Lightbulb Implant Calculator (part 2)

Hi all,

Just curious, is anyone still using the implant calculator?

I've got some monitoring set up and I'm seeing a steady stream of traffic, I can't tell if that's real people or not yet. If it's normal usage then I'll leave it, but if it's bot traffic then I'd like to kill it with fire.

Incidentally, I'm looking for ways to improve it if it's still in use, any and all suggestions welcome.
    http://www.synth-soft.com/ - NC Implant Calculator
    {{{{{{{{{{OHM}}}}}}}}}}

Yes I've used it a fair few times thanks and been a quick way to work out what imps i should get and the next tl weapon

What I really need is an update of the resist stuff from NSkill as that used to be, an online one of them, perhaps that kept a profile you could save would be superb.

That is a lot of work though and when changes get made, means that you need an easy way to update the info

Still, for the tool as it is, yes ive used it id say every 3 days or so for 15 mins each time if that helps?

Quote Originally Posted by evs View Post
    Yes I've used it a fair few times thanks and been a quick way to work out what imps i should get and the next tl weapon

What I really need is an update of the resist stuff from NSkill as that used to be, an online one of them, perhaps that kept a profile you could save would be superb.

That is a lot of work though and when changes get made, means that you need an easy way to update the info

Still, for the tool as it is, yes ive used it id say every 3 days or so for 15 mins each time if that helps?
    That's cool, so long as there are real users and not pretend traffic that's fine.

I'll have a think about how I could introduce some of that stuff, you're right... resists would be pretty cool, collecting that data might be more difficult.
    {{{{{{{{{{OHM}}}}}}}}}}

@Herrad - you will always get a steady stream of search-bot traffic, and I suspect the THN linking to your site has increased that.

I've used the implant calculator many times, and still use it. My request for an improvement would be to make the calculator ignore rare and MC5 implants. I've often wanted to get to +100 DEX, but using ordinary chips. (Try base 86 DEX with RCL skill and no LE for a bit of an expensive setup!)

yeah, I'm using it.

My suggestions:
    1) display list of total boni.

2) include other implants, like eyes which do not contribute to the main skill, but to subskill (would work nice with #1)

3) Because your tool is mandatory for leveling, in many times I begun preparing a setup just to discover it'll be obsolete in mere level or two. I'd love to see some warning for that.
    Or different approach: instead of entering main skill lvl and get a list of weapons for that, list all distinct setups from 1 to 100.

4) Some kind of filtering of the weapons list. Many drones are useless, like SFA or SPL. Leveling a tank is pretty much limited to GL, laser, wave and raygun, too. Also AoE/single is important issue in "what to do now". It would require either waiting for TH to add such data or creating them on your side, I know it's not going to happen ; )

BTW, what does "Prefer Primary Skill" do?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    ...It would require either waiting for TH to add such data or creating them on your side, I know it's not going to happen ; )
    OT: I'm at the moment sketching a load of notes and designs for the THN Items DB V2. One thing on the list is better support for what type of weapon an item is. More details soon, but don't say never. It could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Brammers View Post
    OT: I'm at the moment sketching a load of notes and designs for the THN Items DB V2. One thing on the list is better support for what type of weapon an item is. More details soon, but don't say never. It could happen.
    Well, you already have "type" for drones, the only problem is that most items have nothing.

I'd love to see a check box that removes the rare head implants like MC5's. As levels progress, it's not always possible to buy or hunt for rare imps, so as you get to higher levels, the tool actually becomes pretty useless. This option should just be to go on all implants that can be shop or faction bought.

Some good ideas, I'll focus on removing some trashy results, maybe an option to ignore implants above a certain TL... dunno we'll see.

I like the idea for some sort of warning users would see if (in a level or two's time) their setup will dramatically improve, stop people going spending all their money on a setup which would be utterly redundant after a few hours of levelling...

Hmm, I'll have a think about how I could display that...

@Brammers yeah, the data I'm seeing is consistent with users actually doing searches, I'm gonna stick some logging in so I can see what's going on.
    {{{{{{{{{{OHM}}}}}}}}}}

Yep I've been using this too, with much appreciation!

Mitglied des Beliar FanClub

YES using it too, please keep it online m8 !!!