Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tech Rareparts drop

Hello,

While it seems we are headed toward a rework of the way Techs are working in Neocron, I'm also curious to know how people stand about the current techpart drop that is in Neocron right now. To my knowledge, this is the lowest Techs drop we are going through ever since Neocron1 got released, and I have to say I'm a bit against it.

"Yes but, if they are called rares that's for a reason dummy! Not everyone is supposed to have them!"

This is an argument I have seen quite a lot on the forums during discussions for the change of the drops of techs. And I gotta say: Are you kidding? Neocron is an ego-shooter. This isn't Diablo3! Everyone is supposed to get his things at a decent pace. I do understand not everyone is supposed to run around with 5 slotters and that there is a feel for PvE accomplishment to be met here, but I have to tell you, this process is WAY TOO LONG! I mean come on, I don't mean to say Neocron endgame is supposed to be PvP, but I do believe that's where 90% of players are headed and why Neocron was so played in the first place.

I remember when even NC1 had a low population rate and still had trading going on. The rare-pool i way too big, people are wasting all their time in PvE and I don't mean to say it's not fun but you shouldn't have to PvE for hours to get some decent things. So here are a few ideas:

• Techs drop changed on Warbots from 0-2 to 2-4
    • Hoverbombers drop changed from 0-2 to 3-5
    • Experimental Ceres Troopers in the labs drops 0-2
    • Soullcusters from the Worm Tunnels now drop techs at a 1-3 chance
    • Kri'nahk lower level mobs now drop 1-2
    • Lower Firemobs now drop techs 1-2
    • Y-troops switched from 0-1 to 2-3
    • DoY untis now drop techs from 1-2
    • Dangerous caves (CRP/Catlock/TG) mobs drop 0-1

This list would go amongst the lines of my proposition. I know it looks exaggerated, but my idea is to switch the rarity elsewhere in Neocron. As Faid previously talked about, farming for unique colored Power Armors etc. Would be a good start. In my mind, the poor tech drop currently in place is keeping a lot of players from being active in PvP, this easier system would also allow players to play more risky with Soullight thus bringing more action.

Again, might seem crazy, but it feels right to me. Talked a little bit with the Dev team on the testserver and they didn't know much where they were standing on the idea thus my proposal in here.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

I would leave out dungeon mobs, cause they are easy to farm due to game mechanic and environmental issues.
    Keiner lacht ohne Hoder!

Envy is the highest form of recognition

Currently quite happy with the drop rate as it is. The problem is the variety of mobs that drop them, or at least are seen as viable means to collect them. DoY bots could be a good starting point, though I'm against dungeon mobs other than the boss, regant mob used to drop them, and that didn't go well.

Quote Originally Posted by neallys View Post
    this is an argument i have seen quite a lot on the forums during discussions for the change of the drops of techs. And i gotta say: Are you kidding? Neocron is an ego-shooter.
    fail!

former king of saturn

I do have to agree that something needs to be tweaked with the rare pool, and like the point made about soullight management as well.
    I see people talking about trophies daily, so clearly there are those who would waste time just to farm something of no meaning so they could have it (enter colored pa's) while instead a PVPer is going to want to get battle-ready asap and get to it. I do agree with DJ that the inclusion of dungeon mobs is not a good move.

This game is absolutely PVP focused. The PVE implementation is so poor you just can't paint it any other way.

Yes, DoY bots could drop them as well. But the rate is too low. This is stopping a lot of players who don't want to get involved in endless PvE sessions. We all know why there are preps on gathering stacks of tech on Vedeena, filtering parts is a common thing going on and that leaves no plan for tradeskillers. I would be more motivated to get more techparts out of mobs, more techs means more trade and more tradeskilling jobs.

But fixing the filtering parts is just going to make Macro-ing even worst if L T and E are single stacked. I do believe some people enjoy the hunting in rareparts, and I would do too if I didn't have to spend so much time doing it. People are free to still hunt like crazy and this will mean they will have more tradeskilling to do, thus altering the PvE vs Tradeskilling time scale and even it out.

I did offer a low rate on the mobs at CRP starting at a zero chance because yes, farming mobs with barrel might seem excessive. But I feel like these people should also be compensated, and thus making leveling/techs gathering less separated (again, some people might enjoy PvE on warbots with a rifle spy, some others enjoy AoE leveling and get done with it to get to a more desired Neocron experience). Please also note a slightly higher chance of getting techs from Wormtunnels and Swampcaves due to the mob density and current occupation in them.

Not to mention a better insight for new players as it wouldn't require them clans to set up some decent rares instead of merging rarepools. I'm sorry to be so harsh with the PvE community, I do enjoy PvE in other games, but in Neocron, until it is properly patched, PvE offers me whatsoever no satisfaction. I don't believe people do it because of its satisfaction but rather for having a more fulfilled accomplishment of their personal stock.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

I agree with everything suggested by Neallys, there is a problem with this game, the rare pool is huge, and it takes forever to collect all the parts needed for a weapon whereas it shouldn't , people used to play NC1 mostly because it's a shooter and they wanted to pvp , yes we need to satisfy people who like PVE but it should not take forever to get a character pvp ready otherwise with the low population we have people are gonna get sick of it and leave the game , tired of waiting for others to be pvp ready.

We have to increase the drop rates, maybe a small increase would be enough but without reducing the rare pool or increasing the drop rates, PVE is just utterly boring and long !

The actual real problem is not really the drop rate.
    How many rare are usable, and really good. There is 72 rares and only about 25/30 are usable (and I count MC5)
    First of all it would really be good to take drone out of the rare pool, becoming all fsm stuff. And we also need all those useless weapon (because they only are to weak compared to the only good weapon of the class that some time can be a ionic gun) to be improved.

I'm starting to play trade, for most of the rare part you ress this is what you think: "Again this bullshit of unused weapon that nobody want."

When I was playing NC1 every rare or most of them were usable. Ressing was like christmas for every parts...
    That's for me the big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorwin View Post
    The actual real problem is not really the drop rate.
    How many rare are usable, and really good. There is 72 rares and only about 25/30 are usable (and I count MC5)
    First of all it would really be good to take drone out of the rare pool, becoming all fsm stuff. And we also need all those useless weapon (because they only are to weak compared to the only good weapon of the class that some time can be a ionic gun) to be improved.

I'm starting to play trade, for most of the rare part you ress this is what you think: "Again this bullshit of unused weapon that nobody want."

When I was playing NC1 every rare or most of them were usable. Ressing was like christmas for every parts...
    That's for me the big problem.
    I hear ya. While I do understand the relation between the numerous useless amount of techparts and balancing the content in PvE & PvP, I however find that having a better drop-rate would be still good, even if all parts were useful. Again I will take Neocron 1 as an example but there used to be such a good drop-rate and all weapons were kind of useful and that asked a little bit of time doing PvE, not your whole evening to farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    This game is absolutely PVP focused. The PVE implementation is so poor you just can't paint it any other way.
    thats just one way to look at NC. in fact PvE and trading are (or were?) just ok for quite a part of the player population, while others didnt see anything worth caring for besides the PvP part. its your point of view (not mine, btw).

Neocron was originally created as a PvP only game, there were no combatant npcs. AI was programmed and added at the last minute, it sure explains alot.

I think the rare part drop is fine, the problem is the rare pool itself and the current balance. After balance is fixed the only thing we'd need is removing the drones from the pool and making them FSM or database items like Khorwin suggested.

The freezer stuff they added in NC 2, I would like them removed, along with the anoying shocker rares.

Also is it me or does the newer additions to the rare pool drop as a higher %?

I enjoy trading in NC. Its a bit harder on Titan.....atm

Not quite on topic, but I've had a few requests for data on the rarity of each part from the THN's rares DB. So here it is.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FE&output=html

Keep in mind not everyone enters their data into the DB.

Hmmm...do i understand correctly, that the DB doesn't say anything about the weapons that have been built already?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruder Malmsdoo View Post
    Hmmm...do i understand correctly, that the DB doesn't say anything about the weapons that have been built already?
    This information is filled in by the users but not everyone uses this feature, so I'm not sure the data would be any use here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast