Over the course of the games life, rank names have never been a big issue. Suddenly a couple people cry about it, and we completely have to advert our attentions away from things that actually matter, so that 1 or 2 people don't get yelled at by their mom when she oversees a bad word pop up on the monitor? come on Ivan, and you others..

Quote Originally Posted by Arzon View Post
    I am sorry, but there were more then just def fixes involved..

Also how were they illegally leaked by the person running project earth?

They were in plain view in everyones neocron folder, since iirc patch 167..

I am not trying to hound you about not updating anything, I am just answering the question of why the populations are going down.

Also, if project earth was such a horrible thing, why is your current anticheat system based off the work that was done on project earth?
    What the hell is "Project Earth" ? I picked up the words and "Neocron server files" from your sentences. I ensure you... we don't need to take anything from a hacked p-server. Why? Simple answer: We open Visual Studio to implement features or bugfixes... the "Project Earth" guys opens just a Hex-Editor.

So please stop bullshitting here. There is no place for OT spam.

@ BTT

After more than 10 yrs of Neocron we should have learned that the playercount decreases during the summer time each year. I don't have any worrys about it.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    So if the clan STD has "AIDS" in their clan ranks, would you call that harassment?

Do they even know how much people suffer from a disease like that?

Is that what people want in a computer game, for entertainment, in Neocron?

No, I wouldn't.

I would call it harassment if players were indeed harassing an individual who suffered from such a disease.

As for whether or not people search out this kind of immature expression in a game, I'd have to argue that it doesn't matter to me where or why they get their rocks off with it.
    As someone who doesn't find the name STD / rank AIDS funny in the slightest, I'd have to indeed agree that whoever thought of that is probably an idiot with extremely poor taste. That said, if they want to look like a dolt, that is their prerogative. If you really are offended by it, I'd urge you to find a way to get back at them (eg: pking incessantly) or to do what people do in the real world and address the concern head on. If you can't talk sense into them, go back to the first suggestion.

Every day, all over the world, people are offended by things others would not bat an eye about. As a long-time (and thankfully, former) inhabitant of the bible belt, I've seen every form of dismay/distaste/hate/non-acceptance from the people there. It doesn't look good on them to try to impose their will on everyone as to how to live, dress, speak, behave; it doesn't look good on you, either.

former king of saturn

Quote Originally Posted by Dribble Joy View Post
    IIRC, RP insult/offense is entirely permissible. The problem arises when it bleeds into a non-RP context. A further problem arises when people disagree on where that distinction falls.

Eh, RP be damned. I don't consider shit-talk harassment even if it is out of character. Harassment, in my book/relating to a game, is defined by the level of commitment of the offender. If someone spams your direct with RP shit talk without relief, it is still harassment. If someone says once in TRADE-NC that irl you're ugly and your mother dresses you funny, it is not.

This thread is why we can't have nice things.

What's the population like these days? Summer is about to end and it's about to get chilly. Would be a perfect time to come out with a huge patch in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemMichael View Post
    What's the population like these days? Summer is about to end and it's about to get chilly. Would be a perfect time to come out with a huge patch in a month or so.
    There are great things ahead. Read more about it here:
    http://forum.neocron-game.com/showth...mp-August-2013

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltan View Post
    Summarized: Bullshit.

btw. The "Project Earth" server files were illegally leaked by the project owner and this server was based on the buggy / exploitable Neocron Version #174. The simple DEF changes they made didn't solve the real problems.
    [/SIZE]
    Sorry Zoltan but i have to cal BULLSHIT on you m8 Kurara is right...

Quote Originally Posted by Faid View Post
    Sorry Zoltan but i have to cal BULLSHIT on you m8 Kurara is right...
    To be honest... you know nothing Faid.

Quote Originally Posted by flib View Post
    This thread is why we can't have nice things.
    Sadly yes.

And oh this Project Earth server. It was nothing special (Not everything worked for a start) and it was shutdown when Kirk threaten MrTrip with legal action. This is something which Faid and Arzon seem to have forgotten about in their arguments. In other words they had items which they were not allowed to have.
    Last edited by Brammers; 13-09-13 at 11:32.

Roger Ramjet Fanboy Number 1 RogerRamjet's Avatar

What's project earth like?

Quote Originally Posted by RogerRamjet View Post
    What's project earth like?
    It isn't worth to talk about it

Measured on the things we've already stated in the Dev-Updates there are many things in the pipeline we want to release but the critical factor is: Time. Please give us the chance to work on it instead on argumenting the same things with the same constant downers over all these years. I really wonder why they are still here if everything is so bad as they stated. Ah yes, to get you on the downer-wayne-train too

All I can say there are still many plans around Neocron. A new webfrontend is hitting us, an all new api for our beloved fan page hoster too... Many cool features and bugfixes around Neocron. Watch out for new information soon (TM) and in the meanwhile: Play the game

Neocron isn't that death like some ppl trying to suggest this to you.
    Zoltan
    Management • Development • Server Administration
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What do you hear? - Nothing but the rain. «

»I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if hundreds of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.« - server crash

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT​​

I don't understand why people bother to argue about this.

I don't even understand why I am replying.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentEye View Post
    I don't understand why people bother to argue about this.

I don't even understand why I am replying.
    Let's do something productive. Make a thread for the next meet up in Amsterdam!

You were never on it brammers, you wouldn't know. Also that was not the point. But yes, Mrtrip did shut it down, but it had nothing to do with legal action, ect. He shut it down when kirk asked him to work for the team, to sort stuff out. He then started working for kk as Lykos, did a lot of work for the stability of the server, and pretty much did the entire anticheat system, then was dropped from the team, banned from the forums, and blacklisted, after doing what he could to help out. Zoltan knew about the server, so I don't get why he is denying it now.. he worked with 1 of the head people of the server, to bring you titan. After dropping lykos though, not much has improved.. which just goes to show who was doing the work..

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast