Default Heavy Combat Private Eye

Hello there, Runners!

Is there any way a PE can actually wear the STR 90 H-C power armor ?
    As i know of the PE had 65 str levels back then, now only 60. Those 5 levels make a big difference, as I may not use some stuff i was planning on.

The target is to drive the rhino v2 with max (possible for PE) damage.

Any ideas on this?

Quote Originally Posted by lawless View Post
    As i know of the PE had 65 str levels back then, now only 60.
    This must have been back in the days of beta, since it's been 60 for as long as I have played.

What are much lower are the strength bonuses available. Even in the old days, getting to str 90 was pushing it, so no it's simply not possible. You can quite easily reach the epic weapons though.

There are however PE HC/MC PAs that increase str. Smuggler in the entrance to the PP Lab in P2 for levels 1 and 2.

Well yes, i found the str 70 pa, though i could not reach the str 80 one (only with 3 drugs).

The bonuses sure were a lot better, as i remember that i had one PE running around with a cursed soul and also with a healing light (also not that possible anymore).

Though thanks for the answer Dribble Joy

Quote Originally Posted by lawless View Post
    The bonuses sure were a lot better, as i remember that i had one PE running around with a cursed soul and also with a healing light (also not that possible anymore).
    OK, when was this? Because that's +45 str and at least +25 dex at the same time, which was never possible on retail.

Not at the same time - either dex or str related.

For STR
    Marines + 5
    Berserk 3 + 5
    Berserk 2 + 3
    That equivalent to the motoric chip (don't remember the name) + 5
    Hardenbackbone + 5

Beast + 5

Total +28 (65 + 28 = 93) (two drugs more for CS)

Also for the DEX part
    Motoric 3 + 5
    BalanceAdvancer 3 + 5
    Vehicle 3 + 5
    Rare Chip + 5
    Dex Booster 3 + 5

Redflash + 5
    (When the Powerarmor came in +5 again)

Total +35 (80 + 35 = 115) (Healing Light)

Bedroom Armour Keyboard Sword Load_HeavyLoad's Avatar

regants MC powerarmour can get you upto 80

Gunning the Rhino v2 is not possible without rare drugs. Maximum STR you can reach is 89 without Nightshade or Tiger Blood. Nightshade drops from the most powerful critter there is in Neocron, HF farming.

Reveller does decent damage and is reachable without much gimping.
    If you plan on using the HC PE in anything else than PvE - don't. Your best bet is probably the TL 70 Flamer / Tl 72 Plasma Cannon if you want any kind of resists and/or runspeed. Only works if you have godlike aim.
    Last edited by slith; 15-07-13 at 16:09.
    Falk Keegan (jump!)

» A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects. «
    - The Notebooks of Lazarus Long

Well i was planning on PVE only. I tried the reveler later on yesterday - mobs do hit you like 90 % the time. If you are not in a vehicle, they do about 30 % of the time.

Also, as the stacks wear off slower, hunting firemobs is not that ideal. Also the damage is not that high, which makes it rather more viable for warbot hunting. In this case - even a pistol spy would be off better than a reveler h-c PE. (Tested today with pistol spy, judge, hacktool, stealth, anti energy, anti xray-nanites)

That's quite a setback as i remembered the damage of the vehicles quite a bit higher.

Anyways, i will maybe have other ideas for fun characters that are viable too - HC PE is definately not

You always do more dmg on foot than in a vehicle. The only good thing about vehicle is it's armor, that's why all cars but rhino are absolutely pointless for combat. (unless your goal is to lvl the driver)