Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Shadow View Post
    - Have all classes been tested in the new TG canyon areas to ensure they are viable levelling areas for most classes/specializations?
    Why is this a problem? Everybody levels sewers/aggies/cyclops. Chars starting in CM just need taxi sooner than others.
    Simply flag FA and TG same as CM, as "factions for advanced players" and it's fair enough.
    Getting rid of the OZ Complex is certainly worth a few newbs learning to heed the warning. (everything beats starting in OZ Complex, because it's basically robbing ppl of their first apt)

OFC, having viable and balanced lvling areas is a good thing, but there are more pressing matters which should not be delayed because of that.

Firemobs seem to be no longer spawning in F12 (cycrow lab)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    Firemobs seem to be no longer spawning in F12 (cycrow lab)
    By "firemobs" do you mean a specific mob (e.g. Grim Chaser) or that there are no high level monsters at all in the sector?

In Canyon sectors where the mob loadout has been reviewed, there are now more locations mobs can spawn. While the total number of high level mobs has been increased, there are now far more possible locations. This means you will have to move around the sector a bit more in order to find monsters to fight. Those box canyons that have stood empty for years and no one goes in, might not be so deserted any more if people have farmed all the mobs near the roads and other land marks.

Also try killing some other mobs in the sector to kick start the spawn cycles. The way a zone initiates after a reset (required after patching that zone), means you might be seeing a lot of a certain mob you don't consider to be a "firemob" (assuming firemob is used in the normal way i.e. very high level canyon mob that drops techs).
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    By "firemobs" do you mean a specific mob (e.g. Grim Chaser) or that there are no high level monsters at all in the sector?
    I meant "pale-white, moderately to dangerous surface mobs capable of setting you on fire". Spiders, Hoppers, Giant Raptors/Terroraptors, Terrormaulers/Grim Persys, Doomreapers/Grim Chasers, levels 45-120. I consider Terrorleapers firemobs too, even though they never spawn in "ususal" locations.

There is nothing in the zone except vultures, crunchers, rattlesnakes, wolves. /16 tops

It's my primary hunting ground and I believe I spent in this zone long enough to know how it "should" spawn. It's completely broken in my opinion. It even crossed my mind that all mobs were intentionally removed to stop interfering with opfights.

/edit : oh wait, there are some, clustered in weird location. Still, there should be at least 6 distinct and independent spawnpoints.
    Last edited by Agent L; 12-09-13 at 12:49.

Still, there should be at least 6 distinct and independent spawnpoints.
    This is what I was trying to highlight to you.

In order to make the Canyons less of an instant death trap for new Twilight Guardian Runners (and life a bit more interesting), mob locations in some Canyon sectors were changed from their old many-years-and-counting predictability. As such the "usual" spawn locations will have changed with them. How the zone "should" spawn on Vedeena at R#184 is not the same as it currently does on Titan at R#183. Spawn behaviour of Terror Leapers also changed in the same patch.

I will investigate the scarcity of the mobs in the sector this evening, as that is not the intention of the change. Have you ventured around the whole zone, beyond these 6 locations? The intention here is to add some variety and address the incredibly boring predictability of hunting in these sectors. There should be significantly more - not fewer - high levels mobs spread across F12, you just need to venture off the incredibly beaten path to look for them.

EDIT: Also to be clear, this DOES NOT mean high level mobs no longer spawn in the vicinity of roads, land marks, or the original spawn locations. It just means they don't spawn there every single time. Previously (R#183) you had (for example) 15 mobs spawning in 5 locations, 3 varied mobs stood on top of each other every time at the same locations.

Now (R#184) you have (again an example) 25 mobs which can spawn in up to 35 locations. These locations are distributed in such a way you could find a pack of 3 Grim Chasers round a corner or a single 1 Hopper. A far more varied, unpredictable and exciting experience.

Your feedback suggests I need to tweak the mobs to locations ratio slightly, which I will look into after further tests of my own.
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 12-09-13 at 13:10.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Whoa whoa whoa. Slow down.

You mean you made "FIREMOB HUNTING" more like actual hunting?

I just don't even know wha- *dies*

Careful, god forbid you make Prototypes spawn in places other than the rooms in Ceres Labs, or the MC5 commander appear in the various buildings as well as his three camps.

This game needed more variety, it should not cater for the lone hunter in all scenarios, as you said, there needed to be a few edge cases where the monsters can overwhelm you.
    Last edited by Cursed Shadow; 12-09-13 at 13:30.

Yeah, I realized it when I noticed the TG guards. Sorry for the panic.
    The spawn seems to be OK. One group is near the road to Catlock (but not on it), and lots of other mobs are scattered in north-east quadrant and east of the lab itself.

They are so scattered, it's ridiculously easy now. I killed Persy by just standing and holding fire.
    Spawning in groups was what made firemobs dangerous.

Well, I miss the old layout. Especially on Persy Happy Hours, when nothing spawned but Persys, in groups of 3 or 4.
    THAT was fun.
    Last edited by Agent L; 12-09-13 at 14:44.

I had another cruise around the altered sectors last night. I'm not 100% happy with the spawn densities in play, they will likely be tweaked slightly before R#184 go live.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

They are so scattered, it's ridiculously easy now. I killed Persy by just standing and holding fire.
    Isn't that more to do with the high level fire mobs being terrible at long range? Should anyone really be able to take down a percy single handedly?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12