Default New gogo size and sharing between the account

Not sure if this would be possible but to have one gogo between the 4 character would be trading alot more easy going.

tanks sind imba ;P

Quote Originally Posted by NAPPER View Post
    Not sure if this would be possible but to have one gogo between the 4 character would be trading alot more easy going.
    while i agree on a modern concept of personal item storage would be nice, i feel like this would undermine the concept of clanapps, or playing with other players. as a former mars-server player i even feel wierd about the concept of having more then one character. ;-) it makes you less dependant on the community!

a bigger size of gogus is somewhat into the same direction. if you have more space in your gogu you are less dependant on your appartment. it takes importance away from appartments. an aspect i personally like very much. i like walking threw pepperpark (my hood, yo!) and see other runners walking around, walking from HQ's back to their appartments to store their treasures. it just makes neocron a little less of a ghost town!

Quote Originally Posted by Invi View Post
    while i agree on a modern concept of personal item storage would be nice, i feel like this would undermine the concept of clanapps, or playing with other players. as a former mars-server player i even feel wierd about the concept of having more then one character. ;-) it makes you less dependant on the community!

a bigger size of gogus is somewhat into the same direction. if you have more space in your gogu you are less dependant on your appartment. it takes importance away from appartments. an aspect i personally like very much. i like walking threw pepperpark (my hood, yo!) and see other runners walking around, walking from HQ's back to their appartments to store their treasures. it just makes neocron a little less of a ghost town!
    Then maybe a home Appy that shares between your account then buying bigger ones and sharing them

While i would love to have some small lockers or hackboxes for sharing stuff between any chars (by setting and sharing a password) i also understand that within the ruleset of a game sharing should probably be left to clanapps and direct trading between chars. get a 2nd account, napper. oh. you already have one. so whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    While i would love to have some small lockers or hackboxes for sharing stuff between any chars (by setting and sharing a password) i also understand that within the ruleset of a game sharing should probably be left to clanapps and direct trading between chars. get a 2nd account, napper. oh. you already have one. so whats the problem?
    Just an idea to make things easier. no need to have a go for me having 2 accounts

it would certainly help against people opening a 2nd account in order to share stuff between their characters.
    But yes, it would take away the need to interact with the rest of the players and to me that is one of those things that makes NC different in a good and fun way.
    Making things easier is not always a good thing.

I'm not against an account shared box but if there is going to be one, keep it small and don't increase the Gogo's size.

To have It more interesting, It could be a whole building, sort of post apo post office. You deposit items to special npc, while other character have to go there and collect his package. Money could be send as attachment to mail, since there is no "real" money, only virtual account.

Quote Originally Posted by AlvaroT View Post
    To have It more interesting, It could be a whole building, sort of post apo post office. You deposit items to special npc, while other character have to go there and collect his package. Money could be send as attachment to mail, since there is no "real" money, only virtual account.
    This is a better idea ^^

Maybe a few 'post offices' could be placed (3 or 4 throughout the entire game world?). The sender should of course pay for it (based of package size and/or weight).

Adding a bit of corruption to the system where packages could get lost or an extra payment upon receiving needs to be payed would be fun (and in style)
    Last edited by DaxAra; 21-11-13 at 22:49. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by NAPPER View Post
    ,,, having 2 accounts
    transparency: i'm using 2 accs too, mainly for fooling around with different chars and setups. and for sharing between my chars. since using 2 accs for sharing between your own chars could be looked upon as some sort of... workaround we should keep discussing a real solution. postbox, whatever.

I think more people here have multiple accounts than single ones.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

However a secure item transfer system truly is needed in NC.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    However a secure item transfer system truly is needed in NC.
    I find the system we currently have fairly secure... Problem is when you want to trade with your alt... which you aren't supposed to have in the first place... or so.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

I find it to be old, clunky, awkward and generally time consuming. It is secure in that you can use a third party whom you trust but it is so outdated that the system needs a rework. It is probably something that new people will expect also, because other games do it.

The more simplistic and easy to use the interface is the more likely it will be that new players come to play and stay with the game for a period.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I find it to be old, clunky, awkward and generally time consuming. It is secure in that you can use a third party whom you trust but it is so outdated that the system needs a rework. It is probably something that new people will expect also, because other games do it.

The more simplistic and easy to use the interface is the more likely it will be that new players come to play and stay with the game for a period.
    Not sure how you would want to improve it. Beefing up the mail function? I mean.. you have a window where you drop the stuff for trade, you both check it out and if you agree you hit the OK button. Hows that bad? Its designed in a good way that way.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast