Default WoC Needs a Rethink

Wisdom of Ceres is totally imbalanced and poorly implemented. I think many would agree. What was initially an idea of end content and new content that was to be balanced we have the complete opposite. WoC has created a time and money sink that really favours the spy class. I believe that WoC needs a serious rethink. I will keep this succinct so here is a list of problems:

-Guns, Guns and More Guns: The art department was very proud of their creations but clearly had a bias towards pistols and rifles. As a result we have almost entirely nothing but guns when it comes to WoC weapons, save a crummy rocket launcher for tanks. Now because of this WoC is mostly catered towards spies and private eyes (though mostly spies), so if you play any other class then there is no point in getting WoC.

-No Need for Levels: You can get 5 levels of WoC but there is no incentive to do so. You only need 1 level of WoC , there is just no content for anything above that. The only thing that requires WoC 3 is golden power armour, which only a GM can spawn. There just isn't a point to the extra levels. All that grind and money with no content for your efforts.

-Private Eyes Get it Rough: Private Eyes have it rough in terms of WoC. To get the level they need they have to grind more. Every other class needs to get 100 mill extra xp but the poor PE needs 258 million. To add further insult a lot of the ceres weapons have such high requirements that a spy can easily achieve that the private eye is left to only use a handful of weapons.

-You Better Not Get Intelligence: Intelligence WoC is useless, which is a shame. There is nothing for a trade skill based characters. No rare tools or hacking abilities. This makes WoC very aggressive play style oriented, which means in terms of end game content for some play styles, makes things limited.

-Nothing Really Substantial: WoC heavily favours spies. As such I have seen countless AK47 wielding spies while every other class only really has access to dark coloured power armour. Even then the WoC power armours have only slightly better stats then regular but at a 2 million price tag. Essentially the WoC armour is cosmetic. There are no WoC melee weapons, heavy weapons, drones, psi spells or even implants. The content is simply guns and reskinned armour that we already have. Also a majority of ceres weapons do poor damage and in some cases the tangent technologies epic guns is way more powerful.

So what is to be done?

Scrap WoC and make the weapons have lower requirements? Or develop the week areas? but that requires substantial content creation!

What is to be done?

Feedback please.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

You forgot the crummy WoC Knuckles.

http://www.techhaven.org/db/showitem/2458.html

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Shadow View Post
    You forgot the crummy WoC Knuckles.

http://www.techhaven.org/db/showitem/2458.html
    Except they don't require WoC status any more. So one less item and not really a good one at that. But also there is nothing for psi monks and droners.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

seems like the WOC project was left unfinished when KK went bankrupt. i'm sure this will be cared for... after so many other things.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

I'd hope WoC is addressed in the balancing that's coming. As long as it's a badge of honour and not a requirement for successful character builds I'm happy. Droning El Farid robotically till WoC and lomming immediately probably isn't what WoC was envisaged to be.