Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    We're getting a little OT, but the idea that any action by the stealthee might break stealth on both sides is an interesting option to explore.
    Given that you can turn that bug into a feature ^^

Without causing further bugs...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

On the subject of the stealth bug we need more information and help.

For those who have experienced the stealth bug, please can you post any information in this thread in the bug reports forum.

Thanks
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

I think that this idea about action breaking stealth is a fucking brilliant one.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Fat Ugly Dirty Bastard

First of all:
    Yes, I'm an excessive stealth user.

My Main is a Trader spy in the making with currently a weird rifle/conster/researcher skill setting until cap and lomming.
    Therefore I have to rely on the Stealth Tolls to get around and dodgeing/escaping pvp, which in I'm a bloody noob.

Please don't break my toy :-)

I don't know if it could be a good/bad idea balancing-wise, but if yes please look for a different way to take stealth into account and don't change this feature.
    --/

pottburter
    aka
    Kulax, Engineer on Mars
    Tangent Mastercrafter
    Lobby #69
    ---
    „Ich kann gar nicht so viel fressen, wie ich kotzen mφchte.“
    (Max Liebermann, 1847-1935)

At what point do the proposed changes break your toy? I have 2 tradeskillers without le in and I walk around freely on both. Or use the gr to go to hq once in a blue moon and bulk buy supplies. I don't know how the changes will affect you tbh in any intrusive way.

tanks sind imba ;P

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    At what point do the proposed changes break your toy? I have 2 tradeskillers without le in and I walk around freely on both. Or use the gr to go to hq once in a blue moon and bulk buy supplies. I don't know how the changes will affect you tbh in any intrusive way.
    his life is so much more exciting then yours is..

Main problem with stealth tool bug is that, on your client, you are in stealth (and thus not able to use weapons etc) while everybody else (including mobs) can see you and shoot you.
    If some actions should cause you to drop from stealth, that would be ok, as long as you won't be in stealth in your client also (and could act accordingly).
    Unfortunately, i have no idea about circumstances which cause it - sometimes stealth tool just works, sometimes it doesn't.

for the love of my nerves, please follow the link Bifrost posted to add your (much appreciated) input on the stealth issue.
    everytime this thread ("development update?") shows up in the activity stream I get all excited for no reason
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    for the love of my nerves, please follow the link Bifrost posted to add your (much appreciated) input on the stealth issue.
    everytime this thread ("development update?") shows up in the activity stream I get all excited for no reason
    Is it there yet?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Invi View Post
    his life is so much more exciting then yours is..
    My dad is bigger than yours...

Xenios
    Web Development
    Neocron Support Team

»There are no problems, only solutions.«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    We're getting a little OT, but the idea that any action by the stealthee might break stealth on both sides is an interesting option to explore.
    I hate this idea, any "random" feature to do with pvp is a strict nono imo. crits/misses etc are not much worse then a stealth working sometimes and then not others. I want something that does what it says, and that's it. I want to rely on my skill and quick wit, not random chance!!!!!

There's plenty of ways to kill a stelther, AOE, x-bow, CS ... and ofc True Sight. There's a reason spys can stealth, it's cos they are weak as shit resist wise. I know I'd be super pissed if I'd skilfully stelthed out of harms way, only for it to break and get pwned by no fault of my own. That kinda random shit should be left to be perpetrated by the bugs, and then be fixed by the guys upstairs.
    Last edited by ancient; 09-01-14 at 05:18.
    > Caster : relax we are not here fir pvp
    >You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with Tangent Technologies. > You lost a little soullight.
    > we are
    > You lost a little sympathy with The Crahn Sect. > You lost a little sympathy with CityAdmin. > You lost a little soullight.
    > think yaself lucky boy

Didn't mean it like that.

I meant that stealth would remain until the stealthee performed an action aside from movement. So things like activating a medkit, stam booster, etc.
    No random element.

Please start a new Brainport topic if you'd like to discuss stealth ideas further. Any commentary on the Development Update or the mentioned stealth bug should be taken to the relevant threads linked above.

Cheers,
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12