Cool Levelling Areas - Which one place should be improved/changed?

This is a pretty broad discussion, I'd just like to know one place that you would like to see improved/balanced/changed so that you can enjoy leveling there once again.

For me, this would be Swamp Caves, specifically next to Jankins Lab. I used to love levelling my rifle spy there.
    Today it appears the monsters are quite overpowered, much more than they used to be, which prevents people from reasonably levelling there.

former king of saturn

Mid-to-high-level areas have changed a lot and are typically more difficult (read: higher damage, not more challenging) than they were during my time in NC1.

That said, the area with the largest need for improvement is everything up to Aggressor Captains.
    Sewers need to be re-designed to be less maze-like. Mobs need to be larger and easier to hit (roaches/sewer bees, anyone?) and the XP gain needs to be increased. The newbie experience in this game is unforgiving and, from my observations, turns more new players away than any other facet of the world.

Depending on class and weapon type, you can actually have a faster leveling experience later in the game than you do at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    That said, the area with the largest need for improvement is everything up to Aggressor Captains.
    Sewers need to be re-designed to be less maze-like. Mobs need to be larger and easier to hit (roaches/sewer bees, anyone?) and the XP gain needs to be increased. The newbie experience in this game is unforgiving and, from my observations, turns more new players away than any other facet of the world.
    There's some important information on this very topic in the Development Update which will be going live tomorrow.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Mobs need to be larger and easier to hit (roaches/sewer bees, anyone?).
    Agreed! Good luck hitting those Dragonflies with a nailgun

Also, the starting area is bugged. Traders are standing on top of each other and some npc's are running in place.
    Planet Bliss - Chilled Electronic

if theres just one place i would like to see changed: the steppes. you know, like blakkmist to gabanium and malstrond, where you would hunt horrors and brutes with your upper-midrange, non-capped char - back then (tm). today this area is over-populated with hoverbots, york troopers, doy units - mobs of high damage and bad loot.

i'm perfectly fine with caves being team hunting areas today.

and i (sorry) really disagree with Divides complaint - the noob experience is still fast and fun. just skip the starter mc5 area, GR to your app, head for the nearest sewer L1, kill tiny rats with your fists for like 10 minutes, loot flesh, candy and soda to heal you, use it to hit some plants with your fists (and gain heaps of exp), sell loot, get a decent low-TL ranged weapon, head to outzone and kill dogs, mutants, hurlers, plants until you're ready to do cyclops, which are also roaming the industrial and outzone storages. then warbots and firemobs.

or run to MB at around xx/10 and rake in team exp. uh yes, the occasional boring aggressor captain grinding mission, which i'm always trying to avoid. because i'm logging into NC to have a fun time, not to get bored by grinding exp.

former king of saturn

Torg, everything you said entails knowledge of the game which outside players clearly do not have.

Torg, everything you said entails knowledge of the game which outside players clearly do not have.
    you got a point. so maybe we should get rid of both the starter mc5, or rework it at least. guiding of unexperienced players should be our common task, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roburn Bliss View Post
    Agreed! Good luck hitting those Dragonflies with a nailgun

Also, the starting area is bugged. Traders are standing on top of each other and some npc's are running in place.
    The position of these NPCs was adjusted in R#184-T#184/5 to help ease (and hopefully resolve) this issue.

Also, I agree that the Steppe Sectors are a bit of a mess. It's a real mishmash currently. Feedback from the Canyon Sector changes on Vedeena (same patch linked above), will affect how we deal with this issue in the future.
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

ğI'm in a glass case of emotion!Ğ

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    if theres just one place i would like to see changed: the steppes. you know, like blakkmist to gabanium and malstrond, where you would hunt horrors and brutes with your upper-midrange, non-capped char - back then (tm). today this area is over-populated with hoverbots, york troopers, doy units - mobs of high damage and bad loot.

i'm perfectly fine with caves being team hunting areas today.

and i (sorry) really disagree with Divides complaint - the noob experience is still fast and fun. just skip the starter mc5 area, GR to your app, head for the nearest sewer L1, kill tiny rats with your fists for like 10 minutes, loot flesh, candy and soda to heal you, use it to hit some plants with your fists (and gain heaps of exp), sell loot, get a decent low-TL ranged weapon, head to outzone and kill dogs, mutants, hurlers, plants until you're ready to do cyclops, which are also roaming the industrial and outzone storages. then warbots and firemobs.

or run to MB at around xx/10 and rake in team exp. uh yes, the occasional boring aggressor captain grinding mission, which i'm always trying to avoid. because i'm logging into NC to have a fun time, not to get bored by grinding exp.
    I miss the gabanium/malstrond experience too. I have fond memories of NC1 there, back when I had ingame music still turned on, it was very atmospheric!

Quote Originally Posted by Torg View Post
    you got a point. so maybe we should get rid of both the starter mc5, or rework it at least. guiding of unexperienced players should be our common task, too.
    I think all new runners should start at a common location where other experienced runners can meet and greet them. This is possible in other games.

The bottom of MB seems to have a nice looking area which is relatively unused.

Not sure if this would be difficult to implement however we could fill up the area with a few mobs and make it some sort of leveling area?

since our recent discussions have shown it makes a vast difference if youre experienced or not, we should put up guides for the new players (and NC1 undead). comparing my own first char to my maybe 100th (recent) one: it took me weeks (literally) to get my hands on my first tech part in late 2002, while today levelling up a char (to warbot/firemob level) is a matter of mere hours. lets put up a community project: easy guide to NC for beginners and have it sent to any new char in- or outgame.

We are the CityMercs

How about the adopt-a-noob-program?