Default NeoCast - Post your questions for the support crew!

As you may have read here NeoCast will be hosting a meet 'n greet 'n ask questions 'n have fun 'n shitz tonight at 19:00 CEST (18:00 BST / 17:00 GMT).

I need you to write below your questions.

I will try and ask as much as possible when the support crew pops on to the cast with us

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

I may as well start, and hopefully a few other will join in!

A year in to Titan going online, what has been the biggest highpoint or achievement for you guys?

former king of saturn

1- Are there any plans to clarify values for resists/mitigation in the near future? Eg: Skilled resists vs armor resists values; Nanite resist values.

2- Are there any plans to simplify itemization? Eg: Why have plasma rifle, pistol, cannon ammo mods instead of just plasma ammo mods?

3- Are there any plans to re-evaluate implant/PA bonuses? Eg: Does it really serve a valid purpose for Regant Power Armor to provide 13.07 t-c? Is there really a good reason all bonus values aren't integer-based in the first place like they used to be?

4- Are there any plans to overhaul sellers again? Eg: Why do some sellers' descriptions indicate they sell rifles when they actually sell cannons? Why is it I have to go on a wild goose chase for a level 2 implant or hightech weapon? This is the future, dammit... not the 1800's. It shouldn't require me to obtain an old dusty scroll and a decoder ring to locate the smuggler that sells one of the three items I need. I have further thoughts to expand on this without eliminating the value of smugglers, but this is q/a so I'll stop here.

5- Ammo quantities - why is it that they don't agree with the clipsize of the weapon?

6- Are there any plans to assist the runners who play during low-pop hours? Eg: 1% pop, someone begging in p1 for a poke or a repair for 20 minutes to no avail. This is a big problem for NA runners, and is something that really hampers population growth. If a new player gets pk'd, and spends 30 minutes begging for a poke in Medi is not likely they will convert to a full-time player.

Divide - Unfortunately, the Neocast event was last night. So these questions will not be answered on that event.

However, they are a good set of questions. I am currently watching back the twitch feed from last night as I don't know if any of the above might already have been asked/answered, but I'm sure they will be another time to use the questions above.
    Kronos
    Social Media
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»A person who never made a mistake, never tried anything new«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

former king of saturn

Too bad I didn't read the OP fully! I'll try to watch it after work today as well.

Is there any potential for these questions to be commented on within this thread? Free drugs and hookers in-game for any vols who respond.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

BlackMaze missed my question too lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    3- Are there any plans to re-evaluate implant/PA bonuses? Eg: Does it really serve a valid purpose for Regant Power Armor to provide 13.07 t-c? Is there really a good reason all bonus values aren't integer-based in the first place like they used to be?
    The word on the streets is it was part of a scheme to have the boni degrade with item condition but the idea turned out to be inviable. Someone stated they're going to get rid of fractions at some point. Probably together with reballancing, no real point of doing same job twice.

Why is it I have to go on a wild goose chase for a level 2 implant
    point red, nuff said.
    or hightech weapon?
    It's a great feature imho. You have to get those built anyway, so why even bother looking for vendor instead of asking players?
    BTW: WTS Tangent Plasma Wave, 5slot: 300k, 4slot: 150k : )

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    point red, nuff said.
    Why is everyone ok with tribal knowledge being the only way to get what you need? Why is it acceptable for new players to be faced with tasks like this? It directly conflicts with the one thing everyone can agree upon - bringing in new blood. This should be our primary focus right now. Keeping these away from the reach of new players and sending them blindly through the wastes is just plain dumb. Making them rely on the kindness of others when there is a pop of 2% is just plain dumb. Stop looking at it from the perspective of a veteran that plays during prime time.

It's a great feature imho. You have to get those built anyway, so why even bother looking for vendor instead of asking players?
    BTW: WTS Tangent Plasma Wave, 5slot: 300k, 4slot: 150k : )
    Please re-read my comment from above.

