Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    To summarize the points of this thread:

1.) Most people do not want the Freeze / Para weapon effect back because it did not work out well

2.) There is already an effect in the game to slow people down and that's shooting the feet

3.) The slowing effect of shooting the feet should be lower so that it is not a requirement in PvP

Regards
    +1. youre right. and the initial question was how to put the obsolete fridges to good use.

and, uhm. william. could you stop trying to appear morally superior. thats just trolling. not funny.

I don't think that the removal of para effect was a good idea.

And many people too, because it's impossible to say that breaking legs is a good tricks for skilled player and para was the worthest thing in NC. Because breaking legs is a para for every dps classes. When I say for dps classes I should say for ionic pistol and devourer...
    What we could say is that para never left neocron, it only change classes.

That's why I propose to able para on classes that need some utility in PVP like mele or PE.

Thinking that because you are able to aim legs of other players make you a better or a more skilled player is stupid, in every FPS people aim heads that are really smaller than the hit box in NC...
    Aiming legs in NC is really ease and don't require skill (the different hit boxes are too big for that). You see guy's I have skills I can shoot an elephant in a coridor yeah.....

The real important thing is that para have to be nerf in someway like imunity for a period of time after being para or a deacreasing effect so that player won't be spamed of para.

There's something appear to me when reading post, many people seem to think that balancing damages and resist will be enought to balance the game and bring all classes in OP's, PVPPPER and PVE. I don't think so, if you don't give real interest to classes PPU, spy and tank will stay the best classes and only played.
    People play PPU not because they have a good dps, just because PPU have skills they are alone to get, when a classe is the only one that can do something usefull in PVP this classe is played even if it's less powerfull than other's. Juste because you can do something other can't.
    That's what I call the interest of a classe, and in my opinion balancing interest of classes is as important as balancing DMG/ resists.
    Last edited by Khorwin; 08-11-13 at 14:38.

I would argue it takes more skill to kill someone without any kind of slowing down effect being placed on that person but apparently I am being morally superior.

No I am being opinionated and I am detaching myself as far as possible from taking anything personally because I feel that my comments are for the good of the game, not the good of the individual.

Times are changing and people change with them. Games change too. This one needs a massive update and some of these features do need to be removed. Everyone here knows that the parashock is one of the most debated game changing features that caused people to rage in the past.

We can all agree on that much at the very least. However having it replaced with something that is essentially the same thing (leg shooting) is just stupid and short sighted IN MY OPINION.

Real skills for me come in maintaining my aiming lock on a target moving at full speed returning fire. Not someone I have run up to and shot in the back of the legs while he is out levelling.

I dont think I need to clarify my point any further so I would like to thank you all for reading another epic post.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

cap runspeed. remove slows/snares/stuns etc (did i really just write that) and make the game like it should be. Down to who has the best con set up and the best aim. Then this "uberskills" bs argument is made invalid. ( just one final thought. if you fought people who couldn't kill you with broken legs as it is currently it makes them shit, not you good. thats another way of looking at it.)

Back to the main topic. "freezer"weapons could alternatively be retained as is in terms of ability but restricted to PVE only. This idea was forgotten by many in their quest to win this forum battle that the thread devolved in to.

And yes i am now being morally superior.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Make them do double damage on Regants mobs and watch the prices soar.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

why not just make them a damaging weapon like all the others? set it up like the Xbow - base damage xray/enr then add mods to it

Because players now have a phobia of the weapon models themselves even if they are just damage dealing regular weapons without any para/stun effect.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345