Thread: Oculus Rift

Default Oculus Rift

Confirmed for Neocron 2 CE
    Prior Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.
    llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

former king of saturn

This is awesome.

The Engine upgrade to Direct X 9.0c allows you to use NVIDIA 3D VISION running with Neocron too. It is working perfect for me
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

That's awesome - I was waiting to get one but wasn't sure if NC was gonna support.

pepper park is going to get crowded.....
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Ok that's awesome!

With the 3rd party Rift implementations I'm assuming the cross hair and head tracking are joined? (Unlike how TF2 lets you aim with the mouse while looking around with your head)

If so it would be cool to explore with but wouldn't be too good for any kind of combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    The Engine upgrade to Direct X 9.0c allows you to use NVIDIA 3D VISION running with Neocron too. It is working perfect for me
    Does Direct X 9.0c allow for dynamic lighting? That would make a HELL of a difference to Neocron.
    Planet Bliss - Chilled Electronic

Quote Originally Posted by Roburn Bliss View Post
    Does Direct X 9.0c allow for dynamic lighting? That would make a HELL of a difference to Neocron.
    Not quite sure, but that seems more of a engine thing. Fusion guns already do some sort of dynamic lighting. There is just no dynamic shadows in NCs engine i think...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

former king of saturn

Try checking out the enb series utility. It doesn't add dynamic lighting but it does add in bloom and color correction and ssao. I have played with it to some extent and have found a pretty good medium for color saturation and bloom that really enhance the visuals without making them overbright/oversaturated.

It supports some other features as well that I have had mixed success with... mostly failure. There are actually some pre-built 'effect' packages out there that really give you a great idea of what the tool can do. There is one that actually forces a near 8-bit rendering of the game which is quite a sight to behold. I'm a HCP/gaming enthusiast and small-time code hacker periodically. I don't have the skill to really employ all of the features available, but I'm certain someone out there can.

Wow that looks really cool. Would be more exciting to see if Neocron 3 was ever made, with nice graphics

No idea if Neocron 3 was ever announced, haven't played the game in a very long time, yet alone post here lol

Sweet!

I've been playing with the Rift the past few months and it's awesome. Can't wait for the HD consumer version.

How did you get NC working with it? I checked the TriDef forums and don't see any profiles to use for NC?

I tried it out myself after realizing I could just use a generic profile with TriDef and it's cool for a bit but it's not practical to use with NC due to the FOV issues. Understandable since this game came out in 2002 and it's obviously not native with the Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by BizzyBum View Post
    I tried it out myself after realizing I could just use a generic profile with TriDef and it's cool for a bit but it's not practical to use with NC due to the FOV issues. Understandable since this game came out in 2002 and it's obviously not native with the Rift.
    Wasn't it in development way before then too? I remember reading about it mid 2002 even. Got the Beta key with a magazine if I remember right, been so long ago lol

FOV is an issue with NC regardless of Rift. That really needs to go.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^