Default outpost weapon hardpoints

outpost turrets arent ingame because of abuse - it was possible to use the wrong places. one solution could be introducing turret hardpoints. imagine a dozen or so fixed places within a given OP, where a battle constructor spy, monk or PE could put a turret. this would probably give defenders some advantage, so other advantages (like the 4th hack) could possibly be removed.

should be possible to add without digging deep into the code.

Very good idea. Imagine those 1 minute cloak missions to put turret during siege while others trying to push back attackers.

The REAL Walker

I honestly do not miss turrets, at all..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    should be possible to add without digging deep into the code.
    You obviously never worked with Neocron's code Although the following holds for pretty much every larger project: it always sounds far easier than it really is. A fix for turrets is currently being developed. We promised that we won't just "fence them off" and it is about time to keep this promise

The following does not necessarily represent the opinion of the team as whole
    I personally do not like the "idea" of turrets instantly deploying and being deployable in stealth, but that still has to be discussed. In my opinion turrets should only be a measure to make the initial attack slower/harder, but the actual fight should not be influenced by them. This might even be better achieved by turret hardpoints, but not sure.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    I personally do not like the "idea" of turrets instantly deploying and being deployable in stealth, but that still has to be discussed. In my opinion turrets should only be a measure to make the initial attack slower/harder, but the actual fight should not be influenced by them. This might even be better achieved by turret hardpoints, but not sure.
    I agree.
    IMO there should be a "build-time" on turrets, and they should DEFINITELY not be deployable from stealth!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    I agree.
    IMO there should be a "build-time" on turrets, and they should DEFINITELY not be deployable from stealth!
    me thirteen

Minimum of 50 construction to place them. Op bonus is lost to all players if a layer is hacked. They take 60 seconds to deploy and that time will reset if the player takes damage. Process is cancelled essentially. This would be perfect. My opinion only of course.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I've always been intrigued by the missile pods on OPs (and the various bunkers). Could these be controlled by players?

They could either be a sort of immobile vehicle or perhaps fired from hacknet.

Turret hard points does seem a good idea though, so long as it takes time to place them.

The following only represents my opinion not necessarily the opinion of the team as a whole:
    I've always thought this would be quite nice. It would add more importance to the design of each outpost and would also be interesting to see how each type of turret would be used at these fixed locations. Plus it prevent the dumping of a pile of turrets in one location.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I really like the idea.

I posted an OP overhaul idea on the forums (link below) before. This would be a wonderful addition to that idea.

http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...the-most/page4