Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Your Input On: Warzone Bonuses

Hello All,

While we're still discussing this internally, we'd also like to hear the community's opinion on this.

What ownership bonuses would you like to see from the new Faction Warzones feature? What would make this a worthwhile alternative/addition to owning an outpost?

Remember: Warzones are owned by the Faction, not by an individual clan.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    Hello All,

While we're still discussing this internally, we'd also like to hear the community's opinion on this.

What ownership bonuses would you like to see from the new Faction Warzones feature? What would make this a worthwhile alternative/addition to owning an outpost?

Remember: Warzones are owned by the Faction, not by an individual clan.
    I don't think the bonuses should be game destroying, but perhaps the Faction should be offered a choice of bonus on successful hack. The bonuses should apply for that faction regardless of where they are, not just within the War Zone.

Possible ideas:
    +25% Exp Bonus
    +50% Cash Bonus
    +5% Movement Speed Bonus (5% increase to both Athletics and Agility)
    +5% Health Bonus
    +5% to all Trade Skills Bonus

Just kicking off some conversation here...

Maybe some kind of special ammuntion? Which does slightly more damage and has a different color?

Or PvP Points with some kind of ranking!

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    PvP Points with some kind of ranking!
    Oh god, another can of worms :P

What rewards would be available to those with the most PvP points?
    How often would these reset?
    Would they only be earned in the WarZone?
    Would these only be valid for enemies of your faction?
    How could this be maintained as fair, and not exploited like similar systems in a majority of other online games?
    Last edited by Cursed Shadow; 05-09-13 at 14:09.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

What about factions getting bonuses if they own all the OPs within their particular sphere of influence in the wastes. For example, CA would get additional bonuses for holding all the OPs close to NC, Simmons, Tyron, Krupp, Jeriko, McPherson, FA get a bonus owning Regant, Gravis, Redrock, Gabanium, Shirkan, Crest, TG get a bonus holding Grant, Cycrow, Tezla, Deveraux, and City Mercs get a bonus holding Jankins, Chester, Seiger, Rockshore, Drakhan. Have some of these spheres potentially over lap to create conflict, and you'd see the big factions (in lore terms, who have their own base) fighting over the wastes.

Here's a crude drawing of that idea. The key = TG are yellow, CA are light green, CM darker green, and FA are blue.

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    What about factions getting bonuses if they own all the OPs within their particular sphere of influence in the wastes. And ongoing...
    You didn't really rad the OP?^^
    The question was NOT about OP zones but the new feature soon to come in the next patch
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

former king of saturn

For those who played vanilla WoW, you may recall the buff received by players in the capital when someone turned in the head of Onyxia. I believe this is a great method of application for a number of reasons:

Buff applied to characters in the zone at the time of capture - Encourages all members of the faction to get involved.

As for what the buff is, I'd suggest that it be PVP related. Capturing a faction warzone could be the rallying cry (see what I did there?) prior to a series of opwars.

Buff is applied to the character does not fade when entering/leaving certain areas - Runners can get involved then go back to what they were doing without feeling as if they lost time or participated in something frivolous.

Death of character ends buff - Further promotes the desire to play in a group. Can create rivalry between runners if buff is terminated due to being PK'd

The buff should be applied to all runners of the victorious faction in the zone each time it is captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Buff applied to characters in the zone at the time of capture - Encourages all members of the faction to get involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Death of character ends buff - Further promotes the desire to play in a group. Can create rivalry between runners if buff is terminated due to being PK'd
    Both of these ideas would significantly devalue the Warzone. There should be a significant benefit to motivate people to fight over it.
    I think the buff should be persistent between deaths for all faction members. However, an additional buff for those who contributed would motivated people to participate.