Quote Originally Posted by Massaker View Post

The conclusion of this test is that there is a point in the curve where the line drop down. Maybe it is a problem with the skill. To get a weapon with a smaller techlevel capp is easier as a weapon with a higher techlevel. This could be the reason why the non rare weapons do more damage as the rare weapons.

Massi
    Where are the damage logs to back up your conclusions?

The numbers you see in those Info screens mean nothing. There is no damage cap. How much damage do these weapons do per shot to a Capped Tank, wearing no armor, with 0 in all resists.
    That will give you much more meaningful data.
    Last edited by Cursed Shadow; 17-10-13 at 10:54.

I shot on a tank with no resists and no armor and it was the same result. the non rares of a tank and apu do more damage than the rares... I can retry the test but alone its very boring and takes to much time. If you want to help with the tests write me a pm or direct me

Thank you, was just trying to get more facts :P

Seems like, as Bragi described, there are still lingering issues then.

If you've tested this and these are the results, then there must be some issues.

Out of interest, is the APU damage good? haven't tested that personally.

i have tested some pistol on mutant cyclops at the MB.

spy : PC:180 , TC:133 , WEP:125

tl 75 , tangent epic pistol : good pistol in all the way , with is double beam i found it very powerfull ( 1 clip +1shoot for taking down a cyclop)
    tl 105 ,beam of hell : well after the tangent epic and is double beam the beam of hell seem not so powerfull ( 13 shoot for taking down a cyclop ). maybe the beam of hell need the same mod of fire than the tt epic and less damage or a light boost to dammage.

tl 92 , pulse laser : good weapon , less than a clip per cyclop
    tl 103 , slasher : i see the difference with the tl 92 , more dammage , less ammo used per cyclop ( mostly one or 2 shoot less)

for the info in the stat panel , all the guns made more dammage then the TL up , less freq /aiming/ dammage percent .

one things intrigue me: the range:
    then the tl up the range grow , always ( like 336 meter for the tl92 and 366meter for the tl 103 ).

i hope this info be usefull , give some return if you want more test on high tech pistol.
    Pour vivre heureux vivons perché !!

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

I think the TT epic definitely needs to come under scrutiny. Even on the retail server the TT cannon can outdamage a creed (tested by opening fire on a mob and the same time and seeing who gets the loot). Maybe the 2 shots makes it more powerful? Maybe add 2 shots to other beam weapons?

An other example are the plasma pistols and rifles.

Anyplasma rifle or plasma pistol has a burst of 2 shots and one burst of the plasma cannon has 4 shots. A tank has a little bit more stamina than a spy and can handle the stamina consumption more efficient than a spy. A spy must use a stamina booster after one clip and a tank can shot 2 clip without a stamina booster. I think it would be nice to modify the burst of rifles and pistols to a 3 shot or 4 shot burst to make the plasma rifles and pistols more viable.

What do you think?

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

^ Agree. First love is practically useless.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    ^ Agree. First love is practically useless.
    Not to mention the damage benefit gained from 4-shot bursts in a fast-paced fight where you may only have reticle lock for a fraction of a second. The two-shot burst is a major detriment to that scenario, and as mentioned above is a significant stamina drain on a class with the lowest attainable stamina pool in the game. My First Love (which is appropriately named) in NC1 had a burst of 4 plasma globs. Since my first experience with the FL in 2.2, I have missed that mechanic. The damage output has been reduced per hit, and the number of hits per burst have gone down. Double-whammy to what was viewed as a balanced weapon throughout NC1.

==================================

Deployment #2.1 has been released! Please tell us whether this fixes the problem of low TL weapons outdamaging higher TL ones.

==================================
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Jabal View Post
    i have tested some pistol on mutant cyclops at the MB.

spy : PC:180 , TC:133 , WEP:125

tl 75 , tangent epic pistol : good pistol in all the way , with is double beam i found it very powerfull ( 1 clip +1shoot for taking down a cyclop)
    tl 105 ,beam of hell : well after the tangent epic and is double beam the beam of hell seem not so powerfull ( 13 shoot for taking down a cyclop ). maybe the beam of hell need the same mod of fire than the tt epic and less damage or a light boost to dammage.

tl 92 , pulse laser : good weapon , less than a clip per cyclop
    tl 103 , slasher : i see the difference with the tl 92 , more dammage , less ammo used per cyclop ( mostly one or 2 shoot less)

for the info in the stat panel , all the guns made more dammage then the TL up , less freq /aiming/ dammage percent .

one things intrigue me: the range:
    then the tl up the range grow , always ( like 336 meter for the tl92 and 366meter for the tl 103 ).

i hope this info be usefull , give some return if you want more test on high tech pistol.
    Hi Jabal,

Thank you for your input. Can you do the same tests again after the latest deployment (#2.1) update? You could also test this further in Jeriko Fortress at the Shooting Range. :-)
    Haliax
    Neocron Labs

»We have swords? We definitely need Bows and Arrows then!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

i go for making some more test ( with dammage per hit on the dummies ect ) but JERIKO FORTRESS IS GR CLOSED .....thanks guy to close gr in a test serer.

i think i made an extend test with each type of pistol at 3 different tl ( rare , the better tl and the second ) and post it here saturday or sunday.

EDIT :
    comming to jeriko and testing some gun , after that 2 smart pvper coming and kill me and one another player "it's a pvp test here" ...

well , if it's going that way all the time i think he take a week for testing all the pistol ...
    Last edited by Jabal; 18-10-13 at 16:23.

i go for making some more test ( with dammage per hit on the dummies ect ) but JERIKO FORTRESS IS GR CLOSED .....thanks guy to close gr in a test serer.
    You do not have to travel via Genrep to Jeriko.
    There is a warpterminal in the Neocronstruct to Jeriko Fortress (use the warpterminal in Plaza 1 to Neocronstruct first)
    Baldur
    Management - Content Development
    Neocron Support Team

»Ut sementem feceris, ita metes«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

someone give me the tips on sparta , one more time

the problem is if the others player only think about killing ... it's mostly impossible to test .

Opps - guilty as charged! Sorry forgot to open the GR after taking Jeriko on Sparta. Will open it when I can get home later (Or if any other Phoenix members are reading this and can get onto Sparta open it please!)

Or use the warpterminal as Baldur sugguests.

solution found with one another player !

I made an LE player and use them for the testing.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast