Noone cares Torg.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The problem with stopping zone line whoring is that right now the only real pvp you can find is on zone lines like pp1, combine that with there being almost no pokers around and you end up with a situation where dying is just annoying. Everytime you die its about 5 minutes of sync which is fine but then its pokes! and you might end up losing a tl115 imp which could mean no more playing for a while.

A no sync out time after shooting could be cool later on, but for now the pvp is to small scale and the population of essential traders FAR to small to do anything, it'll just make people never want to pvp without full ppu support
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Easy fix make a new account lvl a spy upto lvl 20 there you go have a tl115 poker when ever you need

Or just get 2 ppus, one either side of the zone line to ensure maximum survivability wherever you are in the game.

This is the inherent problem. Its not a case of pvp any more, its a case of getting a bigger gank team. The scales escalate until every available person is there or people just log off due to boredom. Zoneline whoring is just a small part of a bigger problem but repeating it just makes me sound like a broken record.

Since I didnt read any realistic suggestions on this page, im posting with the simple & only idea I have for this.

Currently the only real fighting in the city happens in pepper. Since plaza 3 is not a safezone, Club Veronique is the safezone where the zoneline whoring happens. If you remove the safezones entirely, hardly anyone would fight that way. So keep the safezone security there, but make it not so easy to zoneline whore back & forth:
    *Add doors to the upstairs entrances to Club Veronique
    *Make these doors & the entrance door DOWNstairs open ->>> SLOW <<<- . Like the city subway door to the wastes.

Boom

Faced with that situation I would just click the door open midway through the fight and wait for it to open whilst I clipped through my opponent before I ran into the waiting arms of my ppu on the other side.

I dont think it solves much honestly.

Sorry.

and? you'd be fighting. & coming out from the club ud have to fight on the other side of the door. No more zone out, get drilled by more than 1 person, turn around, zone back to safety.

I dont think it would help the situation sorry. In my mind its like putting a plaster on a gunshot wound.

Due to the actions I would take above when faced with such a situation I think its clear for you to see how I would bypass the measures you have attempted to put in to counter the issue. Whilst I commend you for coming up with a solution I also feel that you need to understand that I dont think it is an effective one.

You'd be dead, actually.

I did not read every comment since this is a big thread...not sure if this idea was brought up already but this is my suggestion:

If a person zones twice in a row...say within 10 secs of each other...they get frozen in position in the new zone for a certain amount of time...5-10 secs...long enough for them to be shot at and killed. For LEd people this will not harm their game play too much and will not change things too drastically for pvp runners...alot of the suggestions iv heard so far will really change the way pvp is done...is that your goal here or to fix zone whoring...trust me if a person knows they will get frozen on the other side they will wait the time before they zone again. As for a role playing aspect I can assume going through a zoneline is pretty extreme for a runner's body...if you go through too many zones too fast this will cause your body to go into a comatose state for a certain period of time.

The way i picture it is if you have one person on either side of the zone the person trying to avoid being killed is screwed after two zones. However with neocron there is also the option to press esc during the zone and zone crash to get away from your enemies...i suggest that if a person tries to do this make it so their body does not disappear right away and the person chasing has some time to kill a lifeless chicken trying to take the quick way out!

<3 Tino

ps Lets not get crazy here and break things in the process of trying to fix them...aka break pvp in the city

I figured this was a good fix since the frozen body tactic is already being used in game when a runner is stuck and needs to reset_position 1 =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sevendust View Post
    You'd be dead, actually.
    No actually. The door would have opened at the start of the fight, I'd make sure of it and I am not the only one who would think of it. Even if it takes 5 seconds to open while I am fighting it would still open before I needed to zone. Either way, youre flogging a dead horse.

If your suggestion was to gain any traction tino it would need to only apply to zoning from and to certain zones - ie city zones only. If you did that in the wastelands then people crossing the corners of zonelines would be impaired by the debuff and could potentially die due to crossing 2-3 zones within the ten seconds.

If you could split this effect and separate it to only be applied when say zoning out of UG and in city zones for example then it might work.

However they wanna do it...im just an idea man...also i have no compassion for pve nerds...let em all die to mobs!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678