Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    KISS.
    i warn you, my beard will scratch your aussie-sunburnt face...

Record individual damage numbers scored with what ever weapons. Include raw resist numbers for defender and attackers subskill attributes.

Raw data is better than trying to create your own templates which may or may not work well. Thats what i would do.
    thus the damagelogs...
    --|current characters: ray leftfield | ash lipvig |--
    raindrops on roses | happy disney animals | this makes my parts hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    KISS.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.
    Nice to see someone applying some lean principles to the project
    Titan: Da Saints (APU) / Da-Saints (RC Spy)

former king of saturn

Can we get some Black Belts up in here?

Brawl if youre testing by yourself then stick with single shot weapons on 2 clients (less discrepancy for mistakes).

If you want to test rapid fire weapons then ANSWER your PHONE!!! I am available next week during the day if we still gonna do that.

In terms of recording results I have literally put together 2 lists of stats.

One for the attacker (PC/RC WPL TC) one for the defender (RESISTS).

Then I have put down the weapon and total damage done (RED NUMBERS coming off the target)

I cant be arsed with working out graphs and all of that. I am not that way inclined. It makes face 'urt. I would rather provide the raw data and butt loads of it and let someone else (more qualified) work out what it means.

One question? Does TC affect damage any more? I hope not!

Second question? Do you have a log of who has tested what? I mean I can already see a lot of reports coming in from different people testing but do you have a roster or something and are you short of anything specifically? Like if lots of people are testing pistols perhaps I should do cannons etc?

Cheers.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

P.s all the talk in DEV #1 is guns - are we testing melee and those thin-looking gangly kids yet? The ginger step children that you guys probably call APU Monks?
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    If you want to test rapid fire weapons then ANSWER your PHONE!!! I am available next week during the day if we still gonna do that.
    I can join you daytime next week. Send me a text message or something mate; still on the same number.

Except Thursday, as I'm moving house

Any chance of getting the reverse LOM vendors stocked up?

I want to switch back to pistol on my main to test that extensively, but the LOMs have crippled my DEX.

hop into the ceres-temple, take the mission from the tank in the camo-pa, and you're good...
    --|current characters: ray leftfield | ash lipvig |--
    raindrops on roses | happy disney animals | this makes my parts hurt

Loki, click the altar in neoconstruct for a free warp to the ceres temple and talk to "SUPER HARD MISSION GUY".
    Kill the rat (6/6) he spawns --> BING
    Baldur
    Management - Content Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Ut sementem feceris, ita metes«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

P.s all the talk in DEV #1 is guns - are we testing melee and those thin-looking gangly kids yet? The ginger step children that you guys probably call APU Monks?
    All non-DoT direct damage weapons except drones.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

this, considering the APU is the most broken class right now.

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

No damage numbers from me yet, but one feedback:

With the current deployment of the balancing, the newbie experience is really nice. I don't know if a XP boost is in play, but the time to reach the first two levels is good (TG char).
    But especially the damage you do makes you feel like you have quite an impact, and also you really TAKE damage. Not enough to be very dangerous, but enough to get used to it and not ignore it.

Got a question too:

At the moment there are Ammo Mods (High Frequency Raygun, High Voltage Laser, ...?) that get useless if the current system is used, since they added energy damage in the old system, and so are now no different than standard ammunition. I guess they would be changed if you decide to stay with your current plan for Ammo Mods? (Falling in the category of completly different Ammo Mods you need to complete this change like you stated?)
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Can we get some Black Belts up in here?
    OMG It's DIVIDE!!!1111

^_^

So... still playing that WoW thing? =p
    I'm back. Fear The Red Douche.
    I R MINIC! HEAR ME ROAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Ex Machina View Post
    At the moment there are Ammo Mods (High Frequency Raygun, High Voltage Laser, ...?) that get useless if the current system is used, since they added energy damage in the old system, and so are now no different than standard ammunition. I guess they would be changed if you decide to stay with your current plan for Ammo Mods? (Falling in the category of completly different Ammo Mods you need to complete this change like you stated?)
    To give the different energy weapons some distinction other than looking different, the base damage was altered slightly.
    Laser weapons do energy (75%) and fire (25%) damage as standard, as they burnt he target, high voltage does pure energy.
    Raygun weapons do energy (75%) and xray (25%) damage as standard, as they are particle beams, high frequency does pure energy.
    Fusion weapons do energy (60%) and force (40%) damage as standard, as they explode on impact, alpha does energy (80%) and force (20%).
    Plasma weapons do pure energy as standard.

Check the ammo pack info to see what damage they do and the proportions.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    To give the different energy weapons some distinction other than looking different, the base damage was altered slightly.
    Laser weapons do energy (75%) and fire (25%) damage as standard, as they burnt he target, high voltage does pure energy.
    Raygun weapons do energy (75%) and xray (25%) damage as standard, as they are particle beams, high frequency does pure energy.
    Fusion weapons do energy (60%) and force (40%) damage as standard, as they explode on impact, alpha does energy (80%) and force (20%).
    Plasma weapons do pure energy as standard.

Check the ammo pack info to see what damage they do and the proportions.
    Huh, I saw it with the fusion weapons (nad liked it), but not with Laser and Raygun... Must have overseen it.

There is a bug with the Raygun Cannon Quantum Ammo - It has the same percentages (at least in the description) as the standard Raygun Cannon Ammo (25% Xray, 75% Energy). It should be 75% Xray and 25% Energy like with the other Raygun Quantum Ammos (Pistol and Rifle)
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast