für einen freien Geist Deus Ex Machina's Avatar

Default Shield dislocation gun

I was thinking about spreading Utility around for use in PvP and was thinking of the following, did not think it through so would like to know what you think of it:

Let there be a gun, that can temporarily help ignore shields. Maybe change the Freezer guns for that. The effect would be like that: When you hit the target, it gets a short duration debuff (1 second or like that). During that duration the effects of one damage type (picked at random), ignore running shields and fully damage the person that was hit by the shield dislocation gun.

Mods could be avaiable, that make it possible to fix that shield dislocation to poison, fire, xray and maybe force, while also transforming part of the damagetype of the gun to the dislocated damagetype. (Of course the main damage types are excluded here, they would only be avaiable through the random debuff)

The weapon itself would do considerable less damage than other weapons of the same TL, but could be good (alone) against heavy shielded targets if you hit constantly (as probably only the next hit after a first hit would ignore the shield, or the next two hits (the first hit doesn't of course, that one hits the shield, but applies the buff).
    I may not agree
    with what you have to say,
    but I'll defend to the death
    your right to say it!
    - Voltaire

Cool idea, could be a good way to add other ways to deal with ppus, and removing only 1 type of damage buff for a short time means that it can be used to help kill a ppu or buffed target BUT is considerably less useful than the anti buff to the point that its not making ppus easy targets.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

I posted a similar idea a few months ago. Freezer guns being used for brain freeze basically.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"