I thought the point of this thread was low level drugs needing a buff because they are shit. Too small a duration coupled with a drug flash that will build to the point of being completely blocked within 5 minutes of use. Low level drugs are NOT too powerful which is why this thread came up. Thats my opinion

Can i ask that everyone in the brainport that posts in threads either in agreement or disagreement please take a little longer in the construction process of a post and actually THINK what you are writing rather than dismissing/supporting ideas out of hand.

It seems like in a lot of recent threads there is the point of the thread and then there is a massive gap between that and the next person who posts.

Back on topic.

If anyone has played WoW (im sure plenty have) why not try and imagine the idea of the boosting of the drugs to be like the cooking skill in wow. It boosts an attribute for a while and helps a person reach higher weapons faster. What could also be done is removing all level 1 drugs that boost core attributes. Instead just have the drugs implemented at low levels that provide a buff to sub skills. Naturally im fairly sure a lot of the most popular ones could be the combat skills (RC/HC etc) but depending on damage type resist available maybe a new player wants to stock up on a transport buff or a support buff. Lower level constructors/researchers might decide to pop a few construction drugs while they level up their char also. Maybe a recycler uses one to help him too to recycle more and more drugs to feed his habit.

It also ADDS content in a sense that people can go off and buy and make drugs as well as ammo, meds etc. So long as this is not too huge of an advantage and makes for a bit more of an immersion aspect in this cyberpunk world. Runners are taking stimulants and stuff to enhance performance just like modern day athletes if you will.

And for the love of god why do you want to put a negative on it when its to help new players. If need be i would rather see a negative along the lines of "Doesnt work after con level X" to stop higher level players circumventing the system rather than punishing someone whos a lower level and just wants to get a bit of help getting ahead.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Low TL drugs are usefull. Boost your rank to reach the requirement for Epic missions, implants or PAs.

So just do get it right, Redflash (Lvl3) would flush Whiteflash (Lvl2) out of my system and Whiteflash Serumderibat(Lvl1)? No Lvl 1,2,3 drug stack?

Buffing noob stuff is a good idea, regardless of what it is. Heck, people would actually get to get somewhere with some ATL and AGI drugs.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    A huge problem with drugs in general, is that they are almost invariably a benefit.
    If they were to modify a character by giving a bonus but also a noticeable malus, then people might think twice about their use.
    This is more a end-game PvP consideration, but lower level drugs could do with being grouped with them in some way.
    That said, the duration of the low level drugs makes them kinda pointless.
    I really do think we're all over-complicating things.
    The simple solution, I believe is to:
    Impose a drug limit (fixes abuse)
    Extend drug durations (nice to have)
    Think of a better long-term solution (once the abuse is cleared up, minds will be brimming with more positive solutions)

I'm not going to say that the above changes are 'easy to code', but I will say that all of the settings and components already exist, which possibly makes it simpler than start from scratch.
    That being said, this is Neocron and the code probably is a burn it with fire and start from the ashes affair.

Slightly Off-Topic:

I doubt drugs were introduced to have people taking between 4-6 at any one time, which I am known to do in PvP.
    I'll start off with two drugs, then I'll use more and more to counteract the flash.
    I have used up to six drugs in OP fights just because I see no reason not to, I carefully select them so that every drug improves my character in some way and they are ordered from best to worst.

This is the current problem, there are no setbacks or properly enforced limits to drug taking in-game.
    Last edited by Cursed Shadow; 10-02-14 at 14:41.

There should not be any negatives or limits. They cost money and are a one time use. That is all the negative they need. Drug use in neocron should be encouraged, not frowned upon.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    There should not be any negatives or limits. They cost money and are a one time use. That is all the negative they need. Drug use in neocron should be encouraged, not frowned upon.
    No drug usage without the danger of overdosing.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

while i appreciate discussing new ideas (regardless whether i'd agree or not), my position on this one is: could we please leave L1 drugs the way they are? in general the underlying question is (i henceforth shall call it "Torg's razor"): is this idea making the game more interesting, or just easier? and if it's the latter, why would we want our Devs to dedicate valuable coding worktime to a project that isnt going to make the game more interesting? wouldnt we all rather want to have new drugs, i.e. "kami", new weapons, new locations?

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    while i appreciate discussing new ideas (regardless whether i'd agree or not), my position on this one is: could we please leave L1 drugs the way they are? in general the underlying question is (i henceforth shall call it "Torg's razor"): is this idea making the game more interesting, or just easier? and if it's the latter, why would we want our Devs to dedicate valuable coding worktime to a project that isnt going to make the game more interesting? wouldnt we all rather want to have new drugs, i.e. "kami", new weapons, new locations?
    Because changing the times the drugs last is A LOT easier/faster than adding new items/locations.....
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Because changing the times the drugs last is A LOT easier/faster than adding new items/locations.....
    We are making that assumption but i do wholeheartedly agree. Making something that already exists more relevant and beneficial is better than building something new from scratch despite what ever it may be. We are restoring neocron we are not trying to reinvent the wheel with this thread.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Actually what we are trying to do is help new players get into neocron with all of these ideas. Reel them in and get them hooked on the game.

cost money one time use and te drug flash that comes when they end are the malus end story
    BAD ASS 74/65 NERFED HYB {apu now}
    BLACK SOUL 79/67 RIFLE PE

AND SOMEOTHERS I WONT SAY

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    ...what we are trying to do is help new players get into neocron...
    actually this is the "wont anyone think of the children" argument. yes, i want to bring new people to neocron, too. but an idea is not automatically a great idea once you declare it to be helpful for beginners. i'm perfectly convinced that all help a new player could ask for is there. online. in the community. thats how i learned to use all those funny drugs. just like you.

tl;dr i dont believe extending the duration of L1-drugs will bring in new players, or make this game more enjoyable. i'm sorry.

You made your point torg. I'm not interested in hearing it get repeated tbh. The comment you quoted was a generalisation of my current thinking.

I'd be ok with this as long as they made it only main stat boosts drugs give me. One thing I've always hated is drugs in neocron, if you don't spend a fortune on them you will be at a disadvantage (quite a large one). And to top it off most people just have a ppu alt to rez them when it comes to the DF so they don't even need to worry about that.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    I'd be ok with this as long as they made it only main stat boosts drugs give me. One thing I've always hated is drugs in neocron, if you don't spend a fortune on them you will be at a disadvantage (quite a large one). And to top it off most people just have a ppu alt to rez them when it comes to the DF so they don't even need to worry about that.
    Its a great moneysink though...
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast