Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Question NC client no longer allows connection with game server

OK, slight rant here and I apologise in advance

I don't get a lot of time to play NC these days, and tonight I wanted to play.
    The client states: Warning your launcher is in test server mode. You are not able to connect to a regular game server after patching.

I've changed nothing.

I find it very difficult to arrange time to play NC these days with children and work demands. I know and appreciate this volunteer driven effort, and think it stressful when changes have been made without announcing a viable workaround or solution. I've not changed anything on my PC since the last time I turned it on (3 days ago) and suddenly NC won't work. I know you announced your next release on the 27th of September, but this is on Sunday. I fail to understand why we should be locked out from NC three days prior to your patch.

Sadly, this was my only night ( for 1.5 hours ) that I could play until the 2nd of October.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

It did this to me the other day, I re-installed the client.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    It did this to me the other day, I re-installed the client.
    Reinstallation does not seem a solution for me, and likely others. Someone upstream has made changes and they did not communicate them to their user base.

I'm not going to reinstall.

In case you did not start the patcher: *points at the upper right corner of the launcher* else, only a reinstall will help
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Hi Alduin, No I didnot start the patcher, and did not see the button. What I did do was ( out of hope ) press connect, and then press cancel. When your post was read, I started the Launcher again and the correct page .ini settings were displayed, and this makes me think that the Patch button was in fact also the Lauch button;P

Case closed and grumpy old me feels happier

former king of saturn

I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago that was due to my isp. I was dropping like 30% of transmitted packets. As soon as it was fixed, my launcher was fixed.

Odd, I haven't had this at all.

former king of saturn

When I was having this problem, the launcher would display the page for the test server, but wouldn't have it selected in the drop-down. This was 100% on my end, and was directly related to the problems I was having with my own connectivity.