If a direct tax can be taken from each clanned runner during time of occupation of an op without the need of physically depositing money in to the bank account (even a minor %) then there wouldnt be an issue of people paying or not paying. Thats a big IF but i assume its doable in a way similar to the LE tax. Maybe it could be controlled by a city com option to set a levy or it could just be a hard limit.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

The REAL Walker

Because PvP'ers already make SO much money in NC....
    I'm aware that SOME PvP'ers also enjoy trading, but that is FAR from all.

No, PvP'ers should NOT be fucked over like this IMO!
    And what if you have several characters in one clan?

Besides, no clan would want any OP's besides Regants and Cycrow.. Would be pretty silly IMO..
    I want to fight at MORE ops, not less (I fucking hate fighting at Cycrow!!).
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

If gr changes took place people could and would go to more places in the world.

If the op owning tax was something small then it would be a step in the right direction. Outposts are a business st the end of the day. Businesses cost money.

A fee like 1-5k or so per person per server reset or something along those lines. Similar to dailies in other games.
    Last edited by William Antrim; 25-01-14 at 11:44.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If gr changes took place people could and would go to more places in the world.
    Maybe for a week.. After that, people would stop using the useless OP's..

Businesses have to make money though. Or they die..
    So again, the only OP's that would make sence to own is Regants and Cycrow.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Maybe for a week.. After that, people would stop using the useless OP's..

Businesses have to make money though. Or they die..
    So again, the only OP's that would make sence to own is Regants and Cycrow.
    They would be the most profitable ones yes as they are in the most used areas. However people will still want to take Outposts as they want their Bonuses (of course people only really want labs and factories).

Holding an Outpost should be something that requires effort to take and also maintain. If you want an OP you should also pay to maintain it. It stops clans taking over the entire map, as it will cost significant amounts of money to do so, making clans having to choose specific/strategic Outposts to take.
    It also hopefully opens up the possibly for small clans to take Outposts.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Netphreak View Post
    They would be the most profitable ones yes as they are in the most used areas. However people will still want to take Outposts as they want their Bonuses (of course people only really want labs and factories).

Holding an Outpost should be something that requires effort to take and also maintain. If you want an OP you should also pay to maintain it. It stops clans taking over the entire map, as it will cost significant amounts of money to do so, making clans having to choose specific/strategic Outposts to take.
    It also hopefully opens up the possibly for small clans to take Outposts.
    It would probably be a nice change, if the population were three times as big..
    I do NOT want clans that cannot defend/attack when defender have people online, to hold OP's, just because the PvP clans cant afford to keep it.
    I want OP's to be owned by PvP clans, and PvP clans only.

This has NOTHING to do with me wanting to owning as many clans as possible.
    It is only because I want as many OPfights as possible, and a change like this would hurt OPfighting a lot (except for Regants and Cycrow).
    Maybe in a game with 7-8 ACTIVE OPfighting clans...
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Chicken and the egg walker. Changes to the op scene in general which as stated is THE biggest draw of this game essentially with other pvp being a very close second might just have that chance of drawing in new/old players and increase the pops. I say might as i still feel the balancing of the game is reason number 1 to get people back but thats not relevant for this discussion at the mo.

As I think divide said a number would need to be worked out for the maintenance costs. I think that this should be scaled also given the relative benefits of the ops themselves or the percieved value. Yes regants fortress and cycrow would be the top 2 but tesla/deveraux/foster all are close and would be beneficial to own. Eastgate is out of the way but would be useful to someone to own as it is still a factory and there are firemobs around there not to mention the woc tunnels/doy tunnels/Doy in the areas up there.

Factories/Labs themselves when opened would be highly beneficial to everyone if everyone could get a bonus from it. There is no reason not to go out there and build all your stuff if your a trader and have the gen rep marked and this is at any level which would generate revenue from the two trips. I would propose a payment being made for each trip from or to the genrep also not just one way.

