i carry a laaaazer......blade gstyle40's Avatar
    Stuck on a m'fn plane wit some m'fn snakes ><

Default [FIXED][R#184-T#185/5] gun switching

i noticed when after firing my healing light and immediately switching to my desparado the desparado will immediately get disabled. and it happens the opposite way as well. ill test how it works with other weapons v non weapon type items, stealth tool ect
    [Signature removed - please see the forum rules on signature sizes]

same with any weapon i've checked with a whole bunch of pistol rares / woc. if that "switch timer" isn't finished when you try and switch you will only holster your current weapon. then after that timer has finished you can select one of your weapons again, but there's no indication of that timer.
    Poke me baby, one more time!

I think this is intended, it's in the patchnotes. It'd be better if instead of this happening, you keep your current weapon out and nothing happens, then if you try again after the timer runs out you switch normally.

How does this effect PPU spells? Shields and whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    How does this effect PPU spells? Shields and whatnot?

Just tried it, it seems ok. But yeah something is defo wrong with what they were trying to do with the switching, it just gets buggy rather than letting you keep weapon in hand to finish your shooting.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

It's effecting nanite injectors too.

I can confirm that.

Something additionally:
    When you want to switch your weapon it gets disabled. When you hit the Quickbelt-Button again you can switch to the weapon. But when you try do instantly shoot your weapon gets holstered again (but it is still selected in the quickbelt)

Thanks for the report! I will have a look into it on thursday, please go on testing, it is very much appreciated. Please also have a look at ppus, nanite tools, using boosters/medkits.

Not sure whether a visual feedback is easily fits into the old UI code which is quite a mess. Nevertheless: any ideas how it should look like, how should it be visualized (keep in mind: animations in the UI are not an option atm)?

Cheers
    Alduin
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

There has to be a better way to fix the problem with ionic pistol switching. Fucking up the entirety of the weapon/spell/nanite pool seems a bit overkill. Why not change the ion pistol itself instead of screwing everything else up? mebbe lower it's damage or make it really heavy so you cant have 4 of them, split it's single shot into a two shot burst which will elongate its firing time.

There has to be a better, smarter way to fix this problem (if it is even a real problem in the first place).

There has to be a better way to fix the problem with ionic pistol switching. Fucking up the entirety of the weapon/spell/nanite pool seems a bit overkill. Why not change the ion pistol itself instead of screwing everything else up? mebbe lower it's damage or make it really heavy so you cant have 4 of them, split it's single shot into a two shot burst which will elongate its firing time.

There has to be a better, smarter way to fix this problem (if it is even a real problem in the first place).
    +1 !

It's the only weapon that can benefit a fast weapon swap.

Balancing weapons needs reload times to be taken into account. Weapon swapping before the reload starts to a second, third or forth weapon allows you to bypass the time lost, increasing your overall dps.

Obviously you can still swap out before you fire the last burst, which is where the reticule reset comes in, but the ion pistol was still plagued by the fact you could swap between the firing and the reload beginning.
    Last edited by Dribble Joy; 10-07-13 at 17:51.

nvm!

Quote Originally Posted by Fremen View Post
    +1 !

It's the only weapon that can benefit a fast weapon swap.
    NO!

WoC Launcher anyone?

I don't think it is, just a few germans whining about it on IRC constantly has brought the dev team to think it has to be fixed. The idea of switching back aim to every switch is horrible, if you really think the ionics are too powerful just (slightly?) reduce their damage, don't gimp an entire gameplay system without understanding the consequences (such as good luck trying to kill 3/4 ppus in outposts who are running around walls/YOs/hackterm).

And the switching while firing your weapon, I don't see what's wrong with that either. We need to address real issues, not some QQing after outpost fighting that went wrong.
    Keavy Oona and a bunch of clannies accounts I log on because WHY NOT on Titan, Muge/Nerije/Neal/Keavy Oona on Terra

Quote Originally Posted by nabbl View Post
    NO!

WoC Launcher anyone?
    lol, true. Would be fun to see a tank with 4x warhammer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast