Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default the low-mid PvE-gap

nurturing a new char in NC is pretty easy, at least if youve done this a few times. but it appears to me theres a gap in the postapocalyptic ladder of mobs to kill. about everyone would climb from insects/rats to dogs, mutants, agressors, cyclops (all in their various locations) and head out into the wastelands after that.

only to experience the harsh reality of Neocron: after leaving the city and/or military base, you'll meet mobs of a much higher combat rank, apart from raptors (who in turn love to group with bigger firemobs) there are no 60ish radiated monsters - at least not without being accompanied by bigger ones. this is a problem for most players without PPU support or long range weapons.

wouldnt you welcome a bigger type of cyclops for the launcher pits in the wastelands (beyond MB), more combative additional swamp dwellers or a more consistent mob population in the steppes? wouldnt that enhance the PvE experience a lot? whats your opinion on that, runners?
    Last edited by Torg; 08-12-13 at 18:54.

Approved. Some of the caves might be ripe for a revamp?
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

There' re enough places to go. If you want a no-brain grind go play WoW.

Feel obliged to share some intel
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRobot View Post
    There' re enough places to go.
    i know. but i started playing NC 11 years ago.

There' re enough places to go. If you want a no-brain grind go play WoW.

Short sighted moronic post. the PVE in this game is borked. Everyone knows that. Compare it how it was to how it is now and anyone who had the option of both can say yes it was better before the changes.

Torg has a point here. There is a huge gap. Its been discussed many times. The pve side of this game needs a rebalance in a sense. Caves to be opened up when mob damage is accurately set by rank or what ever.

Im guessing you are one of the first people who squeals "Regants" when a person asks where to level next on help.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

His suggestion won't fix Regants though.

you want me to... fix this game? be careful, young robot, be very careful of what you are asking for.
    regants? give all mobs a ranged attack, make it a genotoxic chaos cave from hell, just so it cant be soloed any more.
    more questions? i got answers plenty.
    but we still want to discuss the low-mid PvE-gap, dont we?

no i dont think it will but PVE as a whole is a project and a half. ALL of it needs to be reworked beyond level 20-30 when people finish with cyclopses and are looking for that next option. Which is the entire point of this thread.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?