There arent really any "useless ops" except for the uplinks themselves. To solve this issue i would probably create some areas where there are more mechanical mobs around them. If you want to style this in a lore sense you can just say the uplink has security programs that bring them online to defend it or something of that nature. Northstar uplink used to be a classic once upon a time for warbot farming. one of my earliest memories of shooting warbots was getting laughed at by ph34r on uranus for pulling out a rocket launcher (as a private eye) and using that on them because i hadnt been able to get a decent rifle. (was probably the first ever HC pe but i dont have screenies to prove this :P)

Considering the pve aspect of the game also. Has it ever occurred to anyone that people are funnelled through the levelling treadmill to regants once they are of a reasonable level because its generally the most accessible if you ignore the ease of running it compared to the xp gain. Imagine if Regants was harder and all of a sudden the world is opened up for the explorers and hunters (cause apparently people dont just play this game for pvp) with more areas and zones to go off and farm things in. It would provide more choice and that is the most important thing any game can offer a player. Choice. Freedom to choose what they want to do.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Chicken and the egg walker. Changes to the op scene in general which as stated is THE biggest draw of this game essentially with other pvp being a very close second might just have that chance of drawing in new/old players and increase the pops. I say might as i still feel the balancing of the game is reason number 1 to get people back but thats not relevant for this discussion at the mo.

As I think divide said a number would need to be worked out for the maintenance costs. I think that this should be scaled also given the relative benefits of the ops themselves or the percieved value. Yes regants fortress and cycrow would be the top 2 but tesla/deveraux/foster all are close and would be beneficial to own. Eastgate is out of the way but would be useful to someone to own as it is still a factory and there are firemobs around there not to mention the woc tunnels/doy tunnels/Doy in the areas up there.

Factories/Labs themselves when opened would be highly beneficial to everyone if everyone could get a bonus from it. There is no reason not to go out there and build all your stuff if your a trader and have the gen rep marked and this is at any level which would generate revenue from the two trips. I would propose a payment being made for each trip from or to the genrep also not just one way.

There arent really any "useless ops" except for the uplinks themselves. To solve this issue i would probably create some areas where there are more mechanical mobs around them. If you want to style this in a lore sense you can just say the uplink has security programs that bring them online to defend it or something of that nature. Northstar uplink used to be a classic once upon a time for warbot farming. one of my earliest memories of shooting warbots was getting laughed at by ph34r on uranus for pulling out a rocket launcher (as a private eye) and using that on them because i hadnt been able to get a decent rifle. (was probably the first ever HC pe but i dont have screenies to prove this :P)

Considering the pve aspect of the game also. Has it ever occurred to anyone that people are funnelled through the levelling treadmill to regants once they are of a reasonable level because its generally the most accessible if you ignore the ease of running it compared to the xp gain. Imagine if Regants was harder and all of a sudden the world is opened up for the explorers and hunters (cause apparently people dont just play this game for pvp) with more areas and zones to go off and farm things in. It would provide more choice and that is the most important thing any game can offer a player. Choice. Freedom to choose what they want to do.
    I think what you've said addresses the points Dropout is making, also regarding the 'useless' Outposts which are basically the Uplinks, I think your idea could possibly be expanded on to make them trigger an event or something (but that's for another thread and I'll have to think it over first).
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

If this coincided with an overhaul of the outlay of higher level mobs in the wastes, such as mobs 76/76+ in OP zones (lots of OP zones have hardly anything worth hunting) as well as fixing other caves (Swamp Caves etc) this immediately makes all OP zones worth travelling to.

As Doc has already said, scale the cost of upkeep in relation to the popularity of the zone. Deduct from this cost how many people GR into that OP (so the price isn't fixed). If a clan then holds an outpost with excellent farming areas (say CRP), and polices it to attract more people (getting into RP territory here) I see no reason why they can't make a profit. Remember each faction (or corporation) has it's own commercial interest within each of their story lines.

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

I think this is a great idea and some good points raised, but I also agree with Walker that once I cap my chars and sort them out I like to do the occasional hunting with buddies but not farm cash.

I think that if a clan keeps GRs open (lock down automatically after layer 1) then there should be no tax on the clan's resources.

If however they want to lock them down then theres a "security charge" very similar to what Triv said or on the other hand they just receive nothing from shoppers/GR fees.

on another side note I never really thought regants fortress fitted in well as an OP - I always thought it should be more like a deserted castle (much like battle dome) but thats not really related

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12