Default [Balancing-Idea] Precision of AOE-Weapons

hi @ all

I had some discussions with some other players and want to read your opinion about this.
    I'm talking about the shooting with area weapons like Moon Striker, Doombeamer and Malediction. The precision is the same while kneeling, standing or running.
    Any time the reticle is close and you have the same precision all the time. Many Tanks use a area weapon to kill Spies in the stealth.
    The Winding Argument isn't from the model as big as a Doombeamer and could be more precise than the Doombeamer while standing or running.

In the past of NC1 and NC2.1 the accuracy was different if the player knees or stand.
    While standing the reticle was open as much as possible and the area weapons were less precise
    While kneeling the reticle was closed as much as it can and the precision was better.

It's the same in real. No soldier will fire a rocketlauncher while running or standing. They knee to be more precise.

The Moon Striker rockets in NC1 and NC2.1 where after the shot less precise. After a few meters the trajectory of the rocket get more stable and the rocket fly to the point of the recticle more precise.

If you don't know what I mean please watch the following video and go to 1:30 mins
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEoBf5LW7UE

Looking forward to read your opionion and ideas

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Well, first I would argue that GenTanks aren't real soldiers but actually genetically-engineered super soldiers whom while wearing power armor could likely fire a rocket launcher while running.

Secondly, unless something changed of which I am not aware of but the aoe weapons are not particularly accurate outside of the raygun and fusion cannons. Rocket launchers are probably the most inaccurate weapon in the game besides flamers.

Kneeling should make accuracy improve. It naturally makes sense. It should be the first simple change for the mechanics. A tank should have to kneel to maintain accuracy in my opinion. It would give the spies etc more chance to manoeuvre around them when they start spamming grenades etc.

There is plenty more that should be done before that though with aoe weapons generally.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

former king of saturn

I have always felt that aoe in this game was needlessly inaccurate. It is so inaccurate that whipping out a moonstriker is the equivalent of playing Russian /set kill_self 1.