Default Make Launcher Cyclops drop rares?

To bring noobs in to the game and make them feel like the grind is not endless how about giving them a chance to find rare parts in Launcher Cyclops?

The drop rate should be absolutely bare minimum chance (1 in 100 or whatever the calculation might need to be) but have it there nonetheless.

There are many positive reasons for this:

It promotes interactivity between players earlier

It gives new people a chance to learn about rares more quickly

It teases them into levelling up higher to get MOAR RAREZ!!!!

It is a fun way to help people level faster and more quickly.

The drop rate needs to be specifically low to stop capped players from shooting all the cyclopses and farming rare parts from them, make it so low its not worth doing but even so to the noob who is levelling at mb/elsewhere then he might have the chance to come across a rare part.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

former king of saturn

Fully agree with this. New players are at a disadvantage for any number of reasons, but trade is probably the most handicapping. Giving them a foundation of tradeables will springboard progression of their chars and knowledge of the game

"giving new players a foundation of tradeables" is something I fully support.
    Turning to rares to accomplish this goal, not so much.

The thing about rares is that they are a sought after resource that cannot be bought. Instead of making sewer flies drop rares, I'd rather see more parts of the economy rely on player sourced materials.

Anyone remember the days of beta where hordes of new players would farm low level resources such as chitin, metal or wood to earn good money? Where mid level traders could make a living of upcycling those raw materials to chems and clans would utilize them to build goods? (or in reality, just sell them for insane profit with a barter, but the concept was good!). Just like the PvP/PvE balancing, I think the economy and crafting system could well use a dedicated revamp. One after the other though.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

We also need more variety in items that are of genuine use to the economy.

Weapon part 8s from launchers would be good though.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    We also need more variety in items that are of genuine use to the economy.

Weapon part 8s from launchers would be good though.
    THIS I agree with!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I like the idea of finding a tech part in a launcher over a weapon part 8. Weapon part 8s just arent that much of a commodity. Imagine your a noob and you find one and you ask oh hey whats this is it valuable and someone goes yeah bro you gonna get about 5k for it sold to a player and a bit less at Yos.

On the flip side you find an *unidentified* tech part and your like hey is this worth anything and someone goes well yeah like that its worth 60-70k to someone the new guy will be set up for money very easily should he decide to sell it or he can choose to keep it and get it researched.

Its all about the engagement factor. Get them in get them hooked and get them feeling like they have stuff. They can even keep the unressed techs and trade them against something better when they are at a level to use it.

Skip the weapon part 8s. Go with the techs. Much better idea.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I like the idea of finding a tech part in a launcher over a weapon part 8. Weapon part 8s just arent that much of a commodity. Imagine your a noob and you find one and you ask oh hey whats this is it valuable and someone goes yeah bro you gonna get about 5k for it sold to a player and a bit less at Yos.

On the flip side you find an *unidentified* tech part and your like hey is this worth anything and someone goes well yeah like that its worth 60-70k to someone the new guy will be set up for money very easily should he decide to sell it or he can choose to keep it and get it researched.

Its all about the engagement factor. Get them in get them hooked and get them feeling like they have stuff. They can even keep the unressed techs and trade them against something better when they are at a level to use it.

Skip the weapon part 8s. Go with the techs. Much better idea.
    A low level player have USE for wp8's.. Thats why I think thats a far better idea.
    The only usage a low level player have for techs, is for a money income.. I personally dont like that.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Its still more useful. Doesnt matter which way you spin it.

While I support this idea, I fear that MB will became crowded by high level players looking for easy techs.

I support the idea of having lower level monsters having a chance to drop Weapon parts up to a certain level.
    I think Launcher Cyclops having a chance to drop all parts up to WP9 is a good idea.
    The higher level weapons require these parts and they're not easily obtainable on a noob that is strapped for cash.

Rare Techs in Launchers is just carelessness, would also further devalue Tech Parts.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    While I support this idea, I fear that MB will became crowded by high level players looking for easy techs.
    if the drop rate is like the old warbot drop rate (1 in a million or soemthing extremely high compared to fire mobs et al) this one be a problem. i believe this was stated in the opening post.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Yes indeed it was. Also noobs fighting weapons don't require weapon part 9s till mid level when they could fight mobs that drop them. They can of course ask to buy a bp from players which would short out this entire line of reasoning.

Dropping the odd rare like one in 100s of kills would be of use to the noobs as it is a very pleasant surprise. Once you have one blueprint of a weapon part you're set for life but the chance to keep getting rares, even remotely is enough to make pve more fun earlier on until the noobs level beyond /50 mobs.

Devalue rare parts? In what way? You mean bring prices down on unressed? I'm not following your meaning cursed shadow.

oh noez. you can start tech-part-farming on a TL-40-ish weapon. so please dont make cyclops farmable. of course PvE needs to be rebalanced. but.... not stupid cyclops. keep it to CR-75 and up mobs.

drop rate of 1 in over 100+ kills is not farmable chaps.

read the thread sometimes please!

I felt in NC1 rares were rare. I don't like the idea of lower level mobs dropping Tech Parts but the Weapon Part idea is great.
    That being said, there still needs to be a RE-BALANCE of weapons.. in NC1 some non-rare weapons were still ok. If anything i think rares should even be harder to find..maybe lower drop rate but make them drop in more high level mobs so that the usually farm spots are super camped.

edit: a change like this would have to happen on a fresh economy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast