Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    I think hit boxes should be hit boxes regardless of where you hit. None of this leg shooting bs. Just shoot and hit and damage. simple.
    What you write is BS.

This is what divides an ordinary player from a good player.

I agree that the slow effect is maybe too strong.. But you take a risk when trying to shoot the enemies legs. First of all, you do less damage. Secondly he maybe tries to shoot your head because his aim is confident enough to fight back and will kill you first.
    And even if your legs are broken you can still fight back. This is one of the greatest skills a todays PvPer has to gain. Being able to still aim and hit even if your legs are broken to maintain constant pressure on the enemy.

I killed 3 spies yesterday with broken legs and extremely low HP because they already thought that I will go down. This is what makes Neocron different and BETTER than other games.

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    What you write is BS.

I agree that the slow effect is maybe too strong.. But you take a risk when trying to shoot the enemies legs. First of all, you do less damage. Secondly he maybe tries to shoot your head because his aim is confident enough to fight back and will kill you first.
    And even if your legs are broken you can still fight back. This is one of the greatest skills a todays PvPer has to gain. Being able to still aim and hit even if your legs are broken to maintain constant pressure on the enemy.

I killed 3 spies yesterday with broken legs and extremely low HP because they already thought that I will go down. This is what makes Neocron different and BETTER than other games.

Cool story bro.

What I wrote is my opinion. I dont need yours rammed down my throat. If you disagree fine, thats your opinion. This game was just fine before we had locational hit boxes. It is hardly a game breaker. I have played plenty of shooters with locational hitboxes on the head and some without. It never really bothered me that the feature was there or not. I dont need a forum commando telling me how great a player he is to prove his point. It doesnt prove anything.

Citing anecdotal evidence which coincidentally always starts with "I killed...." doesnt confirm or deny the statement any further either. The whole post is purely objective opinion.

I am glad you killed those 3 spies. Thats awesome. I am pleased for you. I do not see how it contributes to the discussion however sorry.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

former king of saturn

Hasn't locational damage always been present? I recall using the 'blow out the legs' tactic all throughout NC1.

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    What you write is BS.

something to remember

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

What is it about freezer weaps that causes so much unrest? Yeah, that's a rhetorical question.

Please try not to lose your cool.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

In Nc one there was none of this leg breaking bullshit. this coupled with fall damage were and still are two of my pet hates about the game. skill is movement skill. Locational advantage. Positioning. Set up through con also. Aim too. Not who can break someones legs and make them crawl and then gank them.

Never been a fan of the leg breaking which is why I never do it. I'm glad it's a valid tactic for skilled players but i'm willing to bet a penny to a pound of shit more people would not miss it than those that would.

At the end of the day if this game is to survive it has to be accessible to new players as much as veterans and one facet of that is getting people in to pvp a lot more. Getting your legs shot out in your first fight isn't really gonna inspire anyone to go back and have another crack. If I was new I would think oh great what a shit mechanic and go play battlefield.

NC2 were u fight bugs from NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    In Nc one there was none of this leg breaking bullshit. this coupled with fall damage were and still are two of my pet hates about the game. skill is movement skill. Locational advantage. Positioning. Set up through con also. Aim too. Not who can break someones legs and make them crawl and then gank them.

Never been a fan of the leg breaking which is why I never do it. I'm glad it's a valid tactic for skilled players but i'm willing to bet a penny to a pound of shit more people would not miss it than those that would.

At the end of the day if this game is to survive it has to be accessible to new players as much as veterans and one facet of that is getting people in to pvp a lot more. Getting your legs shot out in your first fight isn't really gonna inspire anyone to go back and have another crack. If I was new I would think oh great what a shit mechanic and go play battlefield.
    I agree with this ^.

The breaking peoples legs tactic is as lame in this game as freezer/para spam was before it. The game is not at all fun when you are glued (or might as well be) to the spot. All the best fights I remember from NC1 were the ones without para spam.
    TERRA:
    Master Netphreak : Rifle PE 70/65** | Netphreak : Rifle Spy 79/65**
    Jedi Master Net : Gimped Blessed Hybird Monk 62/55**
    Kid Net : Pistol PE 63/65** | Chuck Rock : 56/58* H-C tank
    Dark Eagle : 73/56** CST Pistol Spy

Eloquently put. It's the removal of player control which is so annoying. Just like crowd control in wow. Anything which does this to some is team work. To others it is an annoyance. Simple. Opposing views of the same issue.

Eloquently put. It's the removal of player control which is so annoying. Just like crowd control in wow. Anything which does this to some is team work. To others it is an annoyance. Simple. Opposing views of the same issue.
    Freeze and broken legs in neocron are the same as cc in wow?

Quote Originally Posted by hazzard View Post
    Freeze and broken legs in neocron are the same as cc in wow?
    In the terms of how frustrating and annoying it is yes. And I would agree. Anything that takes away control of your player from you is annoying to say the least.

You can try and deny it but we would only laugh if you did.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Cool story bro.

What I wrote is my opinion. I dont need yours rammed down my throat. If you disagree fine, thats your opinion. This game was just fine before we had locational hit boxes. It is hardly a game breaker. I have played plenty of shooters with locational hitboxes on the head and some without. It never really bothered me that the feature was there or not. I dont need a forum commando telling me how great a player he is to prove his point. It doesnt prove anything.

Citing anecdotal evidence which coincidentally always starts with "I killed...." doesnt confirm or deny the statement any further either. The whole post is purely objective opinion.

I am glad you killed those 3 spies. Thats awesome. I am pleased for you. I do not see how it contributes to the discussion however sorry.
    I am just all against making the game less complex. That is it. In some of your posts you don't even think about people maybe liking a feature. Instead you call that feature BS.
    That has nothing to do with expressing your personal opinion. If I call dogs BS and you own a dog wouldn't you NOT like it ?

The intention behind the example I gave was simply to express how this feature can make fights BETTER. That's it. It had nothing to do with showing you how awesome I am. In your general example you are plain dead with broken legs. Maybe you don't know that there are possibilities to survive nevertheless?

And I stated already that it would be ok to weaken the effect of broken feet and you didn't write one single sentence about that. Instead you try to paint a picture of me who is trying to state being an uber 1337 PvPer and who is not able to discuss properly.
    Apart from that:

You are writing your opinions in every single PvP related discussion William. And yet I have never seen you in a fight? Not even in Pepper Park? Not in OP-Fights?
    You are all for deleting a complete feature out of Neocron which makes the game more complex and for some and maybe most people more fun.

The REAL Walker

One thing about broken legs.. The speed hit on broken legs is way too harsh..
    It should be a small speed hit, not a massive hit like it currently is IMO.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

former king of saturn

imo, it's time to bring back hybrids. amirite niddy?

Default Summarization

To summarize the points of this thread:

1.) Most people do not want the Freeze / Para weapon effect back because it did not work out well

2.) There is already an effect in the game to slow people down and that's shooting the feet

3.) The slowing effect of shooting the feet should be lower so that it is not a requirement in PvP

Regards

My posts express my opinion, irrespective of whether that opinion is popular or liked by anyone else. Some of that won't be popular. I'm cool with that but if I feel it is to the benefit of the game then I will say it. Some people will agree. Some will disagree. That's the spirit of good discussion. Attacking the idea is fine. Attacking the person is not. As for seeing me at op fights sorry about that. I didn't realise I had to see you at fights to quantify my opinion. I have played this game on and off for many years. I believe that in that time I have experienced enough to comment on mechanics in the game and I am happy to do that.

If you don't like it I am sorry but honestly I really don't care.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast