Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

I dont see why we couldnt have one weekend a month calendarised as double XP then have a whole week of double XP to make up for downtime (or triple XP)

Once a month server would be full, all the rest of the time it would be empty. Most likely.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Once a month server would be full, all the rest of the time it would be empty. Most likely.
    Sad but true.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

The other part about it is during KKs days you never even saw such a thing as double xp day! You were lucky if you got an event that wasnt player run at some times in NC's history.

Triv already said in one of his posts recently - they want to save the double XP stuff for special occasions. To me that means when there is something to celebrate (another milestone like Sparta release or something) or a public holiday maybe or Xmas etc etc.

If we get too many of them people will demand them all the time, if they become the norm people will demand double xp all the time. If they are given during "special" times (as above) people appreciate them for what they are and take full advantage of the time they get.

It is not hard to cap a char in todays NC, it is not hard to get donations from the players who by now have amassed great personal wealth. All you have to do is make a thread and say hey guys im gonna get back into the game - can anyone give me a dig out. Or say the same on HELP channel in the game.

There are enough people who will bend over backwards to help out.

As a casual player you can easily cap your char in a few weeks at standard XP. Anyone who says otherwise is just doing it wrong. Anyone who doesnt understand how to do that only has to ask as there are plenty of ways to do it, with help from the rest of the community or solo.

If people want to log on to a capped char and begin the pvp right away then there is battlefield 4. If people want to enjoy a cyberpunk atmosphere and the cruel world soaked in it then they need NC.

If anyone reads this post and wants help getting back into the game then feel free to pm me. I will help in any way possible to assist old and new players getting into nc.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If anyone reads this post and wants help getting back into the game then feel free to pm me. I will help in any way possible to assist old and new players getting into nc.
    I can vouch for this... William has been very helpful to me and my efforts to get back into NC!
    When I first began playing over 12 years ago I had all the time in the world and zero knowledge of the innerworkings of a Neocron. I literally spent days and days and probably weeks killing roaches, flies and spiders in the sewers. I still feel those damn roaches are the hardest things to keep targeted! Probably the best tool to improve aim and maintaining target lock (picturing rocky balboa chasing a chicken around). Now I have little time as I have a wife and two kids( 3 & 6) but I have a good base of knowledge to offset the time. William has helped me remember what's been forgotten and educate me to the new things in game.

I also have to say that there have been several people ingame that have spent a good bit of their time and cash to help. It's been nice.

Of course there are still dbags but they also add to the experience... Providing motivation to get stronger/better so that in time I will have a cab full of their dog tags. Are there still dog tags?

Yes there are.

Tbh though there are a lot of safezone warriors in nc now.

Quote Originally Posted by hudsonbeck View Post
    I still feel those damn roaches are the hardest things to keep targeted!
    Try using your fists (alt+h). Same for bees. And get brass knuckles for more dmg.

Tl 3 grenade launcher all the way. Best noob weapon in the game.

Go in the sewer and empty every clip down the corridors. It's just another bug hunt.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123