Default [R#184|T#187] Test Server Patch Discussion

Please discuss the latest test server patch, in this thread.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Trivaldi; 17-08-13 at 14:26.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

nice - can't say there is anything not to like about this patch.
    PHP Code:
    "Computer voice: Fatal system error in unit 13, gamma sector, cryo recreation phase has been interrupted.";

//answers
    set 4        "Ok, see you later";
    set 5        "You're boring me, piss off"

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi
    RARE PARTS

Un-researched Rare Parts will now stack as L, T and E parts, regardless of what part they will become once researched.
    I assume that because the way this change works, it is designed to apply only to newly picked up parts?

Only mentioning this as anyone who has parts in their inventory already, the parts do not condense into the 3 L, T, and E stacks until they have been dropped and picked back up again.
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Quote Originally Posted by nEo-1664 View Post
    I assume that because the way this change works, it is designed to apply only to newly picked up parts?

Only mentioning this as anyone who has parts in their inventory already, the parts do not condense into the 3 L, T, and E stacks until they have been dropped and picked back up again.
    One should be able to merge the individual L stacks by dropping the items on each other. The F2 inventory saves the location and amount of items therefore they will not be automagically combined.
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

That's cool - I just wanted to make sure it was supposed to do what I saw. But that is all good

Like the patch in general, and the rare stacking is nice too
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

Thumbs up!

Great patch, the rare part stacking change will save so much time and storage space and people can actually buy unressed parts without fear of them all being junk the seller wanted to get rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    [..] people can actually buy unressed parts without fear of them all being junk the seller wanted to get rid of.
    Which on the other hand takes some grittyness out of the game...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    Which on the other hand takes some grittyness out of the game...
    I disagree. It takes away nothing and only adds realism. How on Earth should someone be able to know (even if it is only roughly) what a tech part is before it is even ressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanedax View Post
    I disagree. It takes away nothing and only adds realism. How on Earth should someone be able to know (even if it is only roughly) what a tech part is before it is even ressed.
    By looking at it and sorting it optically. Even tho the inventory thumbs look all the same, if we are realistic , you would at least tell apart a blade component from a barrel and throw look-alike tech parts on the same pile, even tho you don't know what exactly it is. I mean.. even tanks got 99 WEP so even them could do so easily i guess.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Rare stacking!!! Zomg! I can Yo all them cabinets and condense my entire rare collection into 1 cabinet!!!!! plus all the apartments that hold them cabinets awesome!! Can never remember all the passwords anyways

Great idea

Closed - Until Further Notice

Your whole collection is unressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    By looking at it and sorting it optically. Even tho the inventory thumbs look all the same, if we are realistic , you would at least tell apart a blade component from a barrel and throw look-alike tech parts on the same pile, even tho you don't know what exactly it is. I mean.. even tanks got 99 WEP so even them could do so easily i guess.
    people could easily exploit rares being rolled on drop instead on research. the change was needed.

now they can just xploit whole stacks on unres'd parts woot! "wts stacks of unres'dx255 20m each"

((((

No, that's how it is on retail right now, the patch makes it so all unressed rares of the same type will stack together. That means all Ls in one stack, all Ts in one stack and all Es in one stack.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast