Default [R#184-T#188] Test Server Patch Discussion

Cheers runners,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch and especially the new feature Faction Warzones here. The corresponding patch notes may be found here.

Slauncha,
    Alduin
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Whoa, this Warzone feature looks awesome! Perfect for people like me, who don't want to leave their clan to join one of the op-fighting clans.

Once this is done, maybe it would be interesting to think about switching it around so that outposts are faction-controlled and warzones are clan-controlled.

New Gamefeatures - i'm really impressed!!!

Since this is like the most awesome thing ever...

How about implementing a map for DOY. So we can see which sectors belongs to whom?
    Of course with an API, so we can put that on the NIS

Mentioning in the City Com would be good too.

Impressive stuff guys! Love it!

New features? This is a really nice surprise, now I wonder what those benefits will be...

so... pandoras box was finally opened (evil laughter). control of zones, they said. by factions, they said. unknown benfits, they said. i'm somewhat sure, they were speaking of a dangerous, cruel, dystopic, inhuman time ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    New features? This is a really nice surprise, now I wonder what those benefits will be...
    Let it be known that if you have any suggestions for such benefits (including potential changes to OP bonuses to address any imbalances), we would love to hear those suggestions in the Brainport. It's also important to point out that the final zones for this feature have not yet been decided.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

I like it. Should add a whole new dynamic for unclanned pvp

I think big announcements like this need to be made in the official announcements section, and perhaps displayed on the main Neocron Game site.

Everyone I've talked to about this thinks it's fantastic stuff, we need to be using these kinds of materials to lure the players old and new to come back. Also, I fear fewer people visit the forums than IRC/Launcher/Main Site.

Start using that space, Twitter and Facebook to your advantage and get a buzz going.

Problem is of course that some of the new features are unfinished as they say. People could get mad when they experience that some things are not working correctly.

(remembering KKs Evo 2.2 Testserver -.-)

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    Problem is of course that some of the new features are unfinished as they say. People could get mad when they experience that some things are not working correctly.

(remembering KKs Evo 2.2 Testserver -.-)
    I think the fact that new features are being implemented is enough to sing the praises and restore the faith of people though.
    That's why most people left, they thought this game was not going to see new content, and that the combat would never get fixed.

If we are able to see there are no bugs in the many things sat on the Test Server right now, we'll starting really singing their praises once they hit Titan.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    Once this is done, maybe it would be interesting to think about switching it around so that outposts are faction-controlled and warzones are clan-controlled.
    Interesting! I am curious how such a system will affect the existing outpost system. What if warzones were just presently used to test new ways of taking over OPs? So by the end of this experiment, the final outcome would be:

Outpost fights are faction-controlled and fought at a faction-wide level. Clans that specifically took part in hacking an outpost for their faction may receive some special benefit. (This benefit could be the yet-to-be-implemented Warzone Reward.) This would add all the fun of a new layer of fighting to the world, but not introduce such a separate system of fighting that suddenly no one fought over OPs anymore or bothered to join clans. Instead, clans would be strengthened because factions would be strengthened, and as faction alliances change with storyline, enemy clans and factions might find themselves fighting along side their old enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    If we are able to see there are no bugs in the many things sat on the Test Server right now, we'll starting really singing their praises once they hit Titan.
    Triv & BiFrost:

- Have you tested all laser cannons, pistols and rifles from the lowest levels upwards?
    - Has the damage been touched on these at all, or just the aiming output?
    - Have all classes been tested in the new TG canyon areas to ensure they are viable levelling areas for most classes/specializations?

Although me and my 17th Squadron are typically known to associate ourselves to the Military Base, we will make an exception, and form a Special Operatives team to identify the weaknesses of the Canyon Facility and surrounding zones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast