Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    Problem with that is people would just hack the UG first then there would be no point for a UG, unless you make people need to hack a certain number of layers first, but good luck hacking the UG as people would always target the hacker first unless it was a long distance off from the UG
    How about this?

1.) You need to hack the first layer of the OP
    2.) After a few Minutes you can also hack the UG (exact numbers may vary)
    3.) You need to hack three layers to get in the UG with 3 diff hackers (exact numbers may vary)

This would also stop the attackers barreling the UG cause they dont want to kill their hackers and it'd stop UG whoring too.

Feel free to suggest yours.
    Last edited by Ivan Eres; 14-06-13 at 13:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Eres View Post
    How about this?

1.) You need to hack the first layer of the OP
    2.) After a few Minutes you can also hack the UG (exact numbers may vary)
    3.) You need to hack three layers to get in the UG with 3 diff hackers (exact numbers may vary)

This would also stop the attackers barreling the UG cause they dont want to kill their hackers and it'd stop UG whoring too.

Feel free to suggest yours.
    The only problem I forsee is where the hack term for the UG would be as it can't be just hacking the UG or people would constantly come up and kill the hacker, as such that would mean it would need to be further away so it wouldn't help with stopping barreling. People manage to reach the hack term and kill the hacker hiding in the terminal so a guy standing right next to the UG wouldn't last 5 seconds.
    "You're fat, and you look like you should be, but you're not."

The REAL Walker

That is just a chance you would have to take. At least something like this would give you a tactic choice.
    Barrel the UG like a noob, or try to prevent the defending team from UG whoring..
    I like it.

Uh and Pro-tip: You could use a PPU to hack the UG..
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

Quote Originally Posted by DIABLO666 View Post
    The only problem I forsee is where the hack term for the UG would be as it can't be just hacking the UG or people would constantly come up and kill the hacker, as such that would mean it would need to be further away so it wouldn't help with stopping barreling. People manage to reach the hack term and kill the hacker hiding in the terminal so a guy standing right next to the UG wouldn't last 5 seconds.
    It does not have to be a hackterm.

The "hack spot" can be right next to the entrance to the UG, or on it.

One example for this are the hackable doors and entrances in the sewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropout View Post
    Uh and Pro-tip: You could use a PPU to hack the UG..
    i wonder if it would be possible to win an op fight with nothing but ppus, on either side. could someone please try that? gogo ff!

hmmm ok I am convinced it could be interesting to have the option, that way if a defending team is so awful that they just cause annoyance you could have the option to try to take over the UG, OR if you do such a complete wipe that you have a free gap to try it. Would also convince the defenders to pop their heads out more often to make sure nobody is trying to hack the UG.

Basically the main aim of this thread is to make OP wars more interesting =) right now it's just a bit samey.

Hand me a gun and ask me again zii's Avatar

Why not create a long tunnel into the OP. This sewer/old cavern tunnel is in the same zone as the UG, and the entrance is elsewhere in the OP zone far from the UG, or even in an ajacent zone

For example, this has 10 doors that have to be hacked to travel in one direction towards the UG, and can be hacked by anyone. Hacking success needs higher HCK the closer to a UG (may HCK 200). Successful hacks on doors cause alarm messages to be sent, just like HackTerm hacks send messages.

One twist is that the 1st door has to be hacked to be opened in both directions, so your team may well be stuck down there if your hacker is killed by the defenders, or another hacker would have to help you out from the other direction :-)

This gives the attackers access into the UG, but with great risks.

The REAL Walker

Quote Originally Posted by eNTi View Post
    i wonder if it would be possible to win an op fight with nothing but ppus, on either side. could someone please try that? gogo ff!
    Well, I have tried it with nothing but PPU's and Kami droners.. Not a lot of fun, but very viable.
    Walker
    John Gotti
    Sammy the Bull
    Danish Rage
    Innocent Bystander
    Walking Waste
    Sweet Judgement
    Sweet Vengeance

This whole thing sounds far too complicated to me. Hack this door hack that op. Here is an idea:

Remove all gr locks. Remove ug grs. Make the op defenders gr in from a different gr and come fight for their op on a level playig field. Nowhere to run and nowhere to hide for anyone.

Real PvP.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

The problem with OPs (for me at least) is that right now the fighting is to simple thus why I want it to have a bit more to it, right now its basically GR in hack the term and aoe the UG. Defenders its kill the hacker kill the people. Theres no real strategy just a big mindless brawl while 1 person tries to hack.

These changes would add some kind of strategy as people could get a close by safe spot but it would warn of their coming before the first layer, also the defenders wouldn't have such a easy time of it as they couldn't just easily slowly wittle people then when they eventually wipe be pretty safe as they wont bother to come back or else will take 30mins to do so.

I think that it is too complicated and too much of a chore. It would ruin the fun for me and the pvp. The idea hopefully is to encourage pvp not reduce it to how many hackers a team has instead of how many ppus they have.

Do you know why the ops are all owned by one clan? because it is a massive ball ache to have them change hands. A long time ago things used to be more simple. Yeah sure there was more ninja hacking but then there still is now. That will never change but the clans back then whined like fuck that they got ninja-ed and we got left with the op system we have today. It is shit.

The old way was better, ops changed hands daily and MORE people turned up to fight. Sure some ninja-ed from others but that timeless defence was always used. Get some people online who play later.

Smaller clans used to be able to own ops (even for a short time till they got ninja-ed back) but it was more fun than the stagnant bullshit system we have today. Nothing ever changes in nc. That is why it gets so dull.

If everyone could gr everywhere more fights would occur imo.
    "dulce et decorum est pro patria mori"

Move the UG behind the GR ! So the defending team has the option to be there in time ! This would also stop Sync Wars like in
    Crest Uplink. Barreling the UG will cause the attacker to have less protection for the hacker (more tatics possible!)
    Clean the Outposts (Hackterm,Gogu,Trees,Boxes,Houses)! Redesign Outposts !
    Example for well designed Outpost could be Northstar without the trader buildings and gogus.

Another idea would be to divide the hackterm to 3 small terms. One for each hack spreaded over the OP.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12