Default How to explain existence of PSI?

Last time when I was playing NC my friend visited me. She was quite intrigued about the game and world so I think we will gain one more player soon But it's not point of this thread. When I was droning in aggie cellars we met acolyte mob that naturally dropped a firebolt on my drone.
    Then the discussion started - how to explain existence of such 'magic' if the neocron world is earth but many years in the future? We went through parapsychology (pyrokinesis, cryokinesis etc.) but its was not very good explanation. If its just power of the mind and such powers could be found in everyone, why use glove implant then? It would be more logical if brain implant would cause possibility of using the thermal control.

We found some logical explanation after some brainstorming - glove is a tool to produce a cloud of nanobots that can be launched in the air, causing some effects. Set of nanobots is changed by replacing core module (a spell). To not increase the weight of glove, nanobots are powered by electricity produced by human brain.

-fire: nanites emit laser light that concentrated onto object raise its temperature till self-ignite.
    -poison: bots collect pollution from air and concentrated launch it at target.
    -energy: bots just discharge self to launch energy bolt onto target

shields (deflector, absorber, etc): bots emit energyfield same way as energyfield belts.
    buffs: bots stimulates implants of the target to achieve additional benefits. Since limited power of bots, effect is limited.

http://www.techhaven.org/neocron-official-history.html see at 2523 date.

The glove is only a way to up the psychic power and permit to all to use psy . you take energy in the psi pool , you use some of your psy and physical power for this and concentrate in the glove.

I found your explaination interessing but nanobot is nanite tool, maybe you concentrate some element in the air for some spell.
    Pour vivre heureux vivons perché !!

The Official Neocron History (as linked above) does a great job of explaining how PSI exists, this will of course receive a new official home once we launch our new website at www.neocron-game.com.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

The existence of psychokinesis has always fascinated humans, scientific evidence at least shows observation does affect matter at the quantum level, it could make sense then, that humans might discover the mechanism in our brains or minds, which causes this manipulation. If we discovered this in the future, we would probably find a way to amplify it using something like a glove

something like that.

English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LiL T View Post
    scientific evidence at least shows observation does affect matter at the quantum level
    Only because the act of observing a quantum state means measuring, which means you have to interact with it causing a change. E.g. to look at a particle you need to detect photons bounced off it which means the particle has to have been hit and therefore changed by the photon. There's nothing magical about the observer effect.

Er, I mean, it's radiation and mutation innit!
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    Only because the act of observing a quantum state means measuring, which means you have to interact with it causing a change. E.g. to look at a particle you need to detect photons bounced off it which means the particle has to have been hit and therefore changed by the photon. There's nothing magical about the observer effect.

Er, I mean, it's radiation and mutation innit!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iuv6hY6zsd0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snSIRJ2brEk

Are they particles or a wave, or both?

Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

Well the strange thing is, (to me at least) in that MIT video of light photons being captured on video, is that the only reason we can see them is because they are bouncing off other particles in the air, or so they say. Yet they appear to move in a straight line, would this mean that, if they could shorten the time the laser is on, the light would dissipate before ever reaching the camera? If so, where does this light actually go? Does it become another form of energy?

If we assume that everything is energy, then what is energy? How are we able to dream when we sleep, where does the light in our dreams come from, how do we know that this waking life isn't just like a dream?

You know what is funny, people actually leave me the fuck alone these days, if you go back 10 years i'd be laughed at...

Now listen, there are infinite states of conciousness, the forum is about a game, that is all it is about but we offer you a hole, a portal..

I'm from far away.

My mission is to unite humanity

we are much more proficient than your ************ fourm mods, we are humanity and we are reaching out to you to join us because we will win, nid back off, we don't fucking care...

Our country is in dryer straits, something has to be done, its not a case of forum moderation, it has already gotten so fucking bad....

i'm ex military btw, i will do as i see fit, i will kill anyone that makes our lives hell, i don't want too but that is my job

its gonna be a tough one, but basically what i was told is the enemy is the government 100%, no joke, i don't fucking joke about this, the enemy of all the people in the west is us.

nothing to say about 9/11

ignore that and just looked at what is happening now

forum mods if you block this we know who you are, yeah there will be massive exposures, don't play the game because you will lose, we will know exactly who you are, just try us...

just do not play, please. thank you.

if you do, proceed with caution.

/end
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 06-11-13 at 11:50. Reason: There's an edit post button. For the love of Crahn use it. You get 30 minutes to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabal View Post
    Interesting, I didn't know the game had so much lore to it. Can all of that be found in-game? I didn't think the game was so texty, even with all the faction quests and such.

Quote Originally Posted by LiL T View Post
    You know what is funny, people actually leave me the fuck alone these days, if you go back 10 years i'd be laughed at...
    Happy Halloween? I laughed.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»Thanks for stopping by«

What happened up there?

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 06-11-13 at 11:23.

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 06-11-13 at 11:23.

Red face

[ edited ]
    Last edited by Nidhogg; 06-11-13 at 11:24.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast