Default [R#184] T#184-T#185 Testserver Patch Discussion

Cheers runners,

feel free to discuss the current testserver patch here. The corresponding patch notes may be found here.

Slauncha,
    Alduin
    Alduin
    Development
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»After the patch is before the patch!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Awesome! Can't wait to test this, when can we expect to see Vedeena online?

Reenabled automagic faction sympathy gain
    The reticule is now being reset after switching weapons
    After shooting you will have to wait at least 'shottime' before being able to switch weapons
    Thank you!!!

I like the "new" Faction Locations for new Runners and the "Montag memorial"

I only miss some new items/runs. ;/

maybe next time, thumps up!
    "Ich bin für klare Hierarchien. Gott hat ja auch nicht zu Moses gesagt: "Hier Moses, ich hab' da mal was aufgeschrieben, was mir nicht so gefällt. Falls du Lust hast schau' doch da mal drüber." Nein, da hieß es: Zack, 10 Gebote! Und wer nicht pariert kommt in die Hölle. Bums, aus, Nikolaus." (Stromberg)

still think there should be a permanent copbot statue in p1 for Chenoa . patch notes look great
    loose wire- researcher ,live wire - cst, bartmoss- droner/hacker
    , mrs lovitt- rifle spy(wifes char)nikkon-HC tank,

Clan fury - we have what you need

1. Why didn't those dirty tech freaks move out of our beautiful city back to their filthy robot ridden hellhole in the wastes in the patch?
    2. So the mission npcs that got removed (Dragon's wrath etc.) that part of the mission is skipped or something?

Lots of small generic fixes, i really like how the pp starter apps are back that really make it a nasty place to start off with your runner's career.

Auto faction symph gain is awesome, until there's been time to really look at the symph system and sl system as part of a big balance i'd keep it that way just to make it easier for people to switch over. (since the big clans tend to change faction so often or disappear altogether it'll help keep op wars and general population up i think)

The rest will just have to be tested on the testserver and i'll check it out for sure myself!
    Poke me baby, one more time!

When does the server go live? Looking forward to have a nice simple font for my GUI, does it support font smoothing or anti-aliasing for non pixel based fonts?

Quote Originally Posted by hatmankh View Post
    Awesome! Can't wait to test this, when can we expect to see Vedeena online?
    Vedeena should be online now unless some additional maintenance was required through the night.

Quote Originally Posted by LeoPump View Post
    Thank you!!!

I like the "new" Faction Locations for new Runners and the "Montag memorial"

I only miss some new items/runs. ;/

maybe next time, thumps up!
    New content will be getting more focus in the months to come. We appreciate you guys needs more stuff to do.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkon View Post
    still think there should be a permanent copbot statue in p1 for Chenoa . patch notes look great
    We considered a number of options and decided on a more subtle tribute, in an area Chenoa loved both as a player and as a member of the Neocron Team.

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    1. Why didn't those dirty tech freaks move out of our beautiful city back to their filthy robot ridden hellhole in the wastes in the patch?
    2. So the mission npcs that got removed (Dragon's wrath etc.) that part of the mission is skipped or something?

Lots of small generic fixes, i really like how the pp starter apps are back that really make it a nasty place to start off with your runner's career.

Auto faction symph gain is awesome, until there's been time to really look at the symph system and sl system as part of a big balance i'd keep it that way just to make it easier for people to switch over. (since the big clans tend to change faction so often or disappear altogether it'll help keep op wars and general population up i think)

The rest will just have to be tested on the testserver and i'll check it out for sure myself!
    The Fallen Angels will come into play more in the storyline soon along with Crahn to highlight their move and what is going on with those factions. If () Tech Haven were to be used for new Angels, it would need a lot done to make it work as a starting location, even in Neocron 1 there was a lot of frustration for new runners starting out there. Twilight Guardian's Canyon Facility will experience some more changes over time too, to ensure that new TG runners get a good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    When does the server go live? Looking forward to have a nice simple font for my GUI, does it support font smoothing or anti-aliasing for non pixel based fonts?
    For the former, please see above. For the latter I'll see if I can shove Zoltan into the room for more details on the font changes.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Trivaldi View Post
    For the former, please see above. For the latter I'll see if I can shove Zoltan into the room for more details on the font changes.
    Yo! Fonts are now configurable BUT not all fonts are compatible. You are able to change sizes and the font file. In the case your client gets stucked with a blacksync please revert your changes and reboot your system.

Where I am able to change the font settings?

Take a look into your "Neocron\Ini" folder, there is a file called "Font.ini".
    Open it in a text editor like notepad.

What kind of Fonts are supportet?

Just True Type Fonts

Will the UI adjust the font spaces automatic to the given font size?

No. You have to find the right setting which works for your by yourself.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERDISCORDGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT​​

I like the many things that were changed in regard to the level design, the environment, the starter locations, and for TG. The game is moving back to the original vision that NC1 was. To me these changes will make the game feel more fresh again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alduin View Post
    * Canyon Apartment areas have been renamed to the Montag and Rodriguez Barracks, in memory of the late Nicole 'Chenoa' Montag.
    Thank you for keeping her memory in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Yo! Fonts are now configurable BUT not all fonts are compatible. You are able to change sizes and the font file. In the case your client gets stucked with a blacksync please revert your changes and reboot your system.

Where I am able to change the font settings?

Take a look into your "Neocron\Ini" folder, there is a file called "Font.ini".
    Open it in a text editor like notepad.

What kind of Fonts are supportet?

Just True Type Fonts

Will the UI adjust the font spaces automatic to the given font size?

No. You have to find the right setting which works for your by yourself.
    Sounds great, just to ask again, does it support anti-aliasing or font smoothing? I'll defo be using a nice san-serif font like Helvetica Neue or Lucida Grande.

good to see some of the factions moving out of nc again. can you explain your reasoning behind the addition of the tg guards? are you planning similar placements for other factions?

can we expect "un-clumping" of mobs in other areas as well?
    Last edited by eNTi; 09-07-13 at 11:52.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    good to see some of the factions moving out of nc again. can you explain your reasoning behind the addition of the tg guards? are you planning similar placements for other factions?
    All factions will become more territorial to put more relevance on faction membership. City Admin recently deployed guards outside of their HQ. City Mercs already have an extended presence in the North West Wastelands. Twilight Guardian used to control many of the structures in the Canyon before their betrayal at the hands of the Dome of York. The mountains around Tech Haven used to be somewhat under Fallen Angel control prior to Tech Haven's designation as a trading outpost by the peaceful non-playable branch of the Faction.

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi
    can we expect "un-clumping" of mobs in other areas as well?
    Yes. As and when further sectors are visited general improvements will be made to the hunting in those areas. Fire mob hunting should be somewhat refreshed in the sectors updated in this patch. I hope to eventually freshen up the load out of all Wasteland sectors but it is quite a time consuming process.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

Reworked state synchronization of weapons, this should fix issues like e.g. a different number of hits registering on the server- and client-side
    Does this fix the issue with the beam weapon bouncing HP bug?

nice changelog! I hope that the patch arrives titan as fast as possible.

As spy I have a question concerning the stealth tool.
    Is it possible to mark it as "no weapon"? *lovely smile*

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

Quote Originally Posted by Britney View Post
    1. So the mission npcs that got removed (Dragon's wrath etc.) that part of the mission is skipped or something?
    Forgot to answer this one. The mission works in the exact same way as before. The redundant (as kills are not required) Dragon's Wrath spawn trigger has simply been removed, until such a time we can couple killing them with the other mission objective.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast