Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Getting the word out.

What can we do to get the word out that this game is back online? I'm having so much fun playing and meeting so many really great people. I feel a need to share this. I've been telling people about it. I think we need to see players posting on game mmo sites about the game. Anything to help get the word out.

Without wanting to piss all over your parade currently the game is undergoing massive developmental changes. To that end it is probably best to wait for the Sparta changes to take effect in retail and actually be finished with the balancing project before marketing the game to new people.

I admire your enthusiasm and this subject has come up plenty of times with people pestering Brammers and Co to email out to the THN email address list and tell all the folks on there that NC is back.

However I think that it would be a much much better idea to wait and market a balanced, patched, working NC with all of the new stuff in the pipeline that they are changing (balanced melee tanks, APUs that can fight) and give people a "polished" product than the current one which is in huge upheaval.

I would rather wait a year and have the new people stay for months or years than invite them in now and have them stay a week or less.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I guess i just got exited to be playing again. Your probably right though.

The REAL Walker

Yeah, as William is saying, the game just isnt ready for "normal people"..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

By all means tell your mates about it but just not the general public I think is best for now.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    By all means tell your mates about it but just not the general public I think is best for now.
    If your mates are masochistic..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Not to be a bigger downer than a German bedtime story, but there's really nothing we can do.

Believe me, back when this was still NC1 and at its peak of activity I was very adamant on getting the word out and trying to attract new players. It's just at the time KK didn't have the budget or development team to really market and expand the game. Even at launch, we all knew it was always going to be a pretty niche game given its setting and premise.

At this point, we should just be happy the game is still online and completely F2P. It's a remarkable feat that an MMO lasts this long without the servers being taken down. Game came out back in 2002, it's 11 years old! It's extremely tough to attract brand new players because most can't get over how remarkably dated the game looks and the much steeper learning curve then anything seen today.
    Achievement Unlocked: Beta 4 Runner

I admire your enthusiasm and this subject has come up plenty of times with people pestering Brammers and Co to email out to the THN email address list and tell all the folks on there that NC is back.
    Keep pestering.

When the time is right, and when the NST agrees it's a good time I will email our THN email address list. I have to agree with most people here the time isn't quite right yet. When the Sparta balance changes make it to retail. I think that would be a good time to email everyone.

However besides the THN emailing everyone, the question still remains. How do we get the word out to get more players here?

That is still an important and valid question that I think Shaikura is trying to ask.

Perhaps a well written article on recent/coming changes be sent out to the various MMO super-sites - mmorpg.com (cesspool that it is), mmohut etc

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix View Post
    Perhaps a well written article on recent/coming changes be sent out to the various MMO super-sites - mmorpg.com (cesspool that it is), mmohut etc
    Easily done. There are enough people here who could honestly write a good review and then have a few others comment on it in similar supportive fashion.

this one is a very populated french mom site which it would be good to put on review on it

http://www.jeuxonline.info/mmorpg/
    Pourquoi tant de haine?

Easily done. There are enough people here who could honestly write a good review and then have a few others comment on it in similar supportive fashion.
    I say we get over to that cesspool of a site and other site's and start talking up the game. Some of those site's even let you vote on a game.

400 new players.
    Where should they level? The only replies to "where can i go?" is aggi cellars and mb. Sometimes there is a voice mentioning outzone.
    My knowledge and imagination seems to be somewhat... restricted.

It's tripple XP. Go to regants. It seems that this is the only place the players can think about at the moment.
    I'm not complaining, just stating that I can't think of a way to get new players with such limited possibilitiers to get their chars up.

people's advice seems to limit it, but srsly: there's a huge bunch of levelling areas out there apart from oz4 - aggi cellar - regants. some of those spots include the swamps in f05-f03, the small house in j02, the core-walkways in TH, the mainsewers in NC... nc is a game where you go out and explore. that's 80% of the fun of levelling. problem is to get that message across to new players...
    --|current characters: ray leftfield | ash lipvig |--
    raindrops on roses | happy disney animals | this makes my parts hurt

PVE needs a rework just as much as PVP in this game. The "tactic" of staying far out of a mobs range to kill it or hiding behind as much cover as possible is just not what it should be like.

Gone are the days of using a near capped private eye to fight 3 warbots simultaneously and win only to be worried about whether you can hack them all in time. Gone are the days of taking a ray of god on a rifle spy and raping the swamp shaman. Gone are the days of piling in to the chaos caves and picking up a random team that was packed to the rafters with players and mobs alike and actually having fun clearing it and not just getting to the back and finding some scrub has logged in and out and back cleared it.

PvP is neocrons bread and butter. Its its selling point. This needs fixing first (as sparta is doing) but PvE must not be forgotten as a means to getting people in to the game and getting them hooked.

Its a bad analogy but PvP is the crack. PvE is the lighter and the spoon.

Fix that (A toning down of mob damage would be a great start to open up more viable levelling spots before more serious balancing can begin in terms of pve) and then look to bring in new players.

Otherwise your stuck in an eternal cycle of idiots who tell new players to go to oz/mb/regants4ever and lose out on a whole lot of what makes neocron so great.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast