Default Double, triple and quadruple XP days

Thank you, devs, for the insane triple XP weekend. and please dont do it again - because evryone stops playing and starts grinding. And give us a half- or third-XP-weekend once in a while, so evryone would stop grinding exp and start pursuing other things. theres so much to do in Neocron, so much to explore and find out, so many weird places to go, so many different mobs to meet. have fun everybody, instead of getting bored.

did you guys survive the mainstreet sewer and unearth the secret of the aggie cellars thats buried deep within?
    did you visit all gaia mines?
    did you check the secret big Citymerc weapon stash?
    did you talk to the allbuyer smuggler in the very north of the radiated wastelands?
    did you check your email at the only public cityterm in the wastes?
    did you run the maze in the steppes?
    did you talk to elvis?
    did you actually loot a flame avalanche psi module?
    did you ever climb up all the way to the top of the Dome of York or the city of Neocron?

tell me!

It was just yesterday that i explored a place in OZ2 i never was before and i also went through the locked door with the red light behind it. The other day i took some time and went into the mining facility near Nemesis Lab.
    Its very disappointing when all you find is a Supply Box with Crap in it...
    Yes there may be some interessting places but very few are worth visiting twice.

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Slater View Post
    ....Yes there may be some interessting [sic] places but very few are worth visiting twice.
    This is Neocron, summed up nicely.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    give us a half- or third-XP-weekend once in a while, so evryone would stop grinding exp and start pursuing other things.
    So after an influx of old players trying out Neocron again due to nostalgia, Sparta, F2P, etc. and new players trying it for the first time your suggestion is to actually penalize them by having "Decreased XP Weekends" and such?

Glad you aren't the one making decisions around here...
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

Another new guy summed this up pretty well though.

"I'm levelling so fast I can't afford the new gear!"

Which I heard mentioned in Help chat and /signed by many other runners.

We are the CityMercs

#Triple XP Problems

People complain they can't level fast enough to endgame - PvP.
    Now they complain they level too fast and can't experience the content.

Any exploring you can do in this game, can be done at any level.

It's all down to player choice. You don't have to bumrush Regants or caves or undercity. Do what you want, when you want - don't force it on others.

I like +exp days, I want to reach cap as quickly as I can. Don't get me wrong, I don't speak for anyone but myself, but leveling a tradeskiller is annoying as hell at the moment. I shouldn't have to feel like its necessary to level my tradeskiller as a droner, then LoM out. But since I -do-, I want it to be as fast as possible.

So until tradeskill exp is normalized, and the leveling areas are spread out/varied/increased in number (as they are working on), double/triple exp days are very much welcome.

It's always a trade-off.

I agree that EXP days are fantastic.
    I think this because I can afford to Res/Cst and generally prepare all of the items for my new runners.

If I was brand new to the game, and levelled so quickly I couldn't generate the cash to purchase my gear before I exceeded my levelling areas, I'd probably feel a little robbed of the experience.

I thought about this the other day.
    Does anyone else think that the cost of weapons and implants from say TL 0-40 is quite high considering the speed at which you realistically reach those levels in Neocron?

An example: a Strengthen Heart 2 (TL39) is 22K, yet a TL40 nanite tool costs about 5K to build.
    Advanced Bones cost something like 15K per piece on average. (Pretty obscene for a middle-ground item, and to my knowledge, no monsters drop those implants)

So as a brand new Gentank who can reach about 40 Base Strength and Constitution in say 1-3days (given limited knowledge of the game and best levelling spots), if I want some optimal gear I'm looking at costs in excess of 200,000 NC for Implants, Weapon and Armour. I think that is just unrealistic.

Would like to hear other's opinions.

Obviously, these are brainport issues mainly.

Perhaps mobs need to return to dropping weapons and implants like they used to. Obviously not of tradeskill killing quality, but say good/better/cool of varying rarity. Make those advanced bones rare drops from clops' again.

Give people the option to use drops, or have them ressed/cst to better quality.

That may, at least, help with the gearing issue.

Further, if credit gain are that much of an issue, double or triple mission Credit rewards. At the moment, and ignoring tl150 missions, the only reason to do missions is for symp, sl, and early off-skill leveling, which is fine only if you need those three things specifically.
    Last edited by DarkPhoenix; 05-11-13 at 16:03.

We are the CityMercs

On a more serious note, regarding the money: I have seen almost no un-LEŽd players leveling. If you want to get robbed of your hard earned cash guys, its your choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel Moonez View Post
    On a more serious note, regarding the money: I have seen almost no un-LEŽd players leveling. If you want to get robbed of your hard earned cash guys, its your choice!
    That's probably related to a whole separate argument. OPvP vs gank vs. newb gank (read: pointless)

or

That people just don't even know, as the drawbacks are not described on the implant itself.

The cash mallus only begins to take effect from /30 up to the maximum at /60 though.

We're talking about characters who are Sub x/20 being unable to afford basic gear.

I took out my LE around /20.

Makes it more exciting and tense knowing you can get attacked at any time.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

I liked the xxx xp weekend. But unlike some runners i was lucky enough to meet some helpful people. So as a newbie with great gear. And by the time the weekend hit i was a good lvl and recycling was high. I was at launcher's at MB. Since i made my own medkits and ammo I racked up cash past 500k. And now i just upgraded my armor. I will say this, i wish there were more area's in the waste to lvl. It seems there's one good spot foe each lvl range. I did explore alot and died alot doing it. Finding a great lvl range unless your a vet.of the game seems really tough as most of the waste seem's empty. All and all it was a fun weekend.

When you're leveling, you just need the top gun you can use, what the point of getting all current armor?
    And it should be a problem by running aggies missions and killing launchers, people just dont know how to do.
    Pourquoi tant de haine?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast