Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Deployment #1 - Discussion

Runners,

To generally discuss the changes made in Deployment#1, please use this thread.
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

former king of saturn

I can't freaking wait to test this. Really intrigued by the TL curve and ammo mod damage changes. As someone who prefers to PVP on a spy over other classes, and someone who is still getting to know the resist system as it has changed from 8 years ago, I am very much looking forward to (and praying for) an increase in damage for the First Love as is to be inferred by the TL ramp and an improvement to my overall mitigation. I don't know what it is about the new system but my spy's resists, while greater than they ever were in nc1, seem to be severely lacking or misleading which is causing too many whippings for my taste.

New Runner receives the agogé now

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Will the bonuses for epic, rare and WoC ever be reintroduced?

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

And so starts the journal of a Melee Tank

I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    Will the bonuses for epic, rare and WoC ever be reintroduced?
    We do not intend to. We want there to be no difference in viability (in theory) between any weapon type.

More choice will become apparent when we make further changes.
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post
    We do not intend to. We want there to be no difference in viability (in theory) between any weapon type.

Music to my ears <3
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Melee Combat Weapons

At the moment Melee Combat Weapons are just good in a non buffed 1v1 fight, but not useable for real big fights over time
    and with PPU Support.

The way to mod M-C Weapons is also not the biggest, 3 mods for non T-C and 3+ Ultima for a T-C (which no one plays atm in PvP,
    if someone plays M-C in PvP :P)

So the idea is to bring more mods and a bigger overview for the weapons, like the Devo, AK or the Pistols with a DOT (Damage over Time)
    mod.

For Weapons like, Vain Reaper, paw of bear or Tsusun.

Melee Combat Weapons.

Zurzeit sind M-C Waffen nur effektiv in einem 1v1 gegen einen ungebufften Gegner, sobald es an kämpfe geht wo Leute
    von PPUs supportet werden sieht es schlecht aus.

Die Auswahl an Mods die man für M-C Waffen hat ist auch nicht die größte, 3 für normal und 3+Ultima für T-C Waffen
    (Welche derzeit von M-C Spielern im PP nicht benutzt werden)

Die Idee wäre also eine größere Vielfalt an Mods zu erschaffen, mods wie es sie für den Devourer die AK oder diverse
    Pistolen gibt. DOT ( Damage over time) mods und oder mods mit diversen Schadensarten.

Natürlich nicht für alle M-C Waffen, eher für Waffen wie die Vain Reaper, Paw of Bear oder Tsusun.

(Persönlich hätte ich auch nichts gegen ne Taschenlampe für den Peacemaker

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bragi View Post

That is excellent news, but it might have the unforeseen circumstance of some lower level rares and the epics becoming becoming obsolete or worthless, or will there be less overlap with high end shop bought weaponry?

PS excellent signature

We aim to bring lower TL weapons into viability through later changes.
    As was mentioned in the Deployment #1 thread, the current system does not promote lower TL weapons. We hope to address this in subsequent alterations.

PS Cheers!
    Bragi
    Balancing
    Neocron Support Team

»Bang bang, my baby shot me down (and then submitted a detailed report to the support team)«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

That is excellent news, but it might have the unforeseen circumstance of some lower level rares and the epics becoming becoming obsolete or worthless, or will there be less overlap with high end shop bought weaponry?

PS excellent signature

Rome wasnt built in a day roger Time will change these things.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by aKe`cj View Post
    Something is wrong.
    Where are the people asking for free candy or Double-XP ?

Highest Ranked Psi-Monk Ever Forget My Name's Avatar

I must say, Melee weapons sure are strong at early levels. With a starting Melee Tank in TG Canyon, I can go into the level 12 cave and basically live inside and kill everything without much effort until I was around base 25 strength. Starting Knuckle was dealing around 30 damage to most critters. The TL 30something Artifact Face Scratcher was dealing 109 damage with each swipe.

Of course, when I left the TG canyon, I could only farm that single camp of mutants as down the road there were all the end game fire mobs chilling everywhere.
    Majestic_12 / Cold Steel Mercs / Phoenix LTD / P.I.M.P / Immune

my techs for trade

[...]it might have the unforeseen circumstance of some lower level rares and the epics becoming becoming obsolete or worthless
    Yeah, like today nothing is obsolete or worthless : )
    Imho that's the matter or balancing mods. Rares have better quality and less slots, while nonrares are capped at 99% with 5 slots being available (it's merely matter of patience).

@Kronos:
    1) about ammo - are you planning to decrease the bit overwhelming amount of ammunition? At least the "almost same" ammo like plasma cannon and wave?
    2) isn't the ramp on TL/dmg graph duplicating same thing done already by 2 systems:
    - smaller xp thresholds on lower levels to make first lvl ups faster
    - the 50/75/100 rule making increase of first skill lvls faster

My point is: The more systems you have doing same thing, the harder it is to control.

First of all.. Hello

1. How do I say this.. with the introduce with the WoC weapons and the balancing right after, the DoT from all other weapons were removed (except grenades and flamer) and were at a disadvantage, like the wyatt earp, desperado and so on. All single shot weapons were DoT weapons with the right mod, even the psi spells. But this all got removed. Maybe this should be reintroduced.

2. Some feedback: Right now on Sparta the Weapons are doing high dmg (as you wrote in the thread). But how does it happen, that the weapons are doing nearly zero damage on shielded enemies? Is this of the current changes of burst removed?

Jupiter Titan
    OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    -=[L-o-Z]=-, Light of Zion
    Satan2k2
    Reckless <3
    'Wallace' Family

OZ-T, OutZone Traderz
    Eli Wallace - Rodney Wallace

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast