you guys act like this is their full time jobs; I love neocron, thanks for keeping it going and WASTING your free time on it.... not all of use think its a waste. Some things are new and changed up a bit

You also have to remember that it is indeed summer. Alot of people spend their times outside these times.

Quote Originally Posted by muwaji View Post
    You also have to remember that it is indeed summer. Alot of people spend their times outside these times.
    Outside? With real people and sunlight? pffftt, what is this madness you speak of?

Banned User

Yes. The excellent discussions on this community have disappeared extremely in the last six several weeks and even the brainport has got to be somewhat tedious. The ingame inhabitants seems to have disappeared some as well from the preliminary increase of Powerhouse some 9 several weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by makhi View Post
    Yes. The excellent discussions on this community have disappeared extremely in the last six several weeks and even the brainport has got to be somewhat tedious. The ingame inhabitants seems to have disappeared some as well from the preliminary increase of Powerhouse some 9 several weeks ago.
    For me, leaving was simply down to the terrible choices made by the 'dev' team
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

former king of saturn

To what are you referring, Digestive? I've been back about 3 weeks now and can definitely see a lot of large changes. But, other than the weird stuff going on with APUs, I don't know what would be so influential in your dissatisfaction (especially given the fact you have no apu).

Also, y helo thar. Long time no pk.

He probably means the SL changes that means red SL actually has an impact other than copbots shooting you.

former king of saturn

I haven't had to deal with that yet, but one day in the relatively near future I probably will. From what I understand, the toughest pill to swallow will be that GR's go locked down after a certain -SL. The no GR thing really does screw one's ability to fix SL when it is bad. There should be a tangible penalty for going severely -SL, but it shouldn't be so unimaginitive that your red has to get flogged all the way back to +SL. With all of the crazy random mobs out in the world, it is easily conceivable that a red SL runner could be slayed randomly by a DoY bot, or any of the other mobs that are all 2-3 hit killers while trying to egress to a location where they can actually run missions to raise SL.

Quote Originally Posted by DigestiveBiscui View Post
    For me, leaving was simply down to the terrible choices made by the 'dev' team
    I left because this so-called lead-manager neither knows how to manage a server (see twitter posts and various irc comments), nor does he treat people equally. Certain favors for certain persons, not banning people because they'd be 'coming back anyway. Acting like everything is just a piece of cake.
    I left because of censorship-like rules. Bad language? Not allowing grief-play? I thought we were opting for a post apocalyptic world with prostitutes, drugs and violence. If I wanted to live in carebear kingdom, I'd play wow instead. There, at least gm's are actually regulated and the server admins know what they're doing. No zero-to-cap services and no well, whatever-attitude either.
    And last but not least, the game got boring. Ridiculously boring. The concept is a winner, but over the last 8+ years I've seen every corner, played every class, every setup that was even remotely playable, had amazing appartments, collected trophies and whatnot. There's nothing more to do or to accomplish. Even if there was, the people I enjoyed playing with all left - for the very same reasons I just stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Declaring why no business left here...
    And still you come back...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post

Also, y helo thar. Long time no pk.
    It's been a while! You missed rizzy etc come back then same time i did about 8 months ago. What i'm referring to are many things. Red SL being one....the fact that they have banned names such as 'Jesus' because it's 'offensive' being another. Not allowing stupid clan ranks, favouring come clans over others, their ban system being so easily flawed its hilarious, posting threads on what the users would like to see address the most and the ignoring them - shit like that.

I started off with the same thoughts as you when i came back, but you'll soon notice the same type of people are running the ship, they just have different names.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bicceh - PPU
    Digestivebiscuit - Pistol PE
    Roy Walker - Researching God

former king of saturn

There definitely comes a time when the only route is separate no matter how much time and effort one puts into anything. As far as theme and player/player interactions, I do agree. The world is gritty and the universe should allow for that behavior from its players.
    That said, with the state of the community, in the interest in creating longevity for the game, it may be in entire game's best interest to go carebear in some respects to bolster the community. If that is possible.

Aaaaaaaaaanyhow-- since you're leaving/have left - I'm guessing you want to give me your stuff, yes?

former king of saturn

I really would have loved to have come back at that time, but since I'm a yank and don't have much contact with any of those guys any longer I never got the call.
    I do have to agree, banning names like Jesus is a bit unnecessary - that's actually the 4th most popular male name in the Hispanic world. I don't know what the clan names or titles were, but I suppose I could imagine certain reasons to intervene.
    As for clan favoring/ban system/etc I'm just going to have to experience it. I do recall days in the past where treatment didn't appear to be very fair for everyone in-game. As most everyone knows I caught myself a pretty solid ban for something I considered unfair at the time. Looking back through my forum history, I'm surprised I wasn't banned long before that happened. I'd have to say, after having been subject to a ban, that I do feel I was treated as fairly as I should have been. It's hard to be objective when you get too close to something, which is definitely where I was 'back in the day.'

Also-- my offer to take things you won't use anymore off your hands still stands

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    I don't know what the clan names or titles were, but I suppose I could imagine certain reasons to intervene.
    The reasons were never given, it would seem that having the word "fuck" in the title is the only reasoning for them to censor it. For example we were asked to change the clan rank "Don't fuck with McDuck" because they said it was offensive to the player base. McDuck is a character name in our clan and that was his own rank.

When I asked about it here on the forums I was told that we would have an answer within a few days but that never happened. I asked about it a few months later and was told that they would definitely get an answer regarding this censorship, they never did. That was months ago now and I've given up on it like most people have. This is an example of the poor communication I referenced earlier in this thread that has directly contributed to the rapid decline in server population.

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    The reasons were never given, it would seem that having the word "fuck" in the title is the only reasoning for them to censor it. For example we were asked to change the clan rank "Don't fuck with McDuck" because they said it was offensive to the player base. McDuck is a character name in our clan and that was his own rank.

When I asked about it here on the forums I was told that we would have an answer within a few days but that never happened. I asked about it a few months later and was told that they would definitely get an answer regarding this censorship, they never did. That was months ago now and I've given up on it like most people have. This is an example of the poor communication I referenced earlier in this thread that has directly contributed to the rapid decline in server population.
    Does seem bizarre or indeed a case of double standards on the developers part. You can't use a funny endearing title for a fellow clan mate and yet an NPC tells you to "piss off you wanker" while strippers gyrate behind him. Then afterwards you can go to plaza and pelvic thrust someone in the face by typing sex. This game is gritty. Guns, drugs and sex are the norm and npcs swear. So it seems odd to enforce some strange censorship.

Still you can have a character called Digger Nicks if you like. Subtlety offensive if that's ya thing.
    I’m going to become rich and famous after I invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast