Quote Originally Posted by Agent L View Post
    this:means they don't have a way to implement them.
    Not correct. Let me re-post what Xortag said.

Quote Originally Posted by Xortag View Post
    Neocrons particle FX system is not well documented yet, thus making it difficult to fix the animation quickly. But you can expect a change to the fusion effect in one of the next testserver patches.
    So to sum up:-

• Neocron's particle FX system is not well documented yet.
    • Making changes to fix the animation will not happen quickly.
    • A change will be implemented in a future test-server patch.

Ever since the volunteer team took over, I cannot recall or find an issue in our tracker system where we had to change something in the particle FX system. This will be the first time the NST will be making changes in this area so care will have to be taken to make sure nothing else is effected.

P.S. My personal view. I do like the fusion cannon effect, but I also accept there are issues with it.
    Bifrost
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»What's that coming over the hill? Is it a Warbot?«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • DISCORD • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

Quote Originally Posted by Bifrost View Post
    Not correct. Let me re-post what Xortag said.

So to sum up:-

• Neocron's particle FX system is not well documented yet.
    • Making changes to fix the animation will not happen quickly.
    • A change will be implemented in a future test-server patch.

Ever since the volunteer team took over, I cannot recall or find an issue in our tracker system where we had to change something in the particle FX system. This will be the first time the NST will be making changes in this area so care will have to be taken to make sure nothing else is effected.
    We're still talking about same thing. A complicated system without manual or knowledge how to use it is what I summed as "not having a way to do implement something" : )
    I do understand you're working on figuring it out, and I'm sure one day you will succeed. Until that day our suggestions what and how you should do with it are not usable.

There was someone with that flash bang in Regants today. That thing was annoying as hell.
    Change it, please.

former king of saturn

It really is distracting/detracting.

It's a massive pain in the arse. I can't think of any other weapon that draws so many complaints at popular leveling spots that fusion cannons or drones. I'd sooner take the hit of leveling a droner at a slower rate using a lower tl drone than use a FC type drone. The whole screen white flash is just unnecessary.

Not sure why everyone is so mad, i never had anny troubles when blasting mag after mag into mobs...

I like the flash.
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places
    <&Danae> i have kids, i don't need pets ^^

It depends on the lightning in the room you're playing.
    If the room is well lit, it's not a problem. The flash is not much brighter than ambient, feels ok.
    If the room is dark, your eyes are adapted to the dark. The flash is a huge change so it becomes a problem.

Solution: play with the lights on.
    Everything is better with lights on : >

TANGENT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Xeno LARD's Avatar

Default Simple GFX Change: Fusion Flash

Just a simple one. Can we *please* reduce the flash you get from fusion weapons in the next patch?

Currently it goes to 100% white and fades back to transparent. Can we have it like 50% white or something? If you play in a dark ish room as I normally do it actually causes physical pain in my eyes after about 5 minutes of firing.

I don't see reducing it having any negative affects.

Thoughts?

I've merged a few threads here as they're all related to the same thing. This thread should still make sense. For new readers have a browser through the previous pages where you will find some explanation from Xortag on this matter.

Cheers,
    Trivaldi
    Neocron Support Team
    N E O C R O N - G A M E . C O M

»I'm in a glass case of emotion!«

DOWNLOAD NEOCRON • PLAY NEOCRON • FACEBOOK • TWITTER • IRC • GET SUPPORT • FORUM RULES • RULES OF CONDUCT

TANGENT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Xeno LARD's Avatar

Cheers Triv, I did have a quick search but couldn't find anything. As Xortag's post was 1/4 of a year ago - has any headway been made on this yet?

I've never done any game programming but can't you just comment out the seizure function?

Cheers guys

MY obligatory vote to keep the seizure function IN the game. I like flashy stuff...
    If you want to fix the game, start with the most essential part: The Community...
    <&Danae> i don't like anything that's furry, totally dependant on me, and shits and pisses in sneaky places

former king of saturn

Why would you want to keep that effect in game when you know that it keeps the grand majority of players from using it? Flashy stuff is cool, but this isn't a silly personal preference, it is a fact that players avoid fusion like the plague due to this. Fusion used in a group setting will either get you killed or removed if you don't stop. WHY would anyone argue for that to not change?

Quote Originally Posted by Divide View Post
    Why would you want to keep that effect in game when you know that it keeps the grand majority of players from using it? Flashy stuff is cool, but this isn't a silly personal preference, it is a fact that players avoid fusion like the plague due to this. Fusion used in a group setting will either get you killed or removed if you don't stop. WHY would anyone argue for that to not change?
    Because its my subjective opinion? I simply like it. I find it not too bright nor annoying, duh.
    Its not like my single voice is going to stop the effect from being removed after all. I just put my opinion to the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Drachenpaladin View Post
    I find it not too bright nor annoying, duh.
    I'm pretty sure it can't possibly be any brighter, it makes your entire screen solid white, that's as bright as it can possibly get. So I guess too bright would be buying or making a special monitor that shines as bright as a truck's fog lights?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast