Quote Originally Posted by Ajay View Post
    And you mean you want a mouse that will let you browse pr0n while you have a hand spare
    No, no. This needs a left-hand mouse.

/edit: Oh, I see you're covered with your brand-new, ambidextrous Taipan : )
    Last edited by Agent L; 20-06-13 at 19:37. Reason: just found out Taipan is ambidextrous

lol good point!

Now this looks plain awfull and is absurdly over the top software-wise. But seems like more ppl are thinking what I'm thinking.
    WarMouse Meta

I saw one in PC World that had line 12 buttons on the left and just can't think how you would use those quickly when gaming. I have programmable buttons on the keyboard too, so pretty much sorted

The REAL Walker

MX 518 > Everything else!
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    MX 518 > Everything else!
    They stopped making them bro. They are like £80 now as the G400 replaces them and it is pretty sweet tbh.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by William Antrim View Post
    They stopped making them bro. They are like £80 now as the G400 replaces them and it is pretty sweet tbh.
    Yeah I know.. I am thinking of getting a G400..
    Especially since the sidebuttons on my MX518 doesnt Work anymore.. It has had a hard life..
    Hopefully the G400 is as tough as the MX518..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I've been looking for a replacement for my Mx518 for at least a year now. The mousewheel isn't as good as it once was after 6 or 7 years. I will only buy a mouse that has *zero* software/hardware acceleration and not stupid amounts of prediction. With all this talk of better gaming, frame rate optimisation, mouse acc, etc in the last couple days so I did another dive around again.

Razer are all a bit ridiculous imo... The Cyborg mice look fun but also ridiculous, a lot of the top logitech mice have hardware acceleration to make up for the shit sensors they use these days (tbh half of the Razer also do... Deathadder looks decent though btw but I don't palm grip)... The G400 looks good but I wish they'd take the thumb ledge off it as that's the only thing that annoys me about the Mx518 as my thumb naturally rests on that edge that sticks out rather than in the groove.

There's not really much out there that's perfect for me but I happened to google a thread http://www.overclock.net/t/1298817/s...-no-correction which hints at "zowie am sensor"... Googled that and I've finally found my replacement!

These Zowie mice look right up my street. They've spent money on custom optics and do away with all the useless garbage that "gamer" mice come with these days (They look like I could take them out in public without looking like a dick). It's got a 1:1 sensor, dpi switch on the bottom so you can't nudge it (seriously... how often do you use the dpi buttons on your Mx518 other than when you accidentally push it? :P), nice big feet, etc. I think you can set the polling rate on one or all of them too. I like how they specifically chose to not use drivers too.

Anyways... I'm looking at the EC1 Evo I think as it looks the most similar to the Mx518 in terms of size and shape. I'm not a massive fan of ambidextrous mice as, well, I'm not a leftie. Sounds like some of you guys are... The AM and FK ones are ambi. I'm really hoping that they have a more silent click but probably not. Maybe I can modify it... Not quite sure why I never found em before though tbh.

Murm
    Last edited by Harch; 21-06-13 at 03:04.

Got the Mionix Naos 8200 a while back with their Esis 320 mousepad and the Zibal 60 keyboard.
    Really, really nice stuff imo.

Well, fixing the wheel on Mx518 is super easy, as it's a open mechanism with IR sensor construction. It's just a cleaning job.
    Buttons (including side ones) are not a big problem to replace, but require soldering.

I can easily find some real Mx518 sold new, but they're priced way above G400. (it's an annoying trend to advertise G400 as "Mx518 ver.2"

I used to have a mx518 and its a thumbs up for me until it died a gamers death. I.e too much of it.
    Eventually went to a Death adder and when that died, bought the death adder v2 or v3 or whatever it is.
    Thing is, i often had some wrist related angst from rocket jumping in q3 back in the day and when i moved to the death adder and a lovely cloth mat, it eventually disappeared.
    Now i certainly swear by these death snakes and their clothy desked counterparts.

Keyboard wise, I have the lycosa keyboard.
    It feels brilliant, typing is excellent and feels solid. BIG downside though is that it will occasionally 'lock up' which appears to be a problem with the model/product. It doesnt happen often, once every few weeks and requires being yanked from the usb port and plugged back in but you are guaranteed it will be at the worst possible time!

I love soft and short laptop style keys. Mmmm.

I'd be chucking that keyboard fast. Not cool, heh. An old mouse I'd mine, many moons ago used to randomly flick up at max speed to a corner of the screen. I'd be happily jogging along and then suddenly do several pirouettes. Always as soon as you go around a choke point corner in counter-strike or something. Didn't take me too long to replace that one...

The keyboard went. It was far too big lol... Went back to my spare Mac bluetooth keyboard and so much better

Noooooo...why they did this? I have this mouse since it was released and it's the best >

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." εMahatma Ghandiз

The G400 is basically the same mouse but with upgraded dpi and the other scientific gubbins inside. I know this because I bought one a few months ago. I had 3 MX518s in my gaming career and all died a gamers death. I searched high and low for a replacement and honestly the G400 has the same feel in my hand.

I dont honestly care about all that other stuff - the tech geeks can argue over dpi and whatever else - I just want something that feels like my 518, looks like it and lets me play the same.

The G400 does that. Its like modern technology in a classic style.

It gets my vote.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast