Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    what he said.
    what they said.

It has to be a very slick and easy and not overly complicated solution.

And we need solutions for more than one problem.

#1 problem: safe zone synching
    #2 problem: zone whoring (back and forth)

Doors Oh wait I forgot that it would be impossible for doors to be added to the 2 spots where people actually fight...

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Doors Oh wait I forgot that it would be impossible for doors to be added to the 2 spots where people actually fight...
    Fences!
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

current balancing issues with certain classes force them to adapt this 'play style' if you're a lone APU and you want to live, you'll spend 5-10 seconds in the fight, come close to death (or get stacked with poison) zone and die, or zone and spend the next 3-5 minutes regenerating your health to do the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Doors are the worst idea ever. They limit the flow of moving thru these zones for everybody and they help nothing. The door at MB proved that.

[Edited]
    Last edited by Bifrost; 14-09-13 at 22:24. Reason: Flaming

Alduin made the thread. My spider senses tell me he wants to discuss it.

You are comparing people travelling about their lives in NC to people fighting here Faid. Two very different aspects of an average runners life.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Apparently Im not doing anything but flaming <3 the moderation skills. I just don't think zone-whoring in pepper park is a big enough problem for the nc community as a whole to warrant such attention from the devs.

I posted a reply but the pc ate it.

Pepper Park PVP is the only pvp for players who do not want the hassle of op fighting. There is nothing else since all the pvp events that players used to run dried up. If people want to casually dip their toes into the water of pvp then this is where they do it. It is an integral part of NC and as much a viable part of the game as any other.

If you cannot see that then I cannot help you further.

It's not that I don't see your point William, it's that there are bigger fish to fry, so to speak. In my opinion of course

yes and no, faid. zoning is a problem in op fights (not in plaza 2, we can agree on that).

No Torg. Zoning is a problem in pvp everywhere.

Not sure what bigger issues you are referring to Faid as truthfully I havent seen a bigger issue than this pervading all throughout NC's lifetime.

I have never played a combat game where the enemy can hide with invulnerability in another zone and then talk shit at me (aside from this one). In days gone by I would have said that there were other bugs that needed attention but they have for the most part been quashed. The price of death and the inconvenience of it in today's nc is for me the biggest issue. It has the largest impact on the satisfaction levels in this game.

Perhaps it is a synaptic thing or some other feeling that I cannot explain but am aware of but there is a certain sense of satisfaction when watching my opponent crumple in a bloody heap. It is the sole reason why I play pc games. To compete with other players. To test my skill against theirs and hopefully be victorious.

NC with its current mechanics denies me that. It feels like foreplay without sex. You get all riled up and never get to finish because the other guy does not want to die due to the ball ache of getting poked and the down time he has to get "back to the fight".

Other games handle this very well compared to nc and it is the reason I moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    It is the sole reason why I play pc games. To compete with other players.
    i see. maybe Neocron is not... perfect for you. my main reason to be here is to explore this world, to interact with others and to take part in combat in very, very limited means. i'd be ok if combat would be taking place at op fights only. whatever. have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    i see. maybe Neocron is not... perfect for you. my main reason to be here is to explore this world, to interact with others and to take part in combat in very, very limited means. i'd be ok if combat would be taking place at op fights only. whatever. have fun.
    In the most polite and honest way I can possibly muster I really do not care what you think. This is not about me. It is about zoneline whoring. Stay on topic and keep your opinions about what I do or do not do to yourself because your opinion is unwanted and irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Stay on topic and keep your opinions about what I do or do not do to yourself because your opinion is unwanted and irrelevant.
    good luck telling me what do do and what not to do. in my humble opinion zone laming is not a problem outside of op fights, because of the reasons mentioned before.
    offtopic: forum discussions are mainly exchange of different opinions, arent they?
    on topic: i'd be fine with closing this thread, while this decision is left to Alduin.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast