former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    besides that the PE is plainly wonderful for "just playing the game"

Spies and tanks are both immeasurably better for "just playing the game" than a PE. The PE at this point is just fluff. Shields that do next to nothing and weapons that are sub-par don't pull ahead regardless of how you shade the argument.

i really think removing psi from the pe is a bad idea, simply because all you'd get is a sub-par tank or spy. i thought of a different approach for more possible diversity: why not push the lower-end psi-implants, to make the PE reach blessed shields and maybe even blessed heal, sacrificing all dex-headimplants ? that way, he could still use guns like the epic ones, and sacrifice damage for some serious boost resist-wise, could rez fallen crew-members, give out lesser heals if no ppu is available, but still fight back...
    --|current characters: ray leftfield | ash lipvig |--
    raindrops on roses | happy disney animals | this makes my parts hurt

former king of saturn

I dig that idea. I really wish hybrids were more explored in this game. One thought about it, though, is that this really solidifies their 'master of none' role in such a way that It would be likely that their value in large-scale PVP would be further diminished.

I don't specifically like the idea that PSI would be eliminated but, as has been explored here, the current implementation is not nearly as optimized as the class deserves.

On the subject of Armour - I like the idea of Duranit armour being reimplemented (however it would need to be adjusted for modern day weaponry - we did not have piercing resist back then).

I would like to see armour scaled according to TL also. So that Tanks have the best armour in strength but also I would like to see the Int-based armours give an equal amount of defence for the respective TL. Belts and PSI armour need to give spies and monks a fighting chance but not be as good a defence as strength armour is to PE and Tank players.

Back on topic.

My other idea for PE PSI (flipping it on its head essentially) would be to give the PE more PSI? I wouldnt want to lower the reqs on blessed spells because that would potentially give PPU-levelling players a huge gap between Blessed and Holy spells and could potentially cause problems down the line for PVE (too big a gap - too hard a dungeon etc etc) so what if the PE GAINED 5 or 10 PSI at a COST of another stat? This might open a can of worms and be a complete headache but it hasnt been brought up yet.

Or more simply as Divide already said in this thread - what about buffing up the shields. If the PE had access to TWO blessed shields or THREE instead of one (oh and remove that -Focussing bs on the MC5s please) would this make him more versatile on the battlefield.

Blessed heal is probably a bit TOO overpowering tbh as this would make the PE horrendously good 1v1 but inherently better shields is probably the best way to go.

The problem with it is however getting a defence % cap for the pe defences from shields. In NC1 a PE could get defence slightly lower than the average tank albeit with the casting issues he faced having to rebuff. This was good.

I would like to get back to that ideally.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    It would be likely that their value in large-scale PVP would be further diminished.
    I disagree.

Being a huge advocate of PEs, I'd say this for them: they're currently rather inflexible.

I've always firmly believed that PEs should be entirely implant and PA dependent on performing well at end game.
    I like the idea of them being able to implant towards better PSI spells if it limits their damage output.
    I doubt this should stop that same PE being useful in combat though, why not swing by the GoGuardian and change those imps around to make him a viable fighter too?

I would probably propose the following stat changes:

Int: 45
    Str: 75
    Con: 60
    Dex: 85
    Psi: 35

It keeps a PE viable for using higher level DEX and STR weapons if he so chooses.
    INT provides few benefits to a PE anyway, and I've always thought 60 to be a little on the extreme side, perhaps the Private Eye PAs need be revamped to provide minor bonuses to multiple subskills e.g. T-C, Wep Lore and P-C as an example.

Another completely different suggestion to the above would permit PEs to have 5-10 main skill points which could be spent where they please, and lommed away with the Synaptic Impairment mallus. Again, this creates further flexibility to the class. Of course their base skills would have to be reworked to total 290 instead of 300.

former king of saturn

My comment was really only meant to respond to DER_juju's previous statement. If a PE could cast blessed buffs, it would be problematic to give them any additional damage output- period. Even with implant switching (relating to juju's comments surrounding low-level PPU implants) , their role is unchanged unless your suggestion to buff everything at the expense of INT comes true. If both your suggestion and juju's were pushed forward, the resulting class would be pretty unpredictable, and most likely the new darling.

If int dropped to 45 then weapon lore needs to be hugely lowered too otherwise pe tradeskilling would be non existent. That would potentially damage the game as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    pe tradeskilling
    youre joking, arent you? from the ideas gathered in this and similar threads i'd prefer implants like (-10 INT + 8 DEX).

The REAL Walker

If int dropped to 45 then weapon lore needs to be hugely lowered too otherwise pe tradeskilling would be non existent. That would potentially damage the game as a whole.
    You're trolling now, arent you?

One very important thing to happen, IF PE mainstats were to be changed, is NOT to do it like it happend with tanks..
    For those who cant remember, tanks lost all overcapped XP in DEX and INT (since both of those skills got 5 more levels).
    I would be pretty sad if I lost all my overcapped XP on my PE's...
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Barter hack and implant are all tradeskills Torg. So no I am not joking.

The REAL Walker

Barter hack and implant are all tradeskills Torg. So no I am not joking.
    No sane COMBAT PE would do any of those things..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    what dropout says. but yes, its all viable on a PE. for playing along happily. not for endgame heroism. maybe... maybe we should leave the PE untouched, and just add a new class. i'll name it... the AGENT. deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Combat PEs don't spec any hack? Not a rhetorical question, I'm currently trying to woc a PE and am curious about this.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    Combat PEs don't spec any hack? Not a rhetorical question, I'm currently trying to woc a PE and am curious about this.
    They dont, no.
    A (PvP) PE needs every single point of WEP possible.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

What about doing it the other way around? Buff the PE by buffing low lvl PSI.. even give him the lowest rezz with only 1 brainimp sacrifice.. boost cast times.. make lower damageboosts do something.. make the blessed heal reachable and able to actually heal people better than a tool..
    Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim
    In NC1 a PE could get defence slightly lower than the average tank albeit with the casting issues he faced having to rebuff. This was good.

I would like to get back to that ideally.
    That would be my approach. And the Spy could use the buffed up spells too.. Far too weak without support.

Hacking on a PE? Can do, but not to a level where you can hack outposts. You can get a 2nd Int skill to 60 at most without seriously compromising your ability to aim at stuff.
    Last edited by slith; 09-01-14 at 05:51.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast