5 to the starter app. while there was less mindless ganking than today you still could get killed, unless you choose to hunt on your own. if you stay in places where no one else goes to, you will not be shot down without reason by some bored 12-year-old. try warbots and hovers in the mountain area, go to the steppes or the northern canyons, check unused caves (there are plenty). just not cycrow, regants, MB. good luck.

I levelled my main toon (tank) without my le and was ganked only once or twice. Didnt make a thread about it.
    Just suck it up and look for another location to level. I like that tbh..would be boring playing with le. I love neocrons atmosphere and i like the exciment of pvp contacts! Even if its yourself gettin hunted..learn to observe your surroundings and have an escape route ready or be ready to fight for your life. Currently levellin a monk, without le ofc. Ive been ganked 0 times..around rank40 now.

Reason why im saying this is because i think there might be something youre doing wrong if youre getting killed and killed over and over again.

@torg, 12-year olds? Dont mean to sound rude but if youre older than most of the playerbase it doesnt mean you have right to call gankers 12year olds..i doubt there are 12 year olds playing neocron. Some might be younger than 18 for sure..but 12? Cmon!
    Last edited by Juppe; 23-02-14 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Juppe View Post
    ...it doesnt mean you have right to call gankers 12year olds..
    yes, i do. we all know the difference between PvP (fights between PvP enabled toons) and shooting weaker for no reason but an easy kill. The latter is for 12-year-olds.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I will never be a true PvP game if that doesn't come natural.
    Supposed to be "IT will never be..." as in the game, Neocron.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

You realize torg that is exact same thing as saying all players wearing LE are scared little girls. We all know neocron isnt meant to be played LEd till wocced and suddenly you are an pvper or whatever.
    gankers are more roleplaying neocron than the LEd playerbase holdin hands with enemy factions.
    I think this went little off topic tho.

gankers are more roleplaying neocron than the LEd playerbase holdin hands with enemy factions.
    That is a big heap of horse shit. If killing babies in the cradle is in order then so is defection and betrayal.

I think this went little off topic tho.
    yea, right, you and i have different opinions on that. just to make it more clear: do you think the OP starter should keep that LE in until wocced (no...) or unplug it and get along with being killed occasionally for no reason (i think we agree on RP-based kills)? why is that? and since you've been asking: yes, i believe players ganking weaker chars (unable to fight back) "are scared little girls".

edit: Whatever, I'll just ignore him...
    Last edited by BlueRobot; 24-02-14 at 02:03.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast