Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Give us an example because that post made zero sense. How do you weaken a drug that gives +1 dex?
    example: +0.5 dex instead of +1 dex. or 150 secs duration instead of 300. or synaptic impairment along with the drugflsh. my opinion is we should slightly tone down the importance of drugs rather than enhance it.

They are already useless. Don't make them even more useless lol! Torg sometimes I wonder about you.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

They are already useless. Don't make them even more useless lol! Torg sometimes I wonder about you.
    I actually think that drug durations should be different too:

Level 1 drugs: 60mins
    Level 2 drugs: 30mins
    Level 3 drugs: 15mins

That makes it easier to use drugs, but opens them up for abuse. (People could take 10+ drugs without worrying so much about flash)
    I've always thought perhaps a more appropriate drug limit should be imposed.
    Perhaps a maximum of X drugs should be applied at any one time? (I'd suggest a max of 3)

i used drugs a lot (speaking of NC here). i believe other people do alike (again, in NC). i understand you'd want drugs to be different. you may understand our opinoins on that are different, too.

Now you're really contradicting yourself. You use them yet a lot yet you want to make them worse. What kind of masochistic person are you? Do you sit on a bed of nails while you play nc also?

Now you're really contradicting yourself. You use them yet a lot yet you want to make them worse. What kind of masochistic person are you? Do you sit on a bed of nails while you play nc also?
    How is that a contradiction? Torg's position on drugs seems clear to me, he thinks they're OP and wants them nerfed, how frequently he uses them at the moment is irrelevant nor does it contradict his wish to see them changed. With things as they stand being on 2 or more drugs constantly is pretty much a requirement of pvp, even more so with certain classes and builds and it encourages weird gameplay like drug rezzes. Having to stop fighting every few minutes to kill myself and get rezzed isn't my idea of fun pvp, I'm just weird like that. Now don't say "oh then don't use them, no one's forcing you" I'm not a good enough player to hold my own without drugs when every other pvper is on them and most are probably higher skilled than me already, handicapping myself further isn't a real choice.

I wouldn't mind seeing duration raised on the lowest TL drugs, those are only ever used for PvE to meet weapon requirements anyway. I actually think the whole setup of drug buffs and drugflash needs to be looked at again and completely redone but that's another topic for a different thread.
    Last edited by hatmankh; 05-02-14 at 22:21.

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing duration raised on the lowest TL drugs
    Which is what was suggested in the original post of the thread. I think the idea is a kind of buff like you get from cooking and eating food in other mmos (wow is an example) which, while not being game breaking, is certainly an advantage when levelling up.

It makes lower end content more useful to levellers. it gets recycling more involved as a skill. It promotes drug use (that was a tongue in cheek comment before anyone burns me at a stake ) which is being argued for and against here.

Keep the discussion of drug rezzes, high end drugs etc out of the discussion and focus on the lower end of the market (what you can buy at medicare) as i believe this is the area predicated for discussion.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

The discussion is about level 1 drugs, not pvp.

also who in their right mind wants level 1 drugs which are already useless to be even more useless. Thats the contradiction. Read what he is saying. Look through his posts. Every time a new idea comes up he is instantly against it. Noone else on this forum does that. Sometimes he is so against it that he has to come out with ridiculous ideas like the one above just to appear to be against it.

Nobody uses level 1 drugs, they last for like a minute and then you get a flash. Now by Torgs proposal after that time you would get SI too.

Come on dude. Take a step back and just think about how cool that feature would be for the game. We could all get SI on demand. I am sorry if this is coming across as sarcastic but I cant help myself tbh. Saying no I want less drug use in the game is one thing but making a useless item even more useless is another entirely.

To me it looks like Torg just read the thread title and then decided to post his thoughts on drugs in general, which is bad enough already. Maybe I'm just being naive but I doubt Torg wants those sorts of changes made to level 1 drugs, his posts seemed to all be about high end drugs and pvp. I didn't mean to derail the thread but it looked like it was about to get derailed anyway.

OT: I actually have used level 1 drugs while levelling characters and still use them sometimes to activate my implants after gring or dying so they're not useless to me. Increasing their duration is harmless by itself but if we're taking the time to change drugs at all I'd rather they had a complete overhaul as I said before, they're pretty broken right now.

Suggest examples then please. State numbers and reasons so that proper discussions can start.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    With things as they stand being on 2 or more drugs constantly is pretty much a requirement of pvp, even more so with certain classes and builds and it encourages weird gameplay like drug rezzes. Having to stop fighting every few minutes to kill myself and get rezzed isn't my idea of fun pvp, I'm just weird like that. Now don't say "oh then don't use them, no one's forcing you" I'm not a good enough player to hold my own without drugs when every other pvper is on them and most are probably higher skilled than me already, handicapping myself further isn't a real choice.

I wouldn't mind seeing duration raised on the lowest TL drugs, those are only ever used for PvE to meet weapon requirements anyway. I actually think the whole setup of drug buffs and drugflash needs to be looked at again and completely redone but that's another topic for a different thread.
    This^100

to be more specific: i used drugs a lot for levelling lowbie chars. and from that i think L1 drugs are too powerful and/or have too little disadvantages. my opinion.

You're on drugs right now I think tbh.... you are entitled to your opinion of course but seriously... too powerful? I can only laugh at this. I have heard some hilarious things in your posts but I think this one tops em all.

Thanks for contributing though Torg.

The REAL Walker

I have heard some hilarious things in your posts but I think this one tops em all.
    ...You sure about that?

OT: I cannot see how the low level drugs are too powerfull, in any way...
    They only last a couple of mins..
    Personally I only use them, when Im leveling a droner tbh (which do not happen often...).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

A huge problem with drugs in general, is that they are almost invariably a benefit.

If they were to modify a character by giving a bonus but also a noticeable malus, then people might think twice about their use.

This is more a end-game PvP consideration, but lower level drugs could do with being grouped with them in some way.

That said, the duration of the low level drugs makes them kinda pointless.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast