Default [R183] HUD resets every single time when dying at battledome

Hi folks!

Donīt know if its only me but definitely every single time i get killed by mobs at Battledome i get a sync bug when genrepping and my HUD resets every single time.. its really annoying.. Someone any usefull ideas why?

As a first step I'd recommend to disable all programs in the background of Windows.

Start msconfig.exe (Start -> Run) change to the "Autostart" tab and disable all things not Mickeysoft. Reboot the machine and test again.

Also, I would suggest setting up your HUD and then close the game and mark the INI file that holds the HUD settings as read-only.

That way it can't be reset.

I can't check right now, but I think it's a file called rpos.ini in one of the folders.

Yes, the file is:

PATH\Neocron Folder\ini\rpos.ini

If you use write-protection, it won't reset when crashing after dying / using the generep. Also the crash may appear using the midi-sized map after venture warping (you mostly get the crash when clicking inside the map, sometimes also activating the mini-sized map and very rarely activating the worldmap).

Also, the error may occur if you are changing zones (synching) very often in a short amount of time (for example travelling with a vehicle).

Caution!
    If you use write-protection, another (very rare) error might occur when trying to move the hud-windows around and exiting the client. The client then is trying to alter the write-protected file, which may lead to an fatal error (access violation, runtime error).

If you do not want to use write-protection, you can copy the rpos.ini file and save it as a backup. You may then recover your settings by deleting the actual (in this sense resetted) file and copying in the backupfile.