Default [R#183] Rounding problems

Hello there,

yesterday on the Testserver i was reminded by that old rounding problem in NC in general.

Implants:
    They seem to work because they are not red anymore. If you put them in the processor, it won't get implanted (level too low whatsoever).

Construction:
    On a tipping point where i can use the construction gloves through to other implants, i will get various quality results, pending between 95 % and 99 % (mostly 98 %).

What happens here?
    The results are not getting rounded properly. With the new implant system (+x.xx) instead of (+x) and improper rounding the results are varying depending on how fast the CPU is calculating.

Sometimes the result will be 2.01 (in C equals to 2), sometimes it will be 1.99 (in C equals to 1).

In that case if my construction skill together with my implants will result in float 165.95 for example, it will be 165 for real, 166 shown in the skill window and if the program skips the request on implants (watch your timing), the real result will be like 164.62 for example. That means that one implant was skipped in the result, because the timing was off (bad FPS, heavy CPU useage, etc).

If one or more checks are skipped, the result will vary.

This problem -should- be solved by proper rounding at the first step (+0.5 method for a quick fix) and later on there can be a fix on the timing issues.

If i level one or more times, the problem will disappear as i can use my implants without the dependencies on other implants (Powerarmor is the same problem). Though it's very nasty you have to tell another player he cannot use his implant, although it is not red or produce different qualities on construction issues.

Would be glad if you could keep this in mind, though the error is around quite long

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by lawless View Post
    [...]and later on there can be a fix on the timing issues.[...]
    Seeing how these "timing issues" can influence all outcomes in the game, even in a fight, I think this should have a high priority.

Of course the other point regarding the improper calculation of imps is important too.

Are you a coder? I am asking because the details you know about C.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    Are you a coder? I am asking because the details you know about C.
    I know what i have to know
    Still grabbing deeper into the language, though i can now read and edit any pregiven code and write some stuff my own, some would say i am a programmer.

TechHaven Network *************** nEo-1664's Avatar

Not to discredit your post or otherwise, but one of the items that has been mentioned for Sparta will be the removal of the decimal system. I will try and track down the post quickly to link for you

The decimal system was just a pain from day 1 when it came in, so I will not be sad to see it go in due time

Edit: Source - http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...ate-April-2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Alduin
    Our first step will be to remove the comma value character stat system.
    The future is unknown until the present reveals it.
    [ Tech Haven Network ][ Item DB ][ Rares DB ][ NC-Wiki ][ NC2.2 Download ][ Fansites & Resources ]
    [00:07:39] [+Danae] the other guys are the tech wizards, i just find things :P i'm like google with boobs!

That's great news nEo,

the removal is fine with me too