The only way a noob has that kind of money is if someone like you or me has given it to them.
    I didn't expand on my thoughts for Smugglers because this was intended as QA. But, my suggestion would be to keep their inventory the same (while also returning the low-quality items to their appropriate vendors), and have items purchased be of a respectable quality (80-90% stats), with chances for slots therefore removing the need for someone with no knowledge or resources to require both knowledge and resources for a weapon of what veteran players would consider usable quality.

Bottom line - stop looking at this game from the eyes of a veteran that plays during prime hours if you really want to fix the lowest common denominator. Make no mistake about it, the fresh noob experience is the most critical piece of the game for growth and is being glossed over by the majority of players today. They are too busy pushing their own agendas hoping their friends will come back. Old players are awesome. They are also not coming back in most cases. People need to stop hoping for end-game fixes to draw players back. They need to focus on early-game improvements that actually improve the adoption rate of the game.

They need to focus on early-game improvements that actually improve the adoption rate of the game.
    Agreed.

[everything]
    This is multiplayer game. Everything it has is interaction between players.
    What you propose can be summed up as "the pop is so low, let's turn it into single player game" .
    This is no solution. Folks wanting to play single have better games than Cron to play.

As I see it, new players are overwhelmed how helpful vets actually are. What this game needs are ways to bring noobs closer to vets, not separating them apart.

MC5 area, super-confusing chat system, starting apts in OZ Complex - those are real obstacles noobs are facing before they can even get to the multiplayer part.
    Having everything server to them on a silver plate is nothing anyone can feel satisfaction about.

I have posted huge chunk of problems noobs face and how to lessen them. Have you read? Agree, disagree? Because so far, the community has spoken "we don't care".
    Last edited by Agent L; 30-09-13 at 22:46.

former king of saturn

lol I like the quote ahahahaha

former king of saturn

What I propose is 'make the game work for players that are stuck in timezones where this game is damn near a single player game."

From 11pm-3am (GMT-7) the server population is typically below 2% with 'good nights' at 3%. There are nights where I am logged in to 4 accounts (main, poker, resser, cster) because there isn't a single other person, online or willing, to help players who need these services. They need other options during this time period, and telling them to man up or play different hours isn't the right solution. Those are basically their only options many nights. This turns people away from the game. Do you ever play during these hours? Would it be helpful if I put up a youtube video so you can see what it feels like? It feels like a damn ghost town populated solely by afkers and mobs with AI that appears to have been coded by a single-celled organism. If you are going to subject players to that type of world, you damn well better give them something to help make them feel at least somewhat self-sufficient. You seem to conveniently ignore the fact that I didn't mention anything about l3 implants/power armors/rares/etc... that still demand a real person to person interaction to obtain. This is only about helping total noob runners.

I have read other posts of yours and while I can't regurgitate any of them, I can immediately agree with all of the points you bring up here.

Sadly, because there are so few ppl in your timezone, fixing problems for them means very little to the players as whole : (

former king of saturn

There may not be many people currently who would benefit immediately, but that isn't the point. The point is to give low-pop-hour players a boost. The first part to that boost is helping them with the facilities of the game as they stand now, the second part is to grow the base.

As any online game can demonstrate, players beget players. No one chooses to play on a 1/16 CS server when there is an 11/16 available. If they do choose to, the numbers are boosted by bots to improve the gameplay experience. It's not to remove the need or desire for actual players... it's to keep the experience as enjoyable as possible.

There are so few players in the gmt-5 thru gmt-8 timezones because of the fact that there are no players. Bolstering the population during those hours shouldn't be a sole focus of the vol crew, but it should be a top priority. Evening out the game population across the globe enriches the game so much more than content addition.

What I meant is there are severe problems present ATM which mindrape noobs even if they start playing at peek hours (actually even before they start playing). I think they should have absolute priority when it comes to any bolstering of population.