Thread: NeoFrag

Default NeoFrag

Hi there,

since I like the idea of NeoFrag I wonder if it wouldn't be nice to make it easier to access.
    One possibility could be a GR inside the NeoFrags and a savezone so you can hang out there and wait for others without spamming the channels too much. Terminals in P1 that warp you for a small fee with some NPC next to it advertising the NeoFrag (like AdventureWarp) would also be nice.

I'd take a look if there is something going more often and maybe people would idle less and join the rampage since its a more pleasing way to test things or just spend some minutes shooting.

So, what do you think about NeoFrag? Do you also want it to be used a lot more or is it just a waste of time and not "real and hardcore" enough?

The REAL Walker

The only thing about NF I like, is the fact that people dont bring a PPU..
    Other than that, it is a bugged-as-fuck place, and not nearly as exciting as real PvP.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Can you describe those bugs? Is it diffrent resists or weapon behavior?

NeoFrag isn't about replacing open world PvP. It's just for that little action when you don't have enough time left to set up an OP-fight or search for prey in the wastes. Or simply when you aren't into pvp that much but want to test it without too much frustration.
    Anyway this thread isn't about finding reasons to shut down NeoFrag it's about improving it!
    Last edited by Jack Slater; 17-12-13 at 09:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    The only thing about NF I like, is the fact that people dont bring a PPU..
    Other than that, it is a bugged-as-fuck place, and not nearly as exciting as real PvP.
    Please can you report any Neofrag bugs in the Bug Reports Forum - thanks.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Slater View Post
    Can you describe those bugs? Is it diffrent resists or weapon behavior?

NeoFrag isn't about replacing open world PvP. It's just for that little action when you don't have enough time left to set up an OP-fight or search for prey in the wastes. Or simply when you aren't into pvp that much but want to test it without too much frustration.
    Anyway this thread isn't about finding reasons to shut down NeoFrag it's about improving it!
    Different weapon/movement behavior.. Those bugged weapons, you know, Beam Weapons..? Actually works in NF, so bring a Creed tank, and no one is able to beat you.
    And you havent noticed how people go flying once in a while?

And those bugs (well, the flying one - the other one wasent a problem before a netcode update) have been here for AGES!
    If it is still like this, Im not sure tbh.. I havent been to NF for about 6months. Which is also why Im NOT going to make a bug report @ Bifrost.

I do not want NF deleted either btw.. It is a great place for testing setups, and practicing your aim.. I would never do anything half-serious in there though.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

NeoFrag would be great as standalone game. Fast paced matches with NC mechanics....ahhhhhh

The following only represents my opinion, not necessarily the opinion of the team as a whole

I would very much like to spend some time on improving the Neofrag. Having things like ladders, being able to host 1vs1, 2vs2 contests and so on would just be awesome. Also adding more gamemodes would be <3 but that will have to wait. *Goes back to fix the broken balancing on Sparta*
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    *Goes back to fix the broken balancing on Sparta*
    Thanks
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

former king of saturn

It would be nice if you could check on NF from any citycom so you could glance from anywhere to see if there is any action, instead of having to run to or through the city just to find out no one is inside.

Also, it would be great if players could switch out implants within NF as well. It really should be a completely viable staging/testing area for new setups. It's close now, but implants are a glaring deficiency.

It is true, though, that the lack of penalty for death in NF really diminishes the draw that PVP creates, at least for myself. No NF duel ends in hands shaking and heart pounding; every good fight outside of NF does.