former king of saturn

Default [00923][retail] Nightly disconnect @ 0735 Server Time (not maint!)

So there has been a recurring disconnect taking place at 0735 server time daily ever since the scheduled maintenance was moved. This same disconnect used to happen before the move as well, but it was at 0805 server time back then.

This happens every night to all connected runners. Many people describe it as a crash, but your client survives so it isn't actually a 'crash.'

All player chars stay online during the disconnect. If you connect back quickly enough, you see all characters standing around just as they had been before the disconnect. Then after another moment or two, everyone reconnects and goes about their business.

This happens every day, then we're in store for another in an hour. Can this disconnect be eliminated?

What country and timezone are you in?

7.35 sounds like the time of the daily server reboot. (It was moved to be later, so it would cause less disruption to the US players.)

Can you also confirm don't have warnings of a impending server shut-down in your console logs?

/Edit: Can you also list the ISP you use please? Thanks.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 03-02-14 at 18:42.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

former king of saturn

US/GMT-7

The server maintenance takes place at 0830 server time. This disconnect is at 0735 - there is no forewarning and it impacts all connected users, not just me. My ISP is comcast.

Ok there is a little confusion of timezones here.

7.35 (GMT) is the UK time for the reboot. In Germany where there the server is located, this time is 8.35 (CET)

You should see messages saying the server is going down for reboot at 7.25 (GMT) with a shutdown at 7.30 (GMT). The reboots take place at 7.35 (GMT)

By 7.45 (GMT) Everything should be back.
    Last edited by Bifrost; 04-02-14 at 00:00.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

former king of saturn

I think you're still confused. I've re-read a few times and have found my definition of times to be accurate.

The restart I am referring to takes place @ 0735 GMT+1 aka "server time"
    This is NOT the scheduled maintenance (since that takes place at 0830), this is a different event that takes place an hour before the actual scheduled maintenance - there is no announcement in-game for this disconnect as there is for the scheduled restart.

If I'm still not making sense, I encourage you to connect to the server at 0725 GMT+1 tomorrow and wait. It will happen, and I'll be on to verify.

This might or might not be a related issue but have been meaning to post it for you guys to hear about.

I was online on tuesday evening (australian time) and was researching some tech parts when i saw the automated shutdown notification. I was in the middle of a process and continued with the intention to log out before getting kicked off the server. during the countdown to the maintenance shutdown i was sat on a bench in plaza 1 on my researcher researching my tech parts. I had researched a couple of parts including a paw of tiger part.

In the middle of researching another part the game froze for a few seconds and the "synchronizing" message appeared for 2-3 seconds. Then i had what i can only describe as a small lag spike and the game settled normally. The tech part i was researching completed and everything was good. However some how the previously researched paw of tiger part ( i had just finished it and moved it to my inventory) disappeared from the inventory completely. It hadnt stacked or anything and i hadnt dropped it. after the synch update it simply wasnt there.

I dont care one bit about the rare itself but this occurrence worried me. all my other parts were ok and i logged out normally before the shutdown and logged back on when the server was up with no further issues. all techs safe and sound etc except for this PoT part.

My isp is Optus here in sydney if this is relevant to the thing. It could merely be an aberration as i have never had it before but feel its probably better to mention it as it might have affected other people as well.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

former king of saturn

This would be unrelated, then. My report is not related to the actual scheduled restart. To your point though, lag-induced inventory abnormalities should be a high priority for runners and NST alike.

I think I finally found the problem, but it needs a prove
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

former king of saturn

I'll let you know tonight! Thanks Z.

former king of saturn

No disconnect tonight!

Ok this one might be related but both myself and another friend have found that we get disconnected after the reset time. The server goes down for maintenance as usual and then we log back on. Its approximately 5 mins after this that we then face another disconnect back to the log in screen. We reconnect as normal and then it runs smooth as silk.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Ok this one might be related but both myself and another friend have found that we get disconnected after the reset time. The server goes down for maintenance as usual and then we log back on. Its approximately 5 mins after this that we then face another disconnect back to the log in screen. We reconnect as normal and then it runs smooth as silk.
    Yes this is "normal"
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Yes this is "normal"

ok by "normal" do you mean just suck it up and deal with it as theres no way round it? If its going to be a continuous thing that will always occurr but will affect very few people (current pops at that time withstanding) then i can happily use the reset time to go off and make a drink etc and take my scheduled hourly break. Just so long as i know its something to tolerate rather than whine about.
    Something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    ok by "normal" do you mean just suck it up and deal with it as theres no way round it? If its going to be a continuous thing that will always occurr but will affect very few people (current pops at that time withstanding) then i can happily use the reset time to go off and make a drink etc and take my scheduled hourly break. Just so long as i know its something to tolerate rather than whine about.
    Its more a timing issue. But I'l try to fix it.
    Zoltan
    Neocron Support Team