Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    There's some potential to synchronise effects of psi shield to how 'channeled in' characters are with their 'inner psi'

i.e make them somehow scalable with Psi level - lets call current level 20% effective

no change when buffing spies
    slight buff for PEs but their dmg output is so low it makes sense
    big buff for APUs maybe not 5x more effective but the numbers are just for arguments sake
    little defense nerf for tanks but they have alot better armor and CON to compensate
    I like the idea of tying the strength of PPU buffs to the PSI level of the buffed player. It simply makes sense!

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    ug is crap in fights anyway. just make it accessible to everyone when the first (or so) hack has gone through. you can always post some faction guards or reprogrammed cop bots inside the op.
    Id say you gain access after the 2. successful hack. After the 1. hack is too earlier/easy and after the 3. hack is through you basically own the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Load_HeavyLoad View Post
    There's some potential to synchronise effects of psi shield to how 'channeled in' characters are with their 'inner psi'

i.e make them somehow scalable with Psi level - lets call current level 20% effective

no change when buffing spies
    slight buff for PEs but their dmg output is so low it makes sense
    big buff for APUs maybe not 5x more effective but the numbers are just for arguments sake
    little defense nerf for tanks but they have alot better armor and CON to compensate
    I actually quite like this idea as tanks are the big defence class so don't need buffs to much while the apu needs buffs to survive. It would need to be worked out properly but if done well this could be a great addition.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    If foreign buffs are to be nerfed, then APU's need fixing, its already hard enough to stay alive as an APU in an OP war situation.
    APU's definitely does need a lot of love.. But that is for an entire different discussion (although they would need to be fixed at the same time, or very close to the same time as PPU's).
    And I was not speaking of a major foreign nerf.. But a nerf of 10-15% shield strength.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Agreed with OP,

/signed

The PPU is not as strong as you guys think. The problem is a good PPU is going to run away and clip arround objects so you cant kill him. Most PPUs wont survive 2 DDs if they stand still (even if they recast shields all the time). The same problem appears on a shielded(or not) tank btw, if he is able to run arround objects and recives a heal you wont be able to kill him or atleast it might be "hard to kill".

Nerfing classes that abuse thoses issue is not the best way of balancing the game.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hackebeil View Post
    The PPU is not as strong as you guys think. The problem is a good PPU is going to run away and clip arround objects so you cant kill him. Most PPUs wont survive 2 DDs if they stand still (even if they recast shields all the time). The same problem appears on a shielded(or not) tank btw, if he is able to run arround objects and recives a heal you wont be able to kill him or atleast it might be "hard to kill".

Nerfing classes that abuse thoses issue is not the best way of balancing the game.
    I definitely agree with this.
    Hell you can even take Down a rezzing PPU alone, if you have the right weapon..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

I think fixing 'hollow' items would be start to balancing pvp in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    I definitely agree with this.
    Hell you can even take Down a rezzing PPU alone, if you have the right weapon..
    i've seen ppus standing in the midst of an op fight rezzing getting hammered by ionic, ak and cs. if that's not op, then what is? sure they will give up eventually, but killing one depends on the right antis at the right time.

i've seen ppus standing in the midst of an op fight rezzing getting hammered by ionic, ak and cs. if that's not op, then what is? sure they will give up eventually, but killing one depends on the right antis at the right time.
    I think its great for the longevity of an Op fight, something I find great fun, as it actually feels like a battle rather than a 'scuffle.'

The REAL Walker

Use a Dev.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12