Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Processor improvements

Hello everyone,

I have taken a few thoughts on how to improve the processor, so that the operation would be more intuitive, especially for new players. Here is a mock up of the new UI:

For explanations, another image with highlighted areas:

Green: These are the "input" slots, where you put the parts for crafting, source item for ressing, scrap for recycling and so on.
    Red: In this slot you put the tool for the operation.
    Yellow: This is the "recipe" slot. In this slot you put empty datacubes for ressing, blueprints for crafting or items for cloning. If you recycle / repair / implant items, you would leave this slot empty.
    Blue: These are the "output" slots.
    Orange: The progress indicator.

Why those changes?
    When i watch let's plays on youtube, almost every player put the tool in the big slot on the right. This is the intuitive way, every new player would use the processor. Only after some uses, players understand that this is the output slot. So better change this slot so it is actually the slot for the tool.
    Also i added more output slots to the processor. If you recycle items, you sometimes get more than one item. Often one item will be placed in the output slot and all the other items will be placed in the input slots and you have to manually move everything to your inventory. With more output slots, this won't be necessary.
    Last but not least: Constructing is really annoying at the moment if you build items in bulk. You have to manually move the blueprint to the input everytime you craft the next item. With the recipie slot, you put in all blueprints for the item you want to craft. Then you can simply hit start for each item, similar to researching.

Other thoughts? Would this improve the use of the processor for new players?

A miniwindow below with all components needed and marked green/red if something is missing?

Good thoughts i say.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    A miniwindow below with all components needed and marked green/red if something is missing?
    Maybe something like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Zixxl View Post
    Last but not least: Constructing is really annoying at the moment if you build items in bulk. You have to manually move the blueprint to the input everytime you craft the next item. With the recipie slot, you put in all blueprints for the item you want to craft. Then you can simply hit start for each item, similar to researching.
    The problem is macros.

Macroing in NC is not allowed. You don't have to move anything to the processor for research, but the window will randomly move about, preventing most macros from working. Adding this to other tradeskills is a possibility of course.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    The problem is macros.

Macroing in NC is not allowed. You don't have to move anything to the processor for research, but the window will randomly move about, preventing most macros from working. Adding this to other tradeskills is a possibility of course.
    That annoying thing it does, doesnt prevent anything tbh... All it does is piss off "legit" ressers..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    The problem is macros.

If they want to stick with the "cheat protection", they can add it to the other tradeskills. Most of the time you are waiting for the process to finish, so it is not a big problem to relocate the processor window. Although it is the wrong way to make crafting annyoing for the honest players in my oppinion.

A way to improve the cheat protection and make it less annoying for other players would be to merge the start and stop button to one single button (no active process: Start; Active Process: Stop). An autoclick macro would start / stop the process all the time.
    Last edited by Zixxl; 20-01-14 at 19:35.

I like the idea. What about getting poked? Maybe having a Pending Implant Slot on the F3 screen so the processor isn't even a part of it?

I thought that the new "log out when youre idle" measure stopped macroing.

In the meantime however I am completely all for this new design. I love it.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I thought that the new "log out when youre idle" measure stopped macroing.

In the meantime however I am completely all for this new design. I love it.
    You are not really idle when ressing though.. Not even if you arent there "in person".

As a sidenote: Im not in any way defending macro'ing or in any way approving of it (just incase some may think, that is what it sounds like).
    Im just saying that you cant stop it - sadly.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I watch movies and click the button when i do bps. I have been disconnected a few times, thought it was the same.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I watch movies and click the button when i do bps. I have been disconnected a few times, thought it was the same.
    I do the same.
    I have never been disconnected doing it. Well, maybe once. But that can happen doing anything
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Zixxl View Post
    Maybe something like this:

Yeah, pretty cool

Why prevent macros though?
    If you've taken the time to level a character to cap and then you want to be able to craft all kinds of goodies, the slot chance is so low and the grimace on people's faces when you ask for them to make you "50 Holy Rezz pls".

The only reason people do it is because it's boring and stupidly monotonous.
    I should note that I don't use macros, I'm too lazy for it.

If people want to take their time AFK for hours making TL150 blueprints and running TL150 research missions when they're active for some in-game money. Fine. That's their bag, and inevitably they'll be providing a service to other runners.

People who macro actually do this game a favour anyway, it makes the game seem more active than it truly is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Shadow View Post
    Why prevent macros though?
    *cringe*

Inb4 debate about ingame economy.
    Inb4 debate about morality.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast