English Lead Moderator, Community Consultant Nidhogg's Avatar

Come one guys, cool it down a bit. After all, we wouldn't want MayhemMichael to be sad, would we? Hmm, that name sounds familiar.
    Nidhogg
    Forum Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»Thanks for stopping by«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRONPLAY NEOCRONFACEBOOKTWITTERIRCGET SUPPORTFORUM RULESRULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhogg View Post
    Come one guys, cool it down a bit. After all, we wouldn't want MayhemMichael to be sad, would we? Hmm, that name sounds familiar.
    I'm incognito Niddy.

Back to the rage topic: I just saw the post by Triv about adding new members to the vol team. That's a great idea and would be a great step in the right direction for Neocron. I'm sure over the past decade that many members of the community have gained a great deal of knowledge and experience in their personal lives and could contribute to growing and the development of Neocron. If you ever need help on the business side (marketing or accounting) of it, i'd be happy to do it pro bono.

Mike just so you know the phrase "good enough for government work" is actually used by people who work for the government who do work.

You cannot use it to describe nc lol. Noone here is in any kind of government.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    Mike just so you know the phrase "good enough for government work" is actually used by people who work for the government who do work.

You cannot use it to describe nc lol. Noone here is in any kind of government.
    It's not used by people who work for the government. Google the meaning.

I really admire the volunteer team, I don't even have time to play NC let alone help run it.

If this game gets fixed i'll have to teach and pay a WoW farmer to level a H-C/T-C tank for me

Back to the rage topic: "If you can do better, step up. If not, piss off."

Titan: Sublime - Crahn Sect PPU/poker 12/7

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemMichael View Post
    This Sechs guy gets it.
    It's true.

1. it's summer and there's nothing we can do about that.
    2. the recent patches were PvP-centric, so non-PvP-centric casual players are slightly repelled. this could be adressed.

I just wonder about some people's comments here about bugs/exploits/whatever not being fixed ...

Besides the fact that there have been long lists of changes and fixes already, the upcoming pacthes noted on other threads in the forums (already released at the test server?) show, that there is some work on them.

Sometimes I have the feeling some people expect that their reported bug will be fixed and released immediatelly, best within the next 24 hours ... oh wait, better even shorter!

I can imagine, they get more than enough reports, which are listed, tested and then trying to find the point where it can be fixed. As some announce themselves here to be programmers themselves, they should know pretty well that's not done in just 5 minutes, the less if its about a game (and not just a simple application). I am scripter/coder myself, but honestly I wouldn't dare to try with Neocron Code as it first is not my programming language and second it may be a bit too big for me.

I'd just say, go to the test servers (in case they are on), check the lastest test patches and see if your reported Bug is fixed or not. Even if not, just notice that there IS some bugs fixed. So your reported one may be the next one on the list.

Just be patient ... things will come, I am sure of that.

And yeah, maybe I am too optimistic, but I've seen worse time ... way worse ...
    Squish
    Dragon Doc
    Black Dragon

I cant tell you why so many ppl are gone but what i can tell you is why the infected players are (currently at least i hope so) gone or idle:

Most of us enjoy the PvP in Neocron. The issue was that slow balancing and patching bugs related to PvP (Clipping etc) forced us to adjust our classes an playstyle to be able to compete against the other strong PvP players. But the drawback of stacking spys and using op weapons was that PvP newcomers had 0 chance against us. We tried your best let them take place in the OP-Fight business but as we all know survival of the fittest is doing a good job even in computer games. So the map was dominated by 2 or 3 Clans. As usual fighting the same enemy over and over again is getting boring. The fact that there are some very efficent tactics that we consider as abuse or not working as in intended at OP-Fights made us even more disappointed in fighting some clans. We discussed that over and over again on the teamspeak/ooc/wisper etc. But some Player will always seek for a way to have an advantage over other Players. I thinks that this was one of the main issues why more and more clans were leaving the OP-Fight business. Additionally the server preformes was often very unstable. To quot our whatsapp group: "Server online ?" "No" "Ok i`m back in a week! See ya" or "Any enemies online" "LG 1 FF 2 PPB 0 ;-)" "ok i'm gonna clean the road bye".

I hope thats this will represent the most opinions of the infected players.

Anyway we had a good time!
    Thanks to FF and LG and all the other for some great fights.

Hope to see you ingame soon after sparta is finally applied.

Cheers
    Hackebeil

Thread closed...

Oh, and thanks for the interesting debate over lunch. I actually had nothing to do so had a bag of crisps, a bar of dairy milk and a tin of diet coke.

Lunch +1

Much Love!
    Tetasau - Rifle Spy
    Rincey - Tank

Well we are in the summer slump right now when people are outside more and the steam sales distract people as well, I'm still trying to finish all the games I bought (Aint even started most of em). Sparda will most likely help make the population come back up as will winter.

What we really need for the population to really get going again is advertising when they have fixed stuff up, till then its always going to be a bit low. Sadly it might affect other peoples enjoyment. Another reason I've not played in a while is I got bored of the only pvp being in pp1 and it always being the same people.

The community doesn't help either really, I could handle fighting the same people if it was the right people but the same people usually entailed either VIRUS with a 10 man OP team or infected with a 10 man OP team. This ended up making the only pvp in the game pointless which then as this game is basically only pvp made the game pointless.

Well.. and theres only so long you can fight people hitting with 100% of their shots while claiming they are just awesome before you wait for the GMs to stop letting their friends cheat. Yes this post will most likely get deleted for this part of the post and my account banned.. but its pretty well known that some of the GMs give their mates guns and hack, if they don't stop this game is good as dead. Volunteering doesn't give you free reign to cheat.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

Back for the moment

I can tell you why I didn't come back and suggested to my old buddies not to either:
    Recent moderation/admin decisions have shown that despite all the changes and time that has passed, there's still the same old shitty attitude to players. "This is our decision, even though it makes no sense and we can't explain or justify it, listen to it or be banned. PS: No further discussion or bans will be issued" etc etc

Sorry, but that attitude turned me off NC almost a decade ago, it isn't going to wash now. For this to be a community, there needs to be respect between the players, the mods and the devs. Unfortunately....

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Snow View Post
    I can tell you why I didn't come back and suggested to my old buddies not to either:
    Recent moderation/admin decisions have shown that despite all the changes and time that has passed, there's still the same old shitty attitude to players. "This is our decision, even though it makes no sense and we can't explain or justify it, listen to it or be banned. PS: No further discussion or bans will be issued" etc etc

Sorry, but that attitude turned me off NC almost a decade ago, it isn't going to wash now. For this to be a community, there needs to be respect between the players, the mods and the devs. Unfortunately....
    I recognize what you're referring to, and I'm not seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Snow View Post

Go away then, stop lurking mate

Final Boss of the Internet Kanedax's Avatar

Sucks that when AD finally gets a bunch of people the other op fighting clans (no, not the pp1 op fight heroes known as Infected and Virus) go AWOL. Find your ways back please. My ionic is thirsty for blood.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast