Quote Originally Posted by Neallys View Post
    Or you know, NC1 damage cap, so the PE can use lower TL weapons in a very efficient manner while getting resists and spies can use higher TL weapons but with lower constitution.
    This could also work

I think strange stat requirements is the only way to do this, none of the other weapons are restricted to one class only with a special tag like PA is, instead they have requirements that only one class can achieve comfortably and still be good with the weapon, a tank could use some highish TL rifles but he wouldn't have the necessary stats to be good with them. I don't think the weapons should have requirements of 2 different weaponskills like rifle and hc, just the two different mainstats is enough.

Really none of the stat requirements except strength and psi actually make sense, there's no reason a tank without any pistol skill shouldn't be able to pick up and shoot one, he should just aim terribly with it if he has no skill but this is a different issue altogether and not worth changing in Neocron 2. Maybe if that Neocron: Reloaded is ever made or Nc3.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorwin View Post
    There is problem with upping PE defense, because PE already have a better defense than spy, when you see the PE self buff defense and spy self buff defense, PE have a better one.
    Many PEs don't even bother with Psi. They use a dex glove to reach higher TL weapons. The benefits from the low level shields are minimal (8% for absorber IIRC, hardly worth it). Then when you get to team PvP, they are inconsequential, since they are over-ridden by PPU buffs.

The fact is some weapon need to be less powerfull because they have a smaller TL. TL is a base of neocron's build
    Indeed, a key problem is that the high TL weapons do too much damage and the lower TL weapons don't do enough.

NC1 rollback - Sparta - Go.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

I say just remove the pe; its borked now

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    Indeed, a key problem is that the high TL weapons do too much damage and the lower TL weapons don't do enough.
    You got it but, what I'm saying is that you can't just nerf high TL and up low TL. If you do so, every one will use the low tl weapon and the PE will stay behind the spy. So one solution could be to change prerequisite for some weapons so that they would be hight TL for every classes, and of course they could be competitive with TL 110+ DEX or STR guns.
    In fact they would also be TL 110+ but they won't need a unique big stats but 2 average stats.

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    NC1 rollback - Sparta - Go.
    I know you already know this and are probably joking but for anyone else reading this who might not have heard, we've been told by KK that they lost all neocron files pre 2.2 so 2.0, 2.1 or NC1 can never happen again. I've never even played NC1 except for the demo but I'd love to see how it was, too bad it can't happen now.

I know this doesn't directly concerns weaponery and that it is yet another "Make it the way it was in NC1" but they should be able to just use Stealth I again. Jones stealth is really not that hard to anticipate and that makes the PE a little bit less viable.